FS: ES300 rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04, 03:02 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default FS: ES300 rear bumper

I am selling a used ES300 rear bumper. It is a 2-tone color (black on top, dark grey on bottom), and fits in all 1997-2001 ES300 only. The bumper is in used condition and contains no major damage, but has some surface scuffs and scratches and other imperfections which are noted in the pictures below.

Full view of bumper:

Left side of bumper. There are some light surface paint scratches and a few small cuts on the urethane on the black and grey portions, which have been touched up with the Autovisuals paint pens. It should be pointed out that these scratches are somewhat exaggerated on the pictures since they were taken with a flash, but the bumper does look decent when seen in person (even after the scratches are carefully touched up and wet sanded).

Right side of bumper. No evident imperfections on that side of the bumper.

Center view of bumper. This is where the most of the scuffs and scratch damage are located. Again, all of them have been touched up with the paint pen and wetsanded to level out the painted surfaces. Note however the 2 odd-looking "holes" located pretty much in the middle of the bumper along the chamfer edge. These were indeed holes originally (one of them thru, the other about 1/2 cm deep). I filled the holes with Bondo epoxy/putty, fine sanded them down, painted the Bondo to match the bumper color, and wetsanded the new "holed" surfaces. Unfortunately they are not quite up to the level of the bumper surface, but considering the location of the holes (along the chamfered edge), it was a challenge to repair the damage. Needless to say, it's the best I could do without harming the finish of the existing painted surface surrounding the holes.

So if you already have a badly damaged or dented rear bumper on a '97-'01 ES and are looking for a cheap used replacement without resorting to ordering from the dealership, this part is for you

Originally the bumper was purchased at $100. After doing my darnedest to restore the finish and look of the bumper, I am willing to sell the item for $80 negotiable. I prefer local pickup if possible, but will ship domestically if needed (please PM me for a shipping quote). I'm a verified Paypal customer, and I can also accept money order, cashier's check, or personal check (takes a few business days to clear).

PM me if you have any related questions.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 09-09-04, 08:33 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Bump.

Remember, the bumper fits only for 1997-2001 ES300. A perfect part to replace if you have a damaged rear bumper and can't find a good one other than the $725 retail price from the dealership.