ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 02:06 PM
Lexusguy2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper

Do you think that wiper on the passenger side sticks out too far (see picture)? It may have happened during a car wash when auto sensing viper was still on. How does it look in your car?
It is a 2016 ES 350
Attached Thumbnails Wiper-img_2713.jpg  
Old 09-01-16, 02:08 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

The wipers can come up a little. You need to reach over, grab both, and press down into the hood. They will click into place. The wipers are normally deep under the hood. But in the winter you can grab them (both) and pull up to put them in the position yours seem to be. Then you can lift them up entirely to prevent ice from caking on them, etc.

Now if you have ONE wiper way up and the other is not, that is an issue.
Old 09-01-16, 03:08 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

As Kijug states, just push hard on the knuckle of the wiper and both sides will move down inside and under the hood. Reverse when winter comes and just pull them back up.
Both wipers should move simultaneously. BTW, passenger side wiper looks OK to me...

Last edited by bc6152; 09-01-16 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-01-16, 03:16 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusguy2k
Do you think that wiper on the passenger side sticks out too far (see picture)? It may have happened during a car wash when auto sensing viper was still on. How does it look in your car?
It is a 2016 ES 350
I agree with Kijug and bc6152, it looks to me like both are in the Winter Position. Just follow the procedure.
Old 09-01-16, 05:14 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Why is that whenever I create a thread no one wants to reply? But one someone else makes one they get replies in minutes! That's really rude.
Old 09-01-16, 06:00 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

I read all of the posts and reply to those where I can add some knowledge and assistance. When I'm not sure or don't know the answer I skip it. I'm quite sure that this is the case with other members as well. No one IMO is being rude to you or deliberately not accessing your posts and questions. I've created several posts and never got any answers but just continue to participate and you should too.
Old 09-02-16, 06:28 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
I read all of the posts and reply to those where I can add some knowledge and assistance. When I'm not sure or don't know the answer I skip it. I'm quite sure that this is the case with other members as well. No one IMO is being rude to you or deliberately not accessing your posts and questions. I've created several posts and never got any answers but just continue to participate and you should too.
Same here.
Old 09-02-16, 10:13 AM
notabot
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Why is that whenever I create a thread no one wants to reply? But one someone else makes one they get replies in minutes! That's really rude.
yeah I really only respond to the ones that I can help with. I see a lot of your posts and you ask pretty specific body mod type questions that I can't help with. Honestly from what I can tell the ES board doesn't have a lot of modding questions. The IS or GS forums on the other hand...!
Anyway, I don't think you should take lack of responses personally.

Cheers
Old 09-02-16, 01:18 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Hey buddy! It's not just you. It happens to me too. I've made plenty new posts, and some with some really good info and "heard crickets." Funny thing is that I can see the "View Status" and there have been plenty of views; but no replies.

The problem is that this ES forum has very little participation. Most of the members view the posts but never take the time to make any comments at all. I have been a member of many many forums in the past for all of the cars I've owned. This forum by far is the quietest of all. If you took a look at the recent posts and the replies within, you'll see that it's the same dozen or two members who tends to contribute frequently. Everyone else is a window shopper.

Nothing we can do. I guess the majority of ES owners are pretty boring (no pun intended), myself included.
Old 09-02-16, 02:02 PM
sanyata
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azipod
I guess the majority of ES owners are pretty boring (no pun intended), myself included.
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 09-02-16, 05:02 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 678 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by azipod
The problem is that this ES forum has very little participation. Most of the members view the posts but never take the time to make any comments at all. I have been a member of many many forums in the past for all of the cars I've owned. This forum by far is the quietest of all. If you took a look at the recent posts and the replies within, you'll see that it's the same dozen or two members who tends to contribute frequently. Everyone else is a window shopper.

Nothing we can do. I guess the majority of ES owners are pretty boring (no pun intended), myself included.
I've been a member on several vehicle forums over the years. One of the main reasons you see little participation here, is the simple fact that the ES has very few problems. That, and the fact that most of the vehicle questions have already been asked. Search is your friend! Also, as mentioned above, the ES is not something ordinarily modded. This is the reason those type of posts get little action.

The best thing about this forum, I think, is the respect and knowledge of it's members. No one is dissing anyone. They're either just exercising their right to remain silent, like when someone puts F-Sport decals on their ES. Or, don't know the answer. Best forum I've been a member of!
Old 09-03-16, 03:49 AM
airgas1998
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
I've been a member on several vehicle forums over the years. One of the main reasons you see little participation here, is the simple fact that the ES has very few problems. That, and the fact that most of the vehicle questions have already been asked. Search is your friend! Also, as mentioned above, the ES is not something ordinarily modded. This is the reason those type of posts get little action.

The best thing about this forum, I think, is the respect and knowledge of it's members. No one is dissing anyone. They're either just exercising their right to remain silent, like when someone puts F-Sport decals on their ES. Or, don't know the answer. Best forum I've been a member of!
this is it in a nut shell...if you want an active forum, buy yourself an FCA product. join the boards, and watch all of the activity their.
Old 09-03-16, 09:18 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Besides, some of our spouses won't let us mod "their" cars. .

So I may not always have much to talk about, and I tend to be too loquacious generally. I only respond if I have something to contribute and I don't think anyone else has said the same thing or put the same spin on their reply. I will not comment just for the sake of commenting.