ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

weathertechs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 08:41 AM
sapd911
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default weathertechs

How do black weathertechs floor mats look on the brown carpet? I have a 16 ES350 Atomic Silver UL. I have the flaxen interior. Not sure if the black weathertechs will look decent.

Anyone have the weathertechs with the flaxen brown interior such as mine?

Old 11-20-15, 08:49 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts

i think black would look better than the other two colors that they are available in. from that photo, your carpet looks black anyway.
Old 11-20-15, 11:27 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

I was going to buy the Weathertech mats but then I saw the big "Weathertech" name molded into the mat. That did it for me. No Weathertechs of any color. I bought the Lexus black mats.
Old 11-20-15, 11:38 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 880 Likes on 663 Posts

Wait, you wouldn't want a watch with a big "Rolex" advertisement cluttering up the face right?
The following users liked this post:
PatrickAz (10-23-19)
Old 11-20-15, 12:44 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Thanks all, gonna go with weathertechs
Old 11-20-15, 01:47 PM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Only the Weathertech liners have the bold name showing. The liners are the ones which have the sides to give maximum carpet protection. The Weathertech mats have a very subtle marking you cant see unless you look for it and are similar to the Lexus rubber mats. I have the black Weathertech mats which looks nice with the black on the console and elsewhere.
Old 11-20-15, 02:09 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I went to the Weather Tech Factory Store with a friend today and he got the liners for his car. I don't have any WT's, but was surprised at how prominent the logo is on them. Great coverage, but I'd prefer something more low key similar to OEM mats. .
Old 11-21-15, 09:55 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

I don't even notice the logo on my Weathertechs. It just isn't something I focus on, any more than I notice the big L on the grill. It's just noise to me and I don't get hung up on it. Every manufacturer from Lexus to Timex puts their name on their products to advertise. These are just floor mats and not a fashion statement.

I haven't studied them that close, but I bet a straight edge screwdriver could pop them out if you were troubled by the logo. I sure like them for sloppy weather like we are having right now.
Old 11-22-15, 02:30 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I don't even notice the logo on my Weathertechs. It just isn't something I focus on, any more than I notice the big L on the grill. It's just noise to me and I don't get hung up on it. Every manufacturer from Lexus to Timex puts their name on their products to advertise. These are just floor mats and not a fashion statement.

I haven't studied them that close, but I bet a straight edge screwdriver could pop them out if you were troubled by the logo. I sure like them for sloppy weather like we are having right now.
It's a preference, not a requirement.
Old 11-22-15, 07:47 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelexus88
Only the Weathertech liners have the bold name showing. The liners are the ones which have the sides to give maximum carpet protection. The Weathertech mats have a very subtle marking you cant see unless you look for it and are similar to the Lexus rubber mats. I have the black Weathertech mats which looks nice with the black on the console and elsewhere.
i have the floor liners. the weathertech logo is just glued on, and peels right off. so thats what i did. they work extremely well to keep the carpets clean, and look pretty decent.
Old 11-22-15, 10:50 AM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

The WeatherTech digital liners hold a lot more water and protect the side wall areas a lot better than the Lexus OEM liners. That alone is worth overlooking the WeatherTech logo. I peeled the logo off on the WeatherTech liners in my truck and later glued it back on as it looks pretty cool.
Old 11-22-15, 11:34 AM
sapd911
Pole Position

I have the gray lexus liners from my 2013 ES, gonna try those and see what they look like.
Old 11-22-15, 11:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,970 Posts

Somebody on CL replaced the weather tech logo on their liners with a Lexus logo and it looked pretty sharp. I'll see if I can find them.

I've never had the Weathertech liners, but the Weathertech mats are significantly higher quality and hold more liquid than the Lexus mats. Lexus used to make better mats that were more similar to the Weathertech mats. Had them for my 03 ES and 04 LS. They created these new thin flat mats after the stuck throttle fiasco.
Old 10-17-19, 08:37 AM
19IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New member here and looking for "better" mats as well. Never seen these before and tbh they're too flashy.
Some flash is okay, about 80% less than what these have. Basically something more along the lines of what high end OE's would do.
With winter ahead I'm actually looking for something more messy weather worthy.

Suggestions?
________
Nov 5 ~ So I looked up a bunch of examples from different automakers and came back rather disappointed. most OEM options leave you hunting for something better from aftermarket companies.
my biggest surprise came with a pickup that gets floor mats that look like they were cut out from an Ikea area rug, check it out for yourselves... https://www.rivianownersforum.com/th...-illinois.177/, lol

Last edited by 19IS; 11-05-19 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-17-19, 11:13 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by 19IS
New member here and looking for "better" mats as well. Never seen these before and tbh they're too flashy.
Some flash is okay, about 80% less than what these have. Basically something more along the lines of what high end OE's would do.
With winter ahead I'm actually looking for something more messy weather worthy.

Suggestions?
A couple of years ago, Lexus redesigned their all weather liners. The current liners that Lexus sells afford good protection and they look better than the Weathertech all weather liners. The price for the Lexus liners is similar to that of the Weathertech liners.

Quick Reply: weathertechs