Install back up camera es350 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-15, 10:53 PM
Busyman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Install back up camera es350 2015

dear all
can any one help how I can install back up camera on the system of lexus es350 2015 is it possible or I have install it separately
Old 06-07-15, 07:18 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm not sure I understand your question - all 2015 ES350's have backup cameras but yes I believe aftermarket backup cameras are available.

Dave Mac
Old 06-07-15, 11:40 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

OP lives in United Arab Emirates, and I don't believe the ES 350 sold there comes with backup camera.
Old 06-07-15, 05:33 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Definitely possible, my car came with the base black and white display with no camera. The dealer installed an aftermarket nav unit with a reverse camera but it was a lot of work: they had to remove the rear seat cushions, center console box and the old display to route the wiring.
Old 06-07-15, 08:44 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

You are right - I didn't notice that.

Dave Mac
Old 06-08-15, 10:32 AM
Busyman
Driver School Candidate

ok can I know where I can do it in UAE does any one know or how the instruction to do it , and yes I bought basic option car so no back up camera it has and no navigation
Old 06-08-15, 11:12 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,242 Likes on 872 Posts

Since it is apparently a complicated installation, you should probably take it back to the dealer where you purchased it. Lexus mechanics would have access to installation information such as diagrams and step by step instructions written by Toyota engineers.
Old 06-08-15, 11:43 AM
Busyman
Driver School Candidate

i'll try with the dealer but I don't think so he will help me ..cuz I cant add the backup camera or nav with the dealer or giving me the instruction of installation cuz they are just selling not caring about customers
Old 06-08-15, 03:31 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a ES with no nav,
backup camera comes on whenever I put car in reverse. its stock in usa.

probably same camera as Toyota Avalon too.
Old 06-10-15, 11:47 AM
Riles
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
I have a ES with no nav,
backup camera comes on whenever I put car in reverse. its stock in usa.

probably same camera as Toyota Avalon too.
Per the earlier replies, he is not in the USA and his does not have a camera.

To the OP- I wouldn't recommend going to the dealer, they are usually useless in these types of situations. I had a similar issue with a Mazda I used to own- a factory camera existed, but I didn't have it. I bought a factory-look camera on ebay, and bought something like this: https://www.coastaletech.com/CAMERALOCKPICK.htm edit: looks like they only have them for 2009 and prior lexus models. Something still might exist, maybe just not at that vendor.

Looks like it could be about $300 for parts (camera + lock-pick), assuming the lock-pick works on non-nav cars. Unfortunately I haven't tried it on a Toyota/Lexus, so I can't say for sure that it would work but definitely worth an email to the vendors of the lockpick.

Looks like this might work for the camera: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-LEXUS-IS300-RS270-350-ES350-LS430-GS300-Car-CCD-Night-Vision-Backup-Camera-/191310229750?fits=Year%3A2014%7CMake%3ALexus&hash=item2c8afa70f6&vxp=mtr It just replaces one of the license plate lights and looks factory once installed. That's the same idea as what I used on my old Mazda.

As far as installation, I went the DIY route but if you have shops that install car stereos in the UAE, they could do it. It's just a matter of running wires back and forth through the car, pretty simple. If the lockpick method doesn't work, I personally would still buy the camera and buy a $30 lcd screen and find somewhere to hide it (perhaps behind the visor)- it's just too nice having a backup camera, and totally worth the effort.

Last edited by Riles; 06-10-15 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-15-15, 11:11 PM
Busyman
Driver School Candidate

Default Expert in lexus

Originally Posted by Riles
Per the earlier replies, he is not in the USA and his does not have a camera.

To the OP- I wouldn't recommend going to the dealer, they are usually useless in these types of situations. I had a similar issue with a Mazda I used to own- a factory camera existed, but I didn't have it. I bought a factory-look camera on ebay, and bought something like this: https://www.coastaletech.com/CAMERALOCKPICK.htm edit: looks like they only have them for 2009 and prior lexus models. Something still might exist, maybe just not at that vendor.

Looks like it could be about $300 for parts (camera + lock-pick), assuming the lock-pick works on non-nav cars. Unfortunately I haven't tried it on a Toyota/Lexus, so I can't say for sure that it would work but definitely worth an email to the vendors of the lockpick.

Looks like this might work for the camera: For Lexus IS300 RS270 350 ES350 LS430 GS300 Car CCD Night Vision Backup Camera | eBay It just replaces one of the license plate lights and looks factory once installed. That's the same idea as what I used on my old Mazda.

As far as installation, I went the DIY route but if you have shops that install car stereos in the UAE, they could do it. It's just a matter of running wires back and forth through the car, pretty simple. If the lockpick method doesn't work, I personally would still buy the camera and buy a $30 lcd screen and find somewhere to hide it (perhaps behind the visor)- it's just too nice having a backup camera, and totally worth the effort.

Am really thank you for ur replay But what I want is to fix the camers in side the system of lexus on the screen , usually some expert on that in others club will answer this one but here strange that no one can provide step by step pics as other club do , I thought will have the answer here and yes am in UAE not USA
Old 06-16-15, 06:55 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 617 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Busyman
Am really thank you for ur replay But what I want is to fix the camers in side the system of lexus on the screen , usually some expert on that in others club will answer this one but here strange that no one can provide step by step pics as other club do , I thought will have the answer here and yes am in UAE not USA
Well, I think it's only you and Chrome that didn't have the camera from the factory, on the forum. Probably the reason for not getting much help.
Old 06-16-15, 07:12 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

And another guy from Puerto Rico, I believe.

Cars that come with Display Audio (with the rotary controller) and Navigation (with Remote Touch) all have the reverse camera installed and wired up. Cars with Basic Audio (nasty black and white screen, no controller) don't have a reverse camera or any wiring for it, like my car.

You can buy aftermarket Windows CE-based audio/navigation systems that fit into the center console slot and hook up via CANBUS to the steering wheel buttons and climate control system. These also come with a reverse camera and the necessary wiring. Full instructions and tools should be included. You can get one on Ebay but you'll need a good car audio installer to hook it up, most likely your dealer won't touch it.
Old 06-16-15, 04:50 PM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You almost certainly do not need to buy a whole new console system. The existing system almost certainly has inputs to accept video from a rear-view camera. It is just a matter of finding out which leads from the camera go to which pins on the connectors in the back of the console. Unfortunately, I don't know that answer... I do know where you can find it.

https://techinfo.toyota.com is the site for all technical information concerning these cars. The TIS system can be accessed for a modest fee for a day or a few days. An annual subscription is prohibitive. All the documentation is in there, somewhere.

I would suggest planning a day or two, and downloading all the documents for your vehicle at once... Detailed instructions for installation of backup camera are in there, somewhere. Wiring diagrams are, too...