ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing For 2013 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-12, 01:13 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing For 2013 ES350

Hi board long time without a post. I figured this would be good for the whole ES community so lets start.

On other forums usually you have an insider that will "leak" actual pricing information. In my travels I have found out some general information. The break down is usually as stated below.

MSRP XX,XXX

Then public "Invoice" is roughly 7% less then MSRP

Then dealer "Cost" is roughly 7% less then public invoice

Like I stated this is my own theory which usually is in the general vicinity.

My question to the board is do we have an actual dealers cost sheet for the 2013 ES350?
That includes all factory installed options.

BASE ES350

From AOL Autos
MSRP - $ 36,100
Invoice $ 33,815
The above is a little over a 6% difference
Minus another say 6 % and we are at about $ 31,787 for a BASE ES350

The options are important. Because just like the "base" model price the options also have there own "dealer" cost compared to "retail" pricing. If someone can acquire that options pricing sheet I thing it will be a great way for the forums members to not only love there new car BUT get a great deal on it as well.

With all the above information then you can start with my base $31,787 number and pick and choose the options or packages that fit your needs and know an educated range of what the best possible price the dealer can offer you. Now remember there are variables to this price. Not so much in this case BUT the longer a car sits on the lot the more a dealer wants to recoup because the real estate the car ate up. Also supply and demand will not help but hurt you in the case of this car currently.

My main goal is to educate the customer. With a range your car actually cost a dealer and some aptitude to be stern you can acquire your new ES350 at a fair price. Remember the word FAIR because these dealerships are in business to make money. So 500-1000k over there actual cost price is very fair. We don't want our favorite service center to get 25 miles further when they go out of business.

Thank You for your time and hopefully I have helped!
Old 11-11-12, 10:24 PM
Osiris_x11
Driver

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Then dealer "Cost" is roughly 7% less then public invoice

Like I stated this is my own theory which usually is in the general vicinity...
Man, I'm not so sure about that. Tho' if-so, good to know!

Generally speaking, going beneath "invoice" is 2%-3% "holdback" cost for the dealer. And to dip beneath that you get into factory-dealer incentives and/or "marketing cash" of which aren't always applicable (unless the manufacturer has to move inventory).

It's not often a given what % is dealer cost on any particular vehicle, as a dealer in-essence can move it at a "loss" to net a better future pricing & allocation thus profiting even more. Also, the length of time any given vehicle is on the lot/showroom affects how much the dealer has into it.

Again- if that "dealer cost is roughly 7% less than public invoice" is true, nice. But I doubt it, unless there's factory/manufacture monies involved to allow the dealer to drop the price that much.

Just my 2-pence from afar...

Last edited by Osiris_x11; 11-11-12 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-12-12, 11:23 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

The key to my post is to find an insider willing to leak the information.

BMW for instance has an actual pricing sheet it releases each year. With an msrp, invoice, and dealer cost column. I'm sure each manufacturer is different BUT I know for a fact the public invoice price isn't the cost the dealer owns the car at. At least right when they get the car on the lot.

Lexus employees step on up and help the CL community. Don't worry we only make up >1% of the general Lexus buying public. We wont hurt your #'s.

Thanks in Advance