ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-13, 09:58 AM
tomlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ES 350

Hello Everyone:
I am fairly new to Club Lexus although I have been a Lexus owner since 1999. I picked up my 2013 ES 350 this past Friday afternoon here in Houston. This is my 4th Lexus since 1999. It is the same color as my previous Lexus.........Matador Red with Parchment Leather. It has perforated heated/cooled seats, Nav, Parking assist, 17" 10 spoke wheels, Leather and wood steering wheel, Power rear sunshade, High Intensity Discharge Headlamps, Blind spot monitor, Body side moldings, Luxury package, Rain Sensing wipers, trunk mat, wheel locks, Rear Bumper Applique. I love it....I am on cloud nine......
Old 03-10-13, 10:08 AM
tomlex
Driver School Candidate

Hey MCalpins: You do have leather seating. The leather seating is part of the Luxury package. The Nuluxe is the standard seating material.....but since you bought the Luxury package it overrides the standard material and give you the perforated heated and cooled leather seats.
Old 03-11-13, 07:46 AM
Baguioboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mcalpins
I am a new owner of a black ES350 2013. The interior is also black. I am trying to get a good answer about our seats. I have the window sticker and it states the NuLuxe seating. However, I have the Luxury Package which states I have perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated seats. Our salesman has told me the seats are leather on this car. I called the 800 number for Lexus customer service twice and they tell me the seats are leather. I do not see anywhere where it states I have leather seating.

Please help.
Hi there,
My telltale is : if the seats are perforated it is leather; if it is not, it is the NuLuxe fabric. I hope this helps you out. I own the ES300h Starfire Pearl which has the NuLuxe seats.
Old 03-16-13, 06:11 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts
Default Another New ES 350 Owner

Hi all! Just picked up my new 2013 Matador Red ES. It has pretty much everything, except the lane departure and pre collision options. I used this site as a research tool for my purchase, thank you all!

So far, I love it! This is my first Lexus, so my bar may be a little lower than some. I'll add some pictures once the weather gets a little better here in IL.
Old 03-16-13, 06:42 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Hi all! Just picked up my new 2013 Matador Red ES. It has pretty much everything, except the lane departure and pre collision options. I used this site as a research tool for my purchase, thank you all!

So far, I love it! This is my first Lexus, so my bar may be a little lower than some. I'll add some pictures once the weather gets a little better here in IL.
Hi Mike. Congrats on the new car and welcome to CL.

Are you in the Chicago area? I bought one Lexus in Orland Park and one in Naperville.
Old 03-16-13, 07:14 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Hi Mike. Congrats on the new car and welcome to CL.

Are you in the Chicago area?
Thanks, Bob. Yes, I'm located in the Chicago 'burbs.

Last edited by Mike728; 03-20-13 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-16-13, 07:57 AM
DASMan
Rookie

Hey all!

Picked up my 300h UL on Friday.

Deep Sea Mica exterior with Black Leather interior

Navigation
Mark Levinson Audio
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Lane Departure with Intelligent High Beams
Power Trunk Closer
Intuitive Parking Assist
Pre-collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruse Control
Rain-sensing Wipers with Deicer
Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
Accessory Package
Remote Starter
Glass Break Sensor
All Weather Mats
Old 03-16-13, 09:52 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DASMan
Hey all!

Picked up my 300h UL on Friday.

Deep Sea Mica exterior with Black Leather interior

Navigation
Mark Levinson Audio
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Lane Departure with Intelligent High Beams
Power Trunk Closer
Intuitive Parking Assist
Pre-collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruse Control
Rain-sensing Wipers with Deicer
Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
Accessory Package
Remote Starter
Glass Break Sensor
All Weather Mats
Congratulations!! and welcome to the club. Is this your first Lexus?

That's a pretty color from the pictures in the brochure. Post some pics when you get a chance and/or when the weather clears. I've got pics of my car on the 'Rohana wheels' thread if you want to see it.

BTW, I use to reside in CT many years ago near Mystic.
Old 03-16-13, 04:14 PM
Luv2run
Driver School Candidate

Default 2 in four months rx350! had stargazer black will pick up starfire.

Hi there! I have an amazing wonderful dealership. I purchased a 2013 rx 350 in stargazer black and black interior. I drove it for 4 months and put 1700 miles on it. Many tears later I am trading it in for a starfire pearl with black interior and picking it up Monday. My dealership gave me full purchase price and the same price on the new one!!! I could not handle the black paint. It snows alot here and I could not handle the scratches and swirls. I had to have the whole car buffed after three weeks from the carwash hand towel dry!!
I am excited to get the white and I am having opticoat applied the first week I have it.
Old 03-16-13, 06:21 PM
DASMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
Congratulations!! and welcome to the club. Is this your first Lexus?

That's a pretty color from the pictures in the brochure. Post some pics when you get a chance and/or when the weather clears. I've got pics of my car on the 'Rohana wheels' thread if you want to see it.

BTW, I use to reside in CT many years ago near Mystic.
Thanks Kenny.

The Deep Sea Mica in the sun is AWESOME! I dropped the car off at the detailer to get the windows tinted, PPF installed and a full detail to get it ready for the PPF.

I took these photos before I left it. I'll take more the first nice sunny day there is after I pick it up mid-week.

Old 03-16-13, 07:07 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DASMan
Thanks Kenny.

The Deep Sea Mica in the sun is AWESOME! I dropped the car off at the detailer to get the windows tinted, PPF installed and a full detail to get it ready for the PPF.

I took these photos before I left it. I'll take more the first nice sunny day there is after I pick it up mid-week.
Now that's one clean car. It's the first Deep Mica blue I've seen other than the brochure...looks very nice; thanks for the pics. Are you getting a full PPF or the 5-piece kit? Also, did your car come with the underbody coating?
Old 03-17-13, 02:20 AM
DASMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
Now that's one clean car. It's the first Deep Mica blue I've seen other than the brochure...looks very nice; thanks for the pics. Are you getting a full PPF or the 5-piece kit? Also, did your car come with the underbody coating?
Those Picts were taken just after picking it up from the dealer, but before detailing. Can't wait to see it next!

The PPF is not a full wrap. I'm getting front bumper, full hood, front fenders, rocker panels and door sills, door handle cups, the back of the side view mirrors, the headlights and fog lights. They are also wrapping the edges so that you won't see the lines on the panels where the film stops.

As for the undercoating, I don't know. I haven't seen the underside of the car on a lift and I don't recall seeing anything about undercoating on the sticker. I'll have to check.
Old 03-18-13, 01:10 PM
K7baixo
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gerry here from PHX. We picked up an ES about two weeks ago. It's the obsidian with the parchment interior.

Yeah: Black car + Phoenix = not the best idea I've ever had. I've had white cars for the last 25 years with the exception of a yellow Mini. Our cars are garaged both at home and at work so at the end of the day, it'll be fine.

The Lexus is our pleasure car. We also have a Honda Civic Hybrid which gets me into the HOV lanes on the way downtown. My wife recently started a new job at a location that's only 2 miles from my office so we'll commute together.

I haven't done any mods yet other than to purchase black floor mats. The parchment-colored mats are now safely stored away and the black mats really looks great.

My first long trip is scheduled for the end of April. I'm going to participate in the Texas Rando Stampede which is 1200-km (750 miles) in 90 hours or less cycling event. I'm excited for both the event and the drive over. I started my cycling obsession in the late 70's while stationed at Lackland and I'm anxious to see some friends that I haven't seen since the early 80's.
Old 03-18-13, 08:26 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by K7baixo
Gerry here from PHX. We picked up an ES about two weeks ago. It's the obsidian with the parchment interior.

I haven't done any mods yet other than to purchase black floor mats. The parchment-colored mats are now safely stored away and the black mats really looks great.
Congratulations on your new car.

I too bought black Lexus floor mats weeks before I took delivery of my car. I had the dealer swap them out before I drove off the lot. I think they enhance the parchment interior better than the tan floor mats.
Old 03-20-13, 01:58 PM
13ES
Driver School Candidate

Cool Newbie

Ok, I'm not an owner yet but should be one at the end of April (ES 300h UL, Nebula Gray Pearl/Parchment). I plunked my deposit down two weeks ago and then found this forum. I'm enjoying the comments on the various threads.

My story for getting an ES may be a little different from most. It began on Christmas eve, 2012, when I took possession of a brand new GS 350. The dealer even let me take it home with the big red bow to show to my family Christmas morning. On Jan. 6, while returning from dinner with my wife, a lady made an illegal left turn in front of me and my driver side front end plowed through the front of her car. I think this accident was roughly equivalent to the IHSS small overlap crash test. I remember her car appearing from behind the SUV that was turning left in front of me. The next thing I was aware of was that all the airbags had deployed and were now sagging limply all around us. The 2013 GS had been totaled! Neither of us were hurt in any way and the occupant cage was completely intact - way to go Lexus! It took almost two months to get my check from the insurance company and I turned right around and went back to the Lexus dealer. My dear wife had suggested we look at the ES because it came in a hybrid version. Initially, I was cool to the idea because I didn't want a FWD car but the mileage, small premium cost for the hybrid, and, frankly, the smart looking interior and tail lights (please no comments on my fetish for tail lights) turned me into a 300h fan. So, there you have it, an easy come easy go GS man has turned into an ES man. I hope I can keep the ES much longer than the GS!

Last edited by 13ES; 03-20-13 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!