ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Just asking...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-14, 12:48 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just asking...

After a collision with your Lexus...Has anyone taken the car insurance settlement and chosen to have the body repair work done at a Lexus dealership even though it was pricier?
If so, what was your experience?
Old 06-12-14, 03:17 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus dealerships don't do body work. They sub it out to an independent body shop.
Old 06-12-14, 05:28 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MDames2
Lexus dealerships don't do body work. They sub it out to an independent body shop.
Then how do you get Lexus OEM replacement parts?
Old 06-12-14, 06:25 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexi66
Then how do you get Lexus OEM replacement parts?
The independent shops can order them, along with any other brand(s) that they have to work on.
Old 06-13-14, 07:20 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had my 2007 ES350, I got into a front end collision. My own independent body shop repaired it and used genuine Lexus OEM parts. This is done routinely by body shops. Some insurance companies won't pay for OEM parts when they cover your repair. So you would have to pay extra for that. My insurance company does.
Old 06-13-14, 07:45 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I don't know where you get your Information from
But i had my Collision Repair and Mechanical Repair from my Last Accident at
the Local Lexus Dealership
the Body Shop is owned and run by Lexus Dealerships down here on property not subbed out.
in South Florida
Old 06-13-14, 07:51 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

When I had my 2007 ES350, I got into a front end collision. My own independent body shop repaired it and used genuine Lexus OEM parts. This is done routinely by body shops. Some insurance companies won't pay for OEM parts when they cover your repair. So you would have to pay extra for that. My insurance company does.
Since i had the right through my insurance company to have it repaired at any shop i want to it's your right in most states to have it done at any shop you choose
I went to my Dealership down here in Florida
JM Lexus
They won't use aftermarket parts unless it fits the car like an OEM part will
If the insurance company insists on aftermarket part's
they will put the parts on align them up best they can before painting when they don't align up perfect they all the insurance adjusters to come out show them the car can't be brought back to (Whole an insurance term) for before the lose then the insurance has to pay for OEM parts unless they want to continue to pay the dealership to try other brand aftermarket parts.

JM lexus got Geico to pay for all oem parts last year when i had my Accident.
Old 06-13-14, 12:52 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

WOW!!! Which insurance company is that?
Old 06-13-14, 04:33 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Lexi66
WOW!!! Which insurance company is that?
I have Geico
If your Collision repair shop fights for you they can get your insurance company to pay for the proper repair
it's your insurance company's job to bring your car back to whole they can give it back to you in the exact condition that your car was in at time of loose collision or damage or better then before but they can't give it back not whole or worst than it was
and worst than it was for me would be considered anything that didn't align up properly
I saw once they had the collision parts on
the passenger side fender the hood the bumper and passenger side headlamp and fog lamp where replace among other parts but
I remember the Grill that was OEM the original one that didn't have damage to it Did not align up with the aftermarket bumper properly and the Passenger side fender and hood that where aftermarket where the same proper size for each other but the hood aftermarket stuck out further over the driver side fender that was OEM and The original undamaged one.
the passenger side headlamp and the passenger side grill did not align up properly

they contacted the Insurance company put in a supplement request for the OEM parts gieco rep came out saw the issue ordered a few oem parts and a few aftermarket from another company the OEM fit perfect like they should and the Aftermarket same issue again from different company Then they where able to find a OEM used passenger fender and put a New OEM hood on and it was all OEM parts that where used .

the only reason the Collision shop used aftermarket Condenser and Radiator was because the OEM would only have a 12 month warranty but the Aftermarket brand they use gives a lifetime unlimited mile warranty.