ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Cerulean Blue Color please give feedback!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 07:15 AM
LEXICE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cerulean Blue Color please give feedback!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, I am need of some good feedback. I had a white 2005 GS300 then a white 2008 ES 350 both with parchment interior. I have now ordered the Cerulean blue with grey interior. Some say its a womans color, but I happend to thing its really nice. I will tint the windows and throw on some custom 20" chrome wheels. License plate will say SO ICY because its an ICE BLUE color. Give me some feed back. Just don't want to do white again, I like the cashmere but don't want parchment interior again, and will not do Silver or any dark colors. Thoughts on the cerulean blue......
Old 05-17-10, 07:21 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I saw this blue on the show room and trader my 18K miles 2008 in for it. Everyone who has seen the color think it is great. I got it with the light interior but I liked the combination. There are 3 colors that I don't like and won't buy. They are Silver , White and Black. By the way my 2008 was Ruby Red. Good luck and don't put on the 20" wheels on unless you are a pimp.
Old 05-17-10, 07:31 AM
LEXICE
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the infor Jagtoes.....I will stick with my decision to stay with the Cerulean Blue....As for the 20"s....all I can say is pimpin aint easy....lol.....Had 20's on all my cars and it really brings out the car. You can't get just any ol 20" inch rim...Needs to be tasteful and classy for this type of car....Not some disco spinner stuff thats goin around now...Thanks for the imput...Do you have any pics other that your profile of your car?
Old 05-17-10, 07:56 AM
zhivuyatut
Driver

I really love all the novelty colors Lexus offers on ES350. Cerulean Blue would be great and not "chick color" at all. I do not think that chrome would pair well with it. Blued steel (gunmetal?) would be my choice.
As to the vanity plate, that is way too "girly". You may want to get an ankle tattoo and another one on the lower back to go with that one.
Old 05-17-10, 08:40 AM
LEXICE
Driver School Candidate

LMAO!!! thans for the comment ZHIVUATUT...That was funny about the tattoo and tramp stamp...Still LMAO....I will post pictures when I am done with hit so you can see what it looks like...
Old 05-17-10, 06:18 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Cerulean Blue / Gray interior was being driven by an very nice looking older woman
(60ish). I think the a Cerulean Blue Ultra with Black leather would look outstanding, esp with the extended black glass sunroof.
Old 05-18-10, 07:22 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing that is going to look bad is the 20" chrome wheels. The ES is not a pimp mobile. It is going to ride like cr@p on 20's and it going to look absolutely ridiculous, not to mention the fact that chrome doesn't belong on wheels where brake dust will surely coat it and road salt will surely eat it.
Old 05-18-10, 09:06 PM
LexFather

I love the color as well.
Old 05-29-10, 07:03 AM
Bakerman
Driver School Candidate

Default Blue

I got a Cerulean Blue last week, with the light interior. I simply love the color, and I am not a girl.

They had one with the black interior, but I do not think it goes well with the blue.
Old 05-29-10, 08:55 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Got a pix today even though car is a little dirty. The color hide dirt well. I just turned 1000 miles yesterday. Bought the car in March. Also I just installed the wood dask upgrade kit and the kit is a great match.
Attached Thumbnails Cerulean Blue Color please give feedback!!-dsc01567.jpg   Cerulean Blue Color please give feedback!!-dsc01569.jpg  
Old 05-29-10, 01:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

The Cerulean Blue is nice. I don't see many of them around here so it's unique too.

The wood dash kit matches well and looks like a good fit. Not my cup of tea though. The important thing is you like it.
Old 06-02-10, 05:14 AM
LEXICE
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Got a pix today even though car is a little dirty. The color hide dirt well. I just turned 1000 miles yesterday. Bought the car in March. Also I just installed the wood dask upgrade kit and the kit is a great match.
I think the wood grain kit look AMAZING!!! I just had one ordered for mine too... My cerulean blue ES will be delivered in about a week or so. Everyone doubts the chrome wheels, but you will see that it will look smashing when I am finished....Thanks for the pics Jagtoes...
Old 06-02-10, 05:26 AM
LEXICE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Jagtoes,

I noticed a side molding on the doors. Did you have that put on aftermarket?
Old 06-02-10, 06:38 PM
jagtoes
Racer

I mounted the side molding and the dash kit. Molding is from Lexus and cost me $90 and took a 1/2 hr to install. The dash kit is from B&I and it cost $225. It takes about 1 hr to do the install. Both jobs are pretty simple.
Old 06-03-10, 09:00 PM
AlexusES50
Driver

The wood is awful, chrome is even worst, 20s are in but not chrome and that color is not icy at all, and vanity plates, well not cool either, I am guessing all the people in this conversation are either early 20s or late 50s and nothing in-between because your taste is bad. My 0.02 cents.

Quick Reply: Cerulean Blue Color please give feedback!!