ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My ES350 loaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-07, 02:36 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by toneman
Your explanation may be fine and dandy...but you (still) haven't really explained to us less-knowledgeable folks in layman's terms as to what exactly is a "roadblock"; the only thing I've been able to gather from your posts is that the "roadblock needs to cover the front, top, and sides of the mirror". So on behalf of others--and if not, then just myself--what is a "roadblock"...besides something that prevents cars from continuing down a road?
I'm curious too. Is it something like a clear bra type of product?
Old 03-31-07, 04:38 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I'm curious too. Is it something like a clear bra type of product?
You could be right about that...upon re-reading his post, it makes sense now...although FWIW--I have wind noise, but no "roadblock" on my side mirrors. In addition, in my case the wind noise is more towards the B-pillar; that, and the fact that the noise level increases if the mirror housing is pulled inwards (i.e., mirror parallel to the side window).
Old 04-04-07, 03:35 PM
lextech7
Driver School Candidate

Yes Im Sorry , Road Block Is A Generic Term For 3m Clear Bra. When You Pulled The Mirror All The Way In You Make It Muck Worse, Try To Only Move It About 1 1/2 Inch In Either Direction.
Old 04-04-07, 03:48 PM
lextech7
Driver School Candidate

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Roadblock may refer to:

A device to temporarily obstruct traffic
The word roadblock is commonly used to refer to any similar obstruction to progress in an activity or task. "Stumbling block" is a similar term, one that has biblical origins and refers to a concept in Jewish Law.
On the CBS reality television series The Amazing Race, a Roadblock is a task in which one person of a team is required to perform.
Roadblock is also the name of a character in the G.I. Joe comic books and cartoons.
Roadblock (Transformers) is the name of an Autobot character in the Transformers: Energon toy line.
Roadblock, a 1951 crime thriller film.
Roadblock is also a contestant on the TV show Robot Wars, who won the first series.
An Advertising roadblock, can refer to the strategy by which different television networks transmit their advertisement segments simultaneously, so that the viewers are disabled from skipping the ads by channel surfing.
WOW THATS ALOT OF EXPLINATIONS. NON OF THEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CHIP GUARD. LOL
Old 04-04-07, 04:51 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lextech7
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Roadblock may refer to:

A device to temporarily obstruct traffic
The word roadblock is commonly used to refer to any similar obstruction to progress in an activity or task. "Stumbling block" is a similar term, one that has biblical origins and refers to a concept in Jewish Law.
On the CBS reality television series The Amazing Race, a Roadblock is a task in which one person of a team is required to perform.
Roadblock is also the name of a character in the G.I. Joe comic books and cartoons.
Roadblock (Transformers) is the name of an Autobot character in the Transformers: Energon toy line.
Roadblock, a 1951 crime thriller film.
Roadblock is also a contestant on the TV show Robot Wars, who won the first series.
An Advertising roadblock, can refer to the strategy by which different television networks transmit their advertisement segments simultaneously, so that the viewers are disabled from skipping the ads by channel surfing.
WOW THATS ALOT OF EXPLINATIONS. NON OF THEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CHIP GUARD. LOL
So, I have the 3m clear bra on my two side mirrors. I don't have bad road noise, only when crosswinds are high. So, you are saying that the 3m helps decrease the wind noise?