ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexus corporate office snub?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-13, 03:55 PM
GeorgeSaad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus corporate office snub?

After test driving ( for 10 minutes or so) a beautiful 2002 ES300 with 145000 miles I decided to buy it and they agree on my offer of $6800 (as is) the car drove great, ran great and looked great inside and out...but after driving it for about 15 miles that night, the check engine light came on! next day I went to the dealer and they said some **** about using 2 tanks of high octane gas to burn off a maybe a stuck piece of carbon! anyway a few days later I checked at Auto zone and it was the P0430, so I wrote to Lexus an email explaining the situation and that I thought that the dealer knew about it yet they reset it and put it up for sale after not finding a the real problem I mean they didn't want to spend the time or the money into investigating the problem and that's what the manager have told me pretty much..here's a copy of Lexus's answer, please read and give me your input on my next move, thanks much!

Dear Mr. Saad,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

All Lexus dealers are independently owned and operated, and since Lexus is the manufacturer and distributor, Federal Trade Laws prohibit our direct involvement in the sales process. The sales negotiations are strictly between the customer and the Lexus dealership. Please discuss with the dealership if their is any remaining warranty on the vehicle you purchased. We encourage you to contact the Customer Relations Manager at Lexus of Dayton about your sales contract. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, or Saturday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Michelle Christensen
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Old 02-22-13, 04:05 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Honestly, not much you can do. You bought it as-is. Not really Lexus' problem. If it was a CPO then it's a different story, but it's not.

Best thing you can do is get it fixed (not at the stealership) and move on.
Old 02-22-13, 04:28 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Legally they are right on the money. Its sad to, but you bought as is. Sorry to say but its really up to you to fix it on your cost.
Old 02-22-13, 06:01 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

as-is where is, on top of it being a 11 year old, 145k mi car

What did you expect? It's a risk and you rolled the dice...

Run some injector/fuel system cleaner over a full tank and see how it goes.
Old 02-22-13, 07:26 PM
GeorgeSaad
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Its not a dice issue my friend, its an ethical stuff we're talking about here, millage don't mean **** right..the right to do was to send that car to an auction and they wouldn't get much for it that way, we all takes chances in life no doubt about it but I prefer to do things the right way the same way I run my business/life, I'm not worried about the light, its nothing..this car will be sold shortly after my car accident all settled and i will pick the car I wanted just didn't have time to search and went with what suppose to be reputation and honesty Bouhahahahahahahahah
Anyway, the ES300 is nice but boring, big, bulky and lacks soul the total opposite of my next car, I will come back and post.
Thanks guys
Old 02-22-13, 09:40 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

You bought an 11 year old car with 145k miles. You act as if you paid 40k grand for a new one. If you did maybe you would have something to complain about.
Old 02-22-13, 09:46 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeSaad
Its not a dice issue my friend, its an ethical stuff we're talking about here, millage don't mean **** right..the right to do was to send that car to an auction and they wouldn't get much for it that way, we all takes chances in life no doubt about it but I prefer to do things the right way the same way I run my business/life, I'm not worried about the light, its nothing..this car will be sold shortly after my car accident all settled and i will pick the car I wanted just didn't have time to search and went with what suppose to be reputation and honesty Bouhahahahahahahahah
Anyway, the ES300 is nice but boring, big, bulky and lacks soul the total opposite of my next car, I will come back and post.
Thanks guys
Old 02-22-13, 10:14 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

I'm sorry George, but you're not making much sense. What part of "AS IS" did you not understand? You signed the contract, so go ahead, fix the car and move on. You win some, you lose some.
Old 02-23-13, 04:26 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

they wont do nothing. its you and the dealer now. fight on!!
Old 02-24-13, 01:51 PM
Restored
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GeorgeSaad
Thanks guys
I don't understand the purpose of him posting here... Honestly, we don't care about your experience buying a lemon. The fact is that you were too dumb to get it inspected. No car company is going to back you because you didn't use common sense when you were buying an "as is" used car from a privately owned, franchised dealership.