ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Cylinder Head

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 12:07 AM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder Head

Does anybody have an extra set of heads for a 3vz-fe engine. I am looking to do port and polish on a set to put on my car. From what I have hear in the performance shops around here is that you can pull an extra 30-40bhp from the engine.
Old 03-06-12, 01:41 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

uhm, that is actually the least bang for the buck mod for power gain unless you have a big single turbo setup.
Old 03-06-12, 12:38 PM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

Well I am trying to keep the oem look as much as possible so that when the car get smogged I dont have to have to pay to get it passed. I am looking to make a extensive list of changed. I have heard for the 3vz-fe getting boosted to over 300bhp with the same pistions and crank assembly so I do know what your saying. Basicly im trying to make a super sleeper. I am looking to try to get up to 230 bhp without turbo or supercharging. I have been looking into a chemical spray most likely a meth/alcohol or water injection.
Old 03-06-12, 02:27 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

meth won't make power unless you go boost. its function is only to aid forced induction setups to run more efficient.
without any forced induction, head work won't do much without increasing compression...and that is some major engine work..and won't guarantee that you will pass smog either.
what you are trying to do is not that easy.
Old 03-06-12, 05:43 PM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

Well turning a ES300 into a super sleeper isnt really an easy project. I going to do all the work which will make it that much more sweet. I have seen the dyno sheets that says it will work with the stuff I want to do. If I do the meth injection a can advance the time further, with less worry of heat. I dont doubt what your saying all that stuff makes a super huge differance with turbo but if i put a turbo on this I would want to take the transmission out and do the super build up in the internals and drop a L.S.D. in it. Then it wouldnt be a Lexus it be a Honda...
Old 03-06-12, 07:18 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Sounds like you are way over your head with this stuff, but all the power to you. (no pun intended)
Old 03-06-12, 07:20 PM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html
This is the company I have been considering, the link has good info about the options they have for differant setups
Old 03-06-12, 07:28 PM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

Well the car has been a project car since I bought it. this is what I have done so far replaced all engine and transmission mounts. The car had leaks from everywhere when I bought it so I replaced all the engine seals, grommets, plugs, wires, distibutor, cap, rotor and tube seals. I put two new drive axles in it. Ceramic brakes front and back. New set of tires. Flushed the transmission and power steering. Replaced the power steering pump and rack. Replaced the power steering filter, and the rubber high pressure lines. Reconditioned the headlight lenses. I also dropped in a truestart toyota battery. Put Xenon 100w 9005 and 9006 bulbs in. Hollow high flow cat. All o2 sensor. I did the alignment. And last of all a brake fluid flush. The best part is the car just was smogged and passed like it was a cake walk.

Last edited by Mxkmster; 03-06-12 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 03:55 PM
Gerson
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mxkmster
Well turning a ES300 into a super sleeper isnt really an easy project. I going to do all the work which will make it that much more sweet. I have seen the dyno sheets that says it will work with the stuff I want to do. If I do the meth injection a can advance the time further, with less worry of heat. I dont doubt what your saying all that stuff makes a super huge differance with turbo but if i put a turbo on this I would want to take the transmission out and do the super build up in the internals and drop a L.S.D. in it. Then it wouldnt be a Lexus it be a Honda...
Drop in a L.S.D? is your car a manual tranny too or the ladder (autotragic)? since u did research on unlocking more potential for the 3VZ-FE engine it can be done but good luck trying to bypass the CA smog regulations cause I used to live down there and i was limited to doing extensive mods. I like to see some progress along with pics, good luck man...
Old 03-07-12, 10:46 PM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

Tragicly my car isnt manual its an auto. I wasnt able to find a manual when I bought mine otherwise it would have. As far as I know from what I am planning so far isnt going to make a differance with smogging the car. When it does in for smog check they dont look at the port runners. The meth injection is iffy but I plan on using the washer solvent tank so that I dont have to add another tank. Plus, it helps with the visual inspection. The tuner I plan to make it a plug and play harness so that I can disconnect it when I take it for smog. I like if anybody already has a set of heads send them my way otherwise the junk yard is my next stop this weekend. Once I start with the customer mods I will make pictures and post. But, as for now we all know what OEM looks like. If you have any ideas I would love to see and hear them.
Old 03-08-12, 10:17 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

anything that increases performance is going to affect emissions.
if you want performance, you gotta make sacrifices in other things.
I'm not sure you are heading in the right direction here...
Old 03-08-12, 04:08 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a better idea, SWAP A BLOODY 5-SPD INTO THE DAMN CAR! That will get you 15whp or ore right there!
Old 03-10-12, 10:34 PM
Mxkmster
Driver School Candidate

Well tomorrow is junk yard day hopefully Ill find something good.