ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Power Window/Fuse Question 94 ES300 (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-10, 10:53 AM
FixerUpper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window/Fuse Question 94 ES300 (Canada)

First off I'm very happy to have found this site! Spend a lot of time reading here.

I bought a 94 es300 w/195,00kms 4 months ago which I've been fixing.
All the windows worked when I bought it. The front passenger side never worked for me with the front passenger button (only w/the driver control button). Over the last 3 weeks or so the front passenger window slowly stopped working. 3 days ago it stopped going up (will go down) So I brought it in to a mechanic to fix. He removed the door panel and looked at the drivers side control and sent me to the autowreckers for a new control. At the wreckers I tried a control from a 99 camry and a 93 camry.(all he had)
Neither worked and when I plugged the old controler back in none of the windows worked. Now I can't seem to find the fuse for the power windows. Also, the power seats don't work now. I've looked at the manual and the power window fuse isn't where it says it should be. Mechanic spent 2.5 hrs trying to figure it out and I paid 150$ for a dumb look. No answers or leads and is closed until monday. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by FixerUpper; 06-27-10 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-27-10, 11:22 PM
FixerUpper
Driver School Candidate

Default Mild Stress

Damn, just went to fill up my car and realized that the gas door won't open either because of blown fuse maybe. Checked all fuses I could find and they were all good. Stil can't find the p/w fuse.
I have half a tank of gas and need to travel 175 miles to another town and return 175 miles tomorrow. Hopefully the Toyota dealer will have a mechanic who can help me. If anyone has any info or suggestions I will check back here before I drop off at mechanic. Thanks to anyone with ideas.
Old 06-27-10, 11:56 PM
iopknuckle
Driver School Candidate

go to the fuse box under your hood and open it up. on the lid its should have names for the fuses. i had problems with my power locks and it was connected to the fuse labeled "dome" you might want to check that one because that might be the problem.
Old 06-28-10, 07:50 AM
FixerUpper
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response. The dome fuse is good. Off to the mechanic will be there in 2 hrs. Any other ideas would help.
Old 07-02-10, 09:10 PM
FixerUpper
Driver School Candidate

Nice car but a hassle to get work done if you aren't near any sort of expert. I'm now $560 in and the front passenger still doesn't work. The seats work. Toyota mechanic broke or bent my gas door hookup so that's being help shut by electrical tape! the closest answer I have is to try a new p/w controller for the passenger side. Have ordered this afternoon. Takes a couple days to get where I live though.

I'm getting frustrated with the car and am debating selling to look for one a little newer and cleaner rather than sink too much into this one. Any suggestions are welcomed in regards to my p/w problem. thanks.
Old 06-30-11, 04:23 PM
brad1285
Driver School Candidate

I need help taking my door panel off in a 94 es300.. none of the tutorials I've found show this model..

1994 es300 155K
Old 06-30-11, 09:32 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm having the exact same problem right now

one day i was rolling down my windows after a long day of rain and the windows and power seats all went....

i was thinking the master window switch is dead....picking another one up from a friend's parts car and hope that will solve everything

let's keep this thread updated so we can figure out what's wrong
Old 07-02-11, 11:42 AM
donbryce
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brad1285
I need help taking my door panel off in a 94 es300.. none of the tutorials I've found show this model..

1994 es300 155K
This is for a '93 ES300, and I'm sure yours is the same (from memory, I had both of mine off 2 days ago):
- Pull off the escutcheon trim behind the door handle. It is held at the front top and bottom by the handle hinge pin. Pull out and toward the front to release a hook at the back. It's very tight.
- Pry off the plastic plug covering the phillips screw, located on the panel where it meets the end of the dash when closed, remove screw.
- On the rear of the door, where the latch is, there are two plastic two-piece pins. Pry the pin cap/stem out, then remove the hollow pin. Note which goes where, as they are 2 lengths (I think short at the top)
- Remove the felt lining from the recess in the armrest to reveal a phillips screw, remove screw.
- pull out at the bottom of the panel, then up the front side, to release the plastic pins from the door frame. IIRC, there are 4 across the bottom, 2 up the side.
- Push the now fully released panel upward to free it from the clips across the top. You might want to remove the triangular trim piece covering the little tweeter opposite the mirror. This has a easily broken plastic pin at the top, fitted to a rubber grommet. Pull the trim straight out and up.
- Invest in a set of plastic door panel/trim remover tools. Very handy, avoids breaking those fragile plastic pieces all over the car....
Old 07-02-11, 02:46 PM
brad1285
Driver School Candidate

Thanks donbryce, I knew it had to be a little different than all the other ones shown here. I tried twice but stopped when I felt I might snap something. I didn't know how to release the piece surrounding the door handle.. This is great, thanks again..

Brad
Old 01-09-12, 04:35 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Buy the way I just purchased a camry 1995 and the windows would not go up or down....The previous owner bought a $200 dollars switch assembly which did not fix the problem...I squeezed the rubber boot that protects the wires where the door hinges....and windows worked...the wire harness breaks where the door hinges to the body of the car...Easy fix as you remove the panel below the hood release and pull that wire harness out through the door and repair the broken wires with some soldering and proper insulation... Good luck... I suspect as these cars age this could be a common problem...
Old 01-09-12, 04:38 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

See this posting from Toyota nation, might be the same solution on the ES...I just bought a 1995 Camry and squeezed the rubber boot at the hinge point in the door and windows started working....
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...wont-work.html