CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Headlight adjustment help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-17, 03:44 AM
ams30gts
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight adjustment help please

I just installed some Opt7 FluxBeam X LED Headlights in my 2013 CT and the bulk of the brightness is way low. The cutoff hasn't changed, but the bulk of the bright light has changed dramatically. Everything about 15 ft from the front bumper is very well lit up, but after that it is very faint.

Is there any kind of adjustment other than pointing the entire headlight up? I don't want to put the cutoff any higher as it will blind oncoming drivers.

This pic is with the fog lights off. My cell camera was positioned right in front of my head, so this view is exactly what I see.

Old 01-30-17, 11:50 AM
nacke
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is an aiming screw on the headlight, but it might not fix your problem. Those led bulbs can have poor light pattern. Picture of the screw for vertical aim, when it turns clockwise (your philips screwdriver turns counter-clockwise..) aiming goes higher.

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/att...l-ct200h-1.jpg

I have OEM led lights, and factory setting was rather low. By turning that screw about 1/4 of a turn clockwise fixed the issue, and inclination is still~1 % downward.

Here's a video how it works, 2007 IS has similar headlight unit:
Old 02-02-17, 08:31 AM
Negative1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My factory LED headlights were very low, as well. It took more than 1/4 turn to get them to right level.

Just as nacke said, it may not fix your problem. If you can see that the cutoff is at a good height, there's not much more you can do without blinding oncoming traffic.

The pics I saw, of the bulbs, show just one LED, is that the case? It also appears to be circular so that you could possibly rotate the bulb in the housing, is that the case? (Those may be generic photos and not reflect what you have)
Old 02-02-17, 10:28 AM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the same issue with my Cree LEDs. They are very powerful for the first 50 feet but then cut off. It is really bad for highway driving when I can't use my highbeams. The fact that the halogen bulbs were aimed the same direction before and didn't have this issue shows that it is more an issue with the led bulbs. In the oem led headlights they engineered the lens and the entire housing to work better with the LEDs I believe. I also have LEDs in fog lights which help out with the main lights when they are on. I think that led bulbs just aren't quite there yet.
Old 02-11-17, 09:01 AM
nacke
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Negative1
My factory LED headlights were very low, as well. It took more than 1/4 turn to get them to right level.
I had to check adjustment again

About 3/4 turn from factory setting is still ok, one complete turn is too much.

I don't know if people have noticed, but when load is added to the car lights turn down

(sensor for automatic leveling is installed to rear suspension)
Old 02-11-17, 06:29 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Here are pics I just took earlier this am before sunrise if my CT200h AFTERMARKET LED LOW BEAMS AND FOG LIGHTS from the point of view at the driver seat looking out through the windshield as one would be looking while driving.

With BOTH AFTERMARKET low beam LED and fog light LED on in almost complete darkness.

Originally Posted by ams30gts
I just installed some Opt7 FluxBeam X LED Headlights in my 2013 CT and the bulk of the brightness is way low. The cutoff hasn't changed, but the bulk of the bright light has changed dramatically. Everything about 15 ft from the front bumper is very well lit up, but after that it is very faint.

Is there any kind of adjustment other than pointing the entire headlight up? I don't want to put the cutoff any higher as it will blind oncoming drivers.

This pic is with the fog lights off. My cell camera was positioned right in front of my head, so this view is exactly what I see.

Old 02-11-17, 06:33 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Here are pics I just took earlier this am before sunrise of my CT200h AFTERMARKET LED LOW BEAMS AND FOG LIGHTS from the point of view at the driver seat looking out through the windshield as one would be looking while driving.

With BOTH AFTERMARKET low beam LED and fog light LED on in almost complete darkness.

As you can see the latest generation of AFTERMARKET LED BULBS punches through very very far indeed.

I zoomed in on the pic where the speed limit 35 mph and further behind on the yellow diamond sign and BEYOND.......MY AFTERMARKET LED LOW BEAMS AND LED FOG LIGHTS STILL PUNCHED THROUGH (you can see ALL THE ROAD SIGNS AND GROUND REFLECTIVE MARKERS LIGHT UP). PLEASE see below:

As a comparison, I'll do a follow-up pic with my RX450h and LX 570 with OEM HID low beams when I have some time.

Originally Posted by ams30gts

Last edited by lexusrus; 02-11-17 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-01-22, 08:06 PM
Al0715
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All,

Just picked up a used 2013 CT with the F Sport package. LED's are low and don't have a good throw to them. Dealer says it's normal and on other forums it is stated that if you raise the level that the lights will go back down to original height with the vehicle's auto-leveling.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-22, 10:11 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Al0715
Hi All,

Just picked up a used 2013 CT with the F Sport package. LED's are low and don't have a good throw to them. Dealer says it's normal and on other forums it is stated that if you raise the level that the lights will go back down to original height with the vehicle's auto-leveling.

Any help would be appreciated.
Exact same thing my dealer told me. They are misinformed, to a degree.

There's an auto-leveling system that comes with the factory headlights. This system will adjust your headlight aiming if you are carrying a lot of cargo and the car points its nose up as a result. Changing this system's default values will reset each time you start the car. This is normal.

HOWEVER, your headlights can be aimed manually like any other car. The auto-leveling system would use this as a default. I have the factory LEDs as well and they are definitely too low for highway use. I adjusted them a little upwards, and after fine tuning with a few night time drives, they're perfect. Just get your philips screw driver and happy adjusting.
Old 06-03-22, 06:55 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
HOWEVER, your headlights can be aimed manually like any other car. The auto-leveling system would use this as a default. I have the factory LEDs as well and they are definitely too low for highway use. I adjusted them a little upwards, and after fine tuning with a few night time drives, they're perfect. Just get your philips screw driver and happy adjusting.
Ah perfect, thank you for validating/confirming what I told them to do on the other forum since I don't have the LED head lights on mine.
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (06-05-22)
Old 06-04-22, 08:48 PM
Al0715
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TobiasSing
Ah perfect, thank you for validating/confirming what I told them to do on the other forum since I don't have the LED head lights on mine.
@TobiasSing and @Raidin thanks for the help. I can see! Was a simple fix!

​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Al0715:
Raidin (06-05-22), TobiasSing (06-04-22)
Old 06-04-22, 08:49 PM
Al0715
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TobiasSing
@TobiasSing and @Raidin thanks for the help. I can see! Was a simple fix!

​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Al0715:
Raidin (02-08-23), TobiasSing (06-04-22)