CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Still on the fence

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-11, 05:15 PM
early74B
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what did you end up buying ???

Originally Posted by Ultrasonic
The dealer just called me on a red/ecru without navigation. I am still being patient--as best I can.

At $33,600, it's comparable in price to a loaded Prius. I think the CT is a good deal.
I'm new to this forum but am always interested in what other cars were being considered --- seems a lot cross shop this with both other hybrids and similar sized cars A3, BMW1, Volvo C30. In my own case I've owned several makes and models over the years and am considering a Lexus model for really the first time as this new CT200h is really somewhat unique to say the least. It's great to see a hybrid model being added not strictly as an economy model but a bit sporty (like the Honda CRX, alas only with 2-seats) but something that combines a bit more luxury and at a reasonble MSRP with the great hybrid tech that Toyota has should be a winner.

So as I see this post hasn't been updated in awhile what did Ultrasonic end up buying?
Old 08-31-11, 09:58 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer just called me on a red/ecru without navigation. I am still being patient--as best I can.

At $33,600, it's comparable in price to a loaded Prius. I think the CT is a good deal.
So, 4-5 months since your original post, did you finally located the one you're looking for??

My local dealer said they were 'looking', offered a couple vehicles that didn't match my specs, said they had some on 'allocation' coming in, said they checked with all the dealers within 1000 miles to find one close to my specs and failed.

So, I did as I always do, and started calling every Lexus dealer within 5 states. I'm up in the San Francisco Bay Area, but saw the LA dealers had a ton of stock, so called all over down there first, and San Diego, worked over to Las Vegas, checked a couple dealers in Arizona, found a good stash hiding around Reno, then happened upon a dealer in Santa Rosa 100 miles north of me with my exact preferred combo. Starfire Pearl, Caramel Nuluxe, pretty much every available option at that level.

It was too late to snag it that day, but they sent a driver down south 100 miles to pick me up, and I drove 'er home.

A little legwork will go a long, long ways. There are tons and tons of CT's out there now that we're rolling into September. A little legwork WILL find the vehicle you desire, NOW.

Old 08-31-11, 01:22 PM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 463 Likes on 291 Posts
Smile

Hey Ultrasonic,

Did you ever get a car ? I was just going to chime in about Prius and CT. I have both and like both. My wife has the Prius model V with the Advanced Technology Package and He cost was actually very close to the same as my CT with preium audio, Nuluxe and Nav.

Her Prius has more luggage space, gets better mileage, has some features more and some less ( she has leather, LED lights, pre-collision, radar driving, Lane keep assist, parallel parking (a fun gimics LOL). She has 17" tires on the Model V and it handles better than the lower models with smaller tires.

CT has sunroof, better audio (I know some think it is not great , but I am somewhat of an audiophile( we can have than discussion separately if you like) and think it sounds above average. Yes, I would have gotten the ML is available. Dual climate control and nice Lexus like interior, maybe not quite as good as higher ends Lexi, but still very good. The CT feels and handles sporty ( not as good as the M3 I had or the S2000 I still have).

One thing I have found, is the cargo space is a little less than what I was envisioning; I just have to plan a little better. I had quite a bit more space in my Honda Accord coupe. The rear seat head rest fold-down and the rear vision is awesome; rear vision in the Prius is bad! Prius has much more usable cargo space. However, the CT is perfect for me an my dog to go to my cabin in the woods.

Again I like both Prius and CT; both are excellent cars each with slightly different goals.

MidCow3

Last edited by midcow3; 08-31-11 at 01:26 PM.