CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 11:50 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
No it just seemed like a snide remark aimed at those who would appreciate a slightly higher rev limit. It's all good though, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Not at all. I would rather a slightly higher shift point. When you look at the videos of the ISFs running through the gears, the rpm in a few gears falls lower than peak power. Id rather stay in the peak power by raising the RPM a little BUT, I do not want to add any extra stress to the engine and tranny. I think the performance gains by raising the RPM limit are not worth the potential consequences, which is why I left my RPM stock. My comment was simply to make the reader chuckle a little.
Old 02-05-16, 12:24 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
Not at all. I would rather a slightly higher shift point. When you look at the videos of the ISFs running through the gears, the rpm in a few gears falls lower than peak power. Id rather stay in the peak power by raising the RPM a little BUT, I do not want to add any extra stress to the engine and tranny. I think the performance gains by raising the RPM limit are not worth the potential consequences, which is why I left my RPM stock. My comment was simply to make the reader chuckle a little.
I chuckled haha. Although 20k rpm u probably still need 2nd gear lol
Old 02-05-16, 01:43 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Revs in my F limited with my right hand & foot.
Old 02-05-16, 03:04 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tas02
Revs in my F limited with my right hand & foot.
Im sure you've never been to a race track shifting through an 8 gear tranny. Try doing that consistently driving 200miles throughout the day during a lapping session while you're chasing a lotus or better yet, have a Vette chasing up your behind. I can't count the times I've hit the rev limiter trying to concentrate on the road course.
Old 02-05-16, 03:07 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Im sure you've never been to a race track shifting through an 8 gear tranny. Try doing that consistently driving 200miles throughout the day during a lapping session while you're chasing a lotus or better yet, have a Vette chasing up your behind. I can't count the times I've hit the rev limiter trying to concentrate on the road course.
I completely agree. I never hear the shift tone or see the light hit red, but I definitely hear the brappappappa of the rev limiter and feel the loss of power when I get there.
Old 02-05-16, 03:19 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't think you have to worry about wear on the tranny . You need to get a shift light pointing at you from the pillar the extra 200 is definitely nice and might save you from changing to another gear on some of the back straights .
Old 02-05-16, 03:40 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Old 02-05-16, 03:53 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
I don't think you have to worry about wear on the tranny . You need to get a shift light pointing at you from the pillar the extra 200 is definitely nice and might save you from changing to another gear on some of the back straights .
I just figured a tiny loss in performance isn't worth replacing the engine. I've over heated my tranny once so that extra 400 or 600 RPM will not help keep temps down.
Old 02-05-16, 04:30 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

shipped my ecu yesterday can't wait to get it back and write a review
Old 02-05-16, 04:58 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I ordered mine with red line at 20,000 RPM. I'm hoping the increase will allow a quarter mile run in first gear.
Going for the F1 sound, eh?

-Mike

Old 02-05-16, 06:34 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Right now I'm in the camp of keeping the redline where it's at for my use. I like the extra protection at a track day. One thing i have learned endurance racing is that constant reving the **** out of a car is the best way to blow **** up. For our cars and most, during a lapping session extra rpms only get the oil temps up and cause additional wear. True, we don't have M3 engines with rod bearings made from recycled tampons but still, no need for me. BUT I can totally understand the desire for short duration activities such as drag racing or DD activities but for track days and auto x , nope.
Old 02-05-16, 06:57 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Man I cant stop driving this damn car!!! It rips and pulls harder and harder every time. I have 250 miles on it so far no issues drives like a lexus should
Old 02-05-16, 07:07 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nickj718
Man I cant stop driving this damn car!!! It rips and pulls harder and harder every time. I have 250 miles on it so far no issues drives like a lexus should
Man! I've been trying to hold out till I get a baseline dyno but posts like this test my patience. What should I do, dyno or get the tune now?
Old 02-05-16, 07:13 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Screw the dyno get the damn tune!! Its amazing
Old 02-05-16, 07:20 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nickj718
Screw the dyno get the damn tune!! Its amazing
Is the butt dyno that noticeable? What other mods you got?

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!