CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-16, 04:53 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a call this afternoon from RRRacing (shipped out my edu yesterday) and Simon asked if i wanted the higher rev limiter but instead of shipping it out today they would have to ship it tomorrow to finish up with the limiter. It shouldn't be a difficult decision but i want to test this new edu out so bad it was lol. After reading your description I'm dreading waiting an extra day. Im debating putting my summer tires on tomorrow and gambling it doesn't snow again this winter!
Old 02-03-16, 04:54 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Really stoked by the early reviews. Just sent my ecu off yesterday, was delayed for having a 2011 diff installed in my 2008. Hope we get some dry weather to assist with the post-tune "learning" process lol.

Simon, just sent a PM to you re: 7200 rpm rev limit.
Old 02-03-16, 05:46 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS

Midrange torque is increased tremendously, top end feels AWESOME. The car just rips through each gear so much faster. I don't know if it's my imagination but he car sounds different, like more "mechanical", as it moves through the powerband so much quicker. Hard to describe.
I felt that same "mechanical" feeling when I had my 350 differential in the car. i know exactly what you're talking about.
Old 02-03-16, 08:21 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Is this tune reversible? Will it pass smog granted the cats are in place when plugging in the reader? Lastly, if the consumer buys the tune for catless version and adds a cat in the future will the tune need to be modified to account for the cats being in place?

Sorry to ask questions, but I am really interested in this tune, just deciding on which version to buy as I am unsure if I will stay catless or catted..
Old 02-03-16, 08:40 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to try out the tune. It's ordered just have to get my ECU sent in. If I remember correctly, posts from the SARD tune indicated hp and torque dropped dramatically after revving past 6800. Are there any 7200 and 7400 dyno runs of RR Racing's tune? Also I am real curious what the numbers will look like with PPE headers. I remember people posting that they thought the PPE headers made their cars run rich while folks with Sikky's thought they ran lean.
Old 02-03-16, 08:45 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

I called RR Racing about my exhaust set up. PPE, Borla, test pipes or high flow cats. My question being, do I have to send my ECU in if I want to pull of my cats off and run with my test pipes. They indicated that the ECU will adjust to the change therefore there was no need for a reflash.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Old 02-03-16, 08:48 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
Can't wait to try out the tune. It's ordered just have to get my ECU sent in. If I remember correctly, posts from the SARD tune indicated hp and torque dropped dramatically after revving past 6800. Are there any 7200 and 7400 dyno runs of RR Racing's tune? Also I am real curious what the numbers will look like with PPE headers. I remember people posting that they thought the PPE headers made their cars run rich while folks with Sikky's thought they ran lean.
you aren't going to see any power gains but you will get a late shift point if needed.
Old 02-03-16, 09:01 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Drok149
I got a call this afternoon from RRRacing (shipped out my edu yesterday) and Simon asked if i wanted the higher rev limiter but instead of shipping it out today they would have to ship it tomorrow to finish up with the limiter. It shouldn't be a difficult decision but i want to test this new edu out so bad it was lol. After reading your description I'm dreading waiting an extra day. Im debating putting my summer tires on tomorrow and gambling it doesn't snow again this winter!
Might get snow Friday....
Old 02-03-16, 09:39 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

I called RR Racing about my exhaust set up. PPE, Borla, test pipes or high flow cats. My question being, do I have to send my ECU in if I want to pull of my cats off and run with my test pipes. They indicated that the ECU will adjust to the change therefore there was no need for a reflash.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Right but your starting with the tune for cats and removing them? not sure if so, but im pretty sure its more dangerous to start with a catless tune and add cats on that same tune opposed to running a catted tune and removed the cats.

Not sure how this tune works so I dont know, but just curious still deciding if staying catless is better off for me I hate cali.
Old 02-03-16, 09:48 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

I was under the impression from rr racing that the tune can adjust to the conditions of running with or without hi flow cats. It comes without saying you would need to reset the ECU. If you notice when you provide the vehicle specific info it never asks whether or not hi flow cats are installed.
Old 02-03-16, 10:23 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

When I talked to Simon he said that the tune is the same with an aftermarket exhaust whether or not you have gutted primaries or intact primaries the ECU will adjust either way. So I'm taking away from what he said is that the tune/tables/parameters can adjust to a point where it might not be necessary to send back for a re-flash for something like adding hi flow cats or gutting primaries.
Old 02-03-16, 10:28 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Agreed with the above, now that there is an option of a 7200 or 7400 limited/redline would be nice to see some dyno runs with the new limiter in place to see what the power curve looks like with a stock car/exhaust car & finally a I/H/E car ideally anyway
Old 02-03-16, 11:08 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Just be careful with raising the rev limit to 7400... at 600 more rpm,8000, Novel punched a hole in their ISFs block. I saw the engine first hand. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone....
Old 02-03-16, 11:16 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Just installed my ECU in. RR racing wasn't kidding about 1 day turnaround, ECU received on Saturday and it was shipped out on Monday. First impressions: Definitely follow Rafi's suggestion on doing some 4th gear pulls, I'm fortunate enough to have a pretty nice deserted section of PCH near me. I did a bunch of 3rd, 4th and even some 5th gear pulls, don't ask me how fast I got up to. After loading up the car and giving it some nice pulls, the car gradually felt stronger and stronger..then MUCH STRONGER . After about an hour of driving like a hooligan, I stopped by the house to grab a bite to eat. Car rested for maybe half an hour. After getting back into the car, I took it to an on ramp by the house, floored it and WOooowW! Lay waste to my Michelin PSS 275 rears through 1st and half way through 2nd. Never had traction issues after upgrading to these tires before on this same section of road I take almost everyday. Midrange torque is increased tremendously, top end feels AWESOME. The car just rips through each gear so much faster. I don't know if it's my imagination but the car sounds different, like more "mechanical", as it moves through the powerband so much quicker. Hard to describe. The power and response I would describe as more urgent and eager, like you give it throttle at a certain RPM range and it just wants to rip through the gear. I was chugging along at 2000 rpms in 3rd gear, mash the pedal and it just takes the "F" off! I'm officially hooked, I've been driving the car for 3 hours now all around my city and highway, the increased power is fantastic. Now that Rafi just announced the higher rev limit, I really do feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. way up for Rafi and this great tune. Edit: The difference my butt dyno feels now is more pronounced than after installing my Borla, which gained 28whp. So I'm excited to see what the gains would be after I head back to the dyno.
Damn awesome now I need to order lol
Old 02-03-16, 11:28 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Damn awesome now I need to order lol
lots of great reviews so far and lots of excitement from the F community , i can't wait to get mine done

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!