CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-16, 02:26 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Wednesday Update:

We got the rev limiter working! As I mentioend earlier, anyone who already received our tune will get a free upgrade.

Video below is about 7400, but we recommend 7200 max. Either way... rev at you own risk

And now for the video proof:

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-03-16, 02:36 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi RR-Racing,
Since there is no selection for aftermarket exhaust, I'm assuming the tune takes into account all cars have aftermarket exhaust? Also, the clickable question mark next to the intake tube states to select it if you have a stock intake tube, but under the ordering procedure it says to select it if you have an aftermarket intake tube. Please help to clarify, thanks.
Old 02-03-16, 02:41 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Mine is sitting at home waiting for me to get off work to install it.

On an unrelated note, I just saw RR-Racing post on facebook that a rev limiter of 7200 or 7400 is now an option with the tune. That option is already listed on their ordering page on their website too.

I guess I will wait a few months for any added features and kinks to get ironed out and then send mine in again..

Absolutely... that's why we are offering free essential upgrades. So everyone who already has our tune and want a rev limit increase will get a free upgrade because the rev limit was not available at the time you ordered.

Development never stops. The only upgrades we will charge for are software upgrades that combine with our upcoming hardware upgrades.

Rafi

Old 02-03-16, 02:46 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by airvtec
Hi RR-Racing,
Since there is no selection for aftermarket exhaust, I'm assuming the tune takes into account all cars have aftermarket exhaust? Also, the clickable question mark next to the intake tube states to select it if you have a stock intake tube, but under the ordering procedure it says to select it if you have an aftermarket intake tube. Please help to clarify, thanks.

Most aftermarket exhaust perform essentially the same.

We do not recommend any intake that removes the stock airbox. We have seen these types of intakes affect the tune in ways that we cannot always predict. Stock airbox is best, you can upgrade the 90 degree intake tube, any brand works.

We have also tuned a local customer with a bone stock ISF. I know that he is absolutely enamored with the car now (he was thinking of selling it)... and this guy knows his stuff, the ISF is just a daily driver, he has several 800+hp cars in his garage. Just gotta get him off GTRlife so that he posts here

Rafi

Old 02-03-16, 03:24 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Cool, so i havent send in my ecu yet just to waiting for redline to 7200 max so rafi i'll send it in soon thanks sir
Old 02-03-16, 03:44 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Just got back from a test drive after installing the ecu. Normal driving is not affected (good) and you can definitely feel more power in sport mode. I really couldn't even mash the throttle because my winter tires were braking loose too easily. It's definitely faster for sure.
Old 02-03-16, 03:49 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Absolutely... that's why we are offering free essential upgrades. So everyone who already has our tune and want a rev limit increase will get a free upgrade because the rev limit was not available at the time you ordered.

Development never stops. The only upgrades we will charge for are software upgrades that combine with our upcoming hardware upgrades.

Rafi
Thanks Rafi. I'm not in any rush to have the redline moved and I will probably wait a while to see what the feedback is from the guys who dyno tested before and after and of course general driving impressions, but it's definitely nice to have the option to add that at no cost. Great job on the turnaround time too. I'm impressed.
Old 02-03-16, 03:51 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Just got back from a test drive after installing the ecu. Normal driving is not affected (good) and you can definitely feel more power in sport mode. I really couldn't even mash the throttle because my winter tires were braking loose too easily. It's definitely faster for sure.
i dont think you've driven enough for maximum change. which is good.
Old 02-03-16, 03:52 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Very nice idoke, my ECU is currently out for delivery and I'm super excited.

Any driveability issues? Any weird idle, shifting ect? All seem good?
No issues. Everything runs and drives excellent. The power band from mid to top feels so much better.
Old 02-03-16, 03:52 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Wednesday Update:

We got the rev limiter working! As I mentioend earlier, anyone who already received our tune will get a free upgrade.

Video below is about 7400, but we recommend 7200 max. Either way... rev at you own risk

And now for the video proof:

New rev limit increase options with our ISF tune... You pick 7200 or 7400 - YouTube

Rafi
Rafi,

The above highlighted quote from you........Is there any risk to the motor or benefit for that matter to raising the redline on the 2UR-GSE for the ISF to 7200, let alone 7400

Didn't know if you were implying that it's up to us but not beneficial for power or longevity???

Thx
Old 02-03-16, 03:53 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

It should gain... but I would do a baseline dyno, then add the race gas, and do like 12-15 4th gear pulls to get the ECU to learn for higher ignition advance.

Rafi

AWESOME! Will probably try some later this month
Old 02-03-16, 03:54 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i dont think you've driven enough for maximum change. which is good.
Most definitely have not, but the butt dyno noticed it just as much as when I added headers.
Old 02-03-16, 04:06 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Most aftermarket exhaust perform essentially the same.

We do not recommend any intake that removes the stock airbox. We have seen these types of intakes affect the tune in ways that we cannot always predict. Stock airbox is best, you can upgrade the 90 degree intake tube, any brand works.

We have also tuned a local customer with a bone stock ISF. I know that he is absolutely enamored with the car now (he was thinking of selling it)... and this guy knows his stuff, the ISF is just a daily driver, he has several 800+hp cars in his garage. Just gotta get him off GTRlife so that he posts here

Rafi
Will you be posting the results/gains from the bone stock tune? I'm thinking of converting my car back to stock and I'm curious as to the gains of a tune.
Old 02-03-16, 04:18 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Just installed my ECU in.

RR racing wasn't kidding about 1 day turnaround, ECU received on Saturday and it was shipped out on Monday.

First impressions:
Definitely follow Rafi's suggestion on doing some 4th gear pulls, I'm fortunate enough to have a pretty nice deserted section of PCH near me. I did a bunch of 3rd, 4th and even some 5th gear pulls, don't ask me how fast I got up to.

After loading up the car and giving it some nice pulls, the car gradually felt stronger and stronger..then MUCH STRONGER . After about an hour of driving like a hooligan, I stopped by the house to grab a bite to eat. Car rested for maybe half an hour.

After getting back into the car, I took it to an on ramp by the house, floored it and WOooowW! Lay waste to my Michelin PSS 275 rears through 1st and half way through 2nd. Never had traction issues after upgrading to these tires before on this same section of road I take almost everyday.

Midrange torque is increased tremendously, top end feels AWESOME. The car just rips through each gear so much faster. I don't know if it's my imagination but the car sounds different, like more "mechanical", as it moves through the powerband so much quicker. Hard to describe.

The power and response I would describe as more urgent and eager, like you give it throttle at a certain RPM range and it just wants to rip through the gear. I was chugging along at 2000 rpms in 3rd gear, mash the pedal and it just takes the "F" off!

I'm officially hooked, I've been driving the car for 3 hours now all around my city and highway, the increased power is fantastic. Now that Rafi just announced the higher rev limit, I really do feel like a little kid on Christmas morning.

way up for Rafi and this great tune.

Edit: The difference my butt dyno feels now is more pronounced than after installing my Borla, which gained 28whp. So I'm excited to see what the gains would be after I head back to the dyno.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 02-03-16 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 04:32 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Thx^^^^your description got my heart rate up a bit thinking about flying through the gears when I get the tune!

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!