CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-16, 12:16 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Anyone know any dyno place in orange county open saturday or sunday ? I can dyno my car before and after tuned in 6th gears to be sure videos and lots of pictures will be up .
I don't know about OC but there is a shop I use in Chatsworth called Specialty Z. They specialize in Z's and GTRs but I got my baseline done there, and my exhaust dyno there also. All done in 6th gear. $100 for 3 pulls with printout.

348WHP all stock, 377WHP after Borla....you bet I'm going back after the tune.

I'd be a very happy camper if I break 400whp with stock headers and main cats in place.

We should do a tuned ISF dyno day. lol.
Old 01-24-16, 12:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Lou, I think you misread with Rafi posted. He didn't say 400WHP cannot be reach with I/H/E.

He said ,"based on our testing, and on the Dynojet we use"

With Rafi's method of testing (4th gear, hood closed ect, plus the Fabspeed dyno) he would not see 400WHP without a tune. He never said it was impossible on another higher reading dyno..
And maybe you missed what I was trying to say, maybe I articulated it wrong but I said:

Originally Posted by flowrider
As Mr. Z stated, many of us have used the Dyno as a tool to see if we can garner some HP from a few bolt-ons. The standard has become the Dynojet Dynamometer. And it has been standard practice to use 6th gear, because it is the direct 1 to 1 ratio through the transmission. Whether this is right or wrong is not in question because it has become the standard on this forum. IMHO, it is the correct standard, but again that really doesn't matter.
So, I guess I mean that the standard that has been set on this forum for all these years to measure WHP is the standard that should be used for all modifications done to the ISF. That is the speak we have been using for a very long time now and one we all understand. Varying from that is confusing (at least to me) and does not measure results against the baseline we have come to rely on.

Case in Point - The post just above this.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-24-16 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-24-16, 12:43 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm calling stillen perfomance tomorrow and set up appointment
Old 01-24-16, 01:15 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Dyno number comparisons accross different dynos are meaningless. There is no standard way to do it and each dyno can be calibrated completely different.

The only thing that matters is how the car performs on that specific dyno before and after the upgrade. As long you use the same procedure (4th gear or 6th gear) on both runs the numbers are relatable (but only on that specific dyno).

Now if all dynos were calibrated exactly the same, all throughout the world - we should all use the same procedure and we can compare numbers.

I think when the tune is released, we will see higher than 400whp as different dyno results come in.. So far, RR has only advertised what power was put down on that specific dyno.
Old 01-24-16, 01:34 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also curious to see why lobuxracer hasn't chimed in, I'm very curious to see his opinion on all this. If anybody has more knowledge on this subject, it would be him.
His in disbelief that the uncrackable ECU was cracked lol
Old 01-24-16, 01:57 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you Messers. Joe Z & Flowrider for your inputs (btw Lou, I have EXACTLY the same mods as you, except for Joe's intake). I too await Mr. LBR's weigh in, he's generally more prompt with his opinions.

Dennis
Old 01-24-16, 01:57 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vervish
Dyno number comparisons accross different dynos are meaningless. There is no standard way to do it and each dyno can be calibrated completely different.

The only thing that matters is how the car performs on that specific dyno before and after the upgrade. As long you use the same procedure (4th gear or 6th gear) on both runs the numbers are relatable (but only on that specific dyno).

Now if all dynos were calibrated exactly the same, all throughout the world - we should all use the same procedure and we can compare numbers.

I think when the tune is released, we will see higher than 400whp as different dyno results come in.. So far, RR has only advertised what power was put down on that specific dyno.
Exactly.

People are too concentrated on the final peak numbers of one certain dyno when they should really just pay attention to the gains. It's all relative to what dyno you baselined on first and it seems just too hard for people to comprehend that.

I've been dynoing cars since 1998 when I was daily driving a 450whp GSR, I've been to countless different dyno days and can attest to how different one reads compared to another. Heck even on the same dyno from daily changes in time, weather, humidity ect. At least with the Fabspeed dyno it's climate controlled so at least that's one variable that has less of an impact on the results.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 01-24-16 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-24-16, 02:21 PM
08wis250
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like how everyone ignores the question when ppl ask about the tune on a stock car lol must be minimal gains to not bring it up
Old 01-24-16, 02:28 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flowrider
And maybe you missed what I was trying to say, maybe I articulated it wrong but I said:

So, I guess I mean that the standard that has been set on this forum for all these years to measure WHP is the standard that should be used for all modifications done to the ISF. That is the speak we have been using for a very long time now and one we all understand. Varying from that is confusing (at least to me) and does not measure results against the baseline we have come to rely on.

Case in Point - The post just above this.

Lou
Lou,

I was just responding to the part of your post where you claim Rafi said 400whp cannot be reached with I/H/E.

Also does it really matter if they didn't follow the "standard" in dynoing the car in 6th 1:1 gear? Also Rafi already explained they dyno'd 4th in rapid successions without long cool down periods, sometimes with the hood closed jacking up IAT's to better simulate real conditions and expose any flaws in the tune. I also noticed that in 6th, the car hits the speed limiter before the rev limiter so you will get an incomplete dyno run shy of a few hundred RPMs.

Gains are gains, hypothetically what if he dyno'd in 6th and baselined higher, then again after the tune. Gains will still be 40whp and the higher number would be for just bragging rights.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 01-24-16 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-24-16, 02:33 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by 08wis250
i like how everyone ignores the question when ppl ask about the tune on a stock car lol must be minimal gains to not bring it up
I don't think Rafi has tuned a stock car yet, I would expect about the same outcome 25-35 hp/tq
Old 01-24-16, 02:43 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 93MSB
I don't think Rafi has tuned a stock car yet, I would expect about the same outcome 25-35 hp/tq
Well from the other thread, Vivid claims to pull 30whp from a stock car with no other mods and this was Rafi's response,

"Firsts off, we have been tuning now for for thousands of miles and months... amazing that they did this so fast, after asking for a demo car just a week ago

Second... NO WAY just a tune is going to make 30whp... NO WAY."

There you have it, looks like tune on only a stock car will probably yield a lot less. Unless things have changed somehow.
Old 01-24-16, 02:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I'm also curious to see why lobuxracer hasn't chimed in, I'm very curious to see his opinion on all this. If anybody has more knowledge on this subject, it would be him.
Originally Posted by juanmedina

His in disbelief that the uncrackable ECU was cracked lol
He already posted several times in the precursor thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9317725
Old 01-24-16, 03:21 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If dyno numbers are what you guys are after then my car is the baseline to go by. I have 15-20 dyno sheets from the same dyno jet dyno. I started with a stock baseline and tested every mod and tuning change with the same wheels/ tires on the car.
I'm sure tons of dyno numbers will be posted by the time my car comes out in the spring but I'll be sure to get it on the dyno as soon as I get enough mileage on it.
Old 01-24-16, 03:41 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RCB
If dyno numbers are what you guys are after then my car is the baseline to go by. I have 15-20 dyno sheets from the same dyno jet dyno. I started with a stock baseline and tested every mod and tuning change with the same wheels/ tires on the car.
I'm sure tons of dyno numbers will be posted by the time my car comes out in the spring but I'll be sure to get it on the dyno as soon as I get enough mileage on it.
RCB, what was your baseline stock on the Fabspeed dyno? Also what gear did you do the pulls in?
Old 01-24-16, 03:45 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Anyone know any dyno place in orange county open saturday or sunday ? I can dyno my car before and after tuned in 6th gears to be sure videos and lots of pictures will be up .
European auto source has a dyno jet and they in Anaheim. I called them up last week. I was thinking about doing a baseline pull Monday or Tuesday. Maybe we can do it together and compare numbers haha

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!