CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

I got a 4 violation ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 07:04 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lfrers
Yes because exhaust was brought up.

I should say this was intended for those officers who have not been at it long enough to understand the following. You need to learn to understand the intent of the laws you are enforcing. I get pissed at the guys are too hard headed to understand that. It's usually not the senior guys its the damn new guys who are overzealous. ie the exhaust and intake and all that other crap were intended to crack down on the asssshole ricers. Who endanger everyone and sometimes kill people.

The idiots that race every car under the sun in the middle of a road or highway with other people who can get hurt. Use those laws on them when you see them endangering others.

WTF is up with the cops who ticket responsible tuners when they are just hanging out at a meet. It's a hobby for some of us.

The excuses? For the most part emissions is total bull shhhit. Making an engine breath better by adding a filter or better flowing exhaust, oh now thats a crime worth enforcing. Too loud F that! Then a friggen Harley pulls up and blows your eardrums out. You need to be able to interpret the intent of the laws as they are passed. Not everything is black & white. New guys and even some guys who have been at it a while don't get it. Just ruin it for everyone. People are afraid to go to meets like they are committing a freaken crime. Give me a break.

Do you see where im coming from? Just a bit of a vent man. Would never throw a fellow officer under the bus. I've been at it over 10 years, I've done and seen a lot. Almost got myself killed a few times enforcing the law.

Dont take part in making the public hate us. Enforce the laws. But dont be a diickk about it.
I'll call Shenanigans on BOTH your post! What you have doe here is reprehensible for any LEO! As stated you have thrown a fellow "brother" under the bus because you sided with someone who refers to the said brother as a "d" bag and other vulgarities. IF you are, or WERE EVER an actual LEO you would know this is NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR! What he did was wrong, and now he has to take his medicine...
Too the OP remember the pen is mightier than the sword, and when ever you open your rather large mouth, you have to be ready to place your foot in it. Yes Sir, No Sir, And I am sorry officer, ALL go a VERY long way when pulled over. Trust me when I tell you this he (the officer) would MUCH rather be doing other things than pulling you over on the side of a extremely busy highway like the 101! This action is ONLY done when something blatantly obvious and dangerous has taken place in which you were jeopardizing the public safety!
Old 04-03-11, 05:00 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
Yes Sir, No Sir, And I am sorry officer, ALL go a VERY long way when pulled over. Trust me when I tell you this he (the officer) would MUCH rather be doing other things than pulling you over on the side of a extremely busy highway like the 101!
So you basically you need to have your ego stroked by yes sir and no sir kiss smooch kiss your aasss to give someone a break? He was the FTO or journeyman with 2 trainees with him. Pulling people over and citing is what he was there for. Stop defending him. There is nothing wrong with making vehicle stop and citing speeders. But don’t defend him if he was showing off in front of the trainees, demonstrating his officer presence.

Talking about this reminded me of something that happened many years ago. I got stopped by an officer on a motorcycle for talking on a cell phone while driving before it was illegal. I asked what was the stop for he said the cell phone. I said that was not illegal. He said and I quote " A creative cop can cite you for just about anything". Then proceded nit-picking looking for anything to do the ticket up on. This is what im talking about.

Call BS if you want BRO. I knew you would. Don’t make no diff. Very little professional courtesy these days anyway. CHP citing Sherriff, local cop citing undercover government agents, different agencies screwing other agencies. But they still call for backup tho. That’s what its become. Sooo different than when I first started.

My advice was simple. Don’t be a diicckk and quit making the public hate everyone in uniform by treating people unfairly. IF THIS IS NOT YOU THEN DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT I AM WRITING! Last post on the subject. Not going to bring my professional career into this. (Color of law and all that) Just my professional experience. Take it or leave it or call BS if you feel you must. Dont take is as a slap, just dont deny it and dont be one of those officers.
Old 04-03-11, 09:45 PM
DJPsystems
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Exclamation

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ate&id=8048967
Old 04-05-11, 12:56 AM
MoeIS350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got another ticket, for going 79mph!...

And this cop stated "I wanted to pull that civic infront of you over, but since you moved out the way first I came for you"

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? Aren't I suppose to move out the way if I see flashing lights behind me? I was following the flow of traffic once again, and I think he radared the car infront of me (the civic), and instead saw a lexus with tints and exhaust and decided to pull the "flash'er" car over...

I even showed him the ticket I got a week before (which started this whole thread), he didn't even cut me a break, instead he said I have speeding issues, and this isn't the end of the world... and I asked how do I know he didn't clock the person infront of me and jus went with me instead, he stated "well you will have to take us to court and find out"....

Valley is full of douche bag CHP officers, I can promise once I mount a camera in my car, which I am more than motivated to do now, I would get all my tickets dismissed!
Old 04-05-11, 01:15 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeIS350
I just got another ticket, for going 79mph!...

And this cop stated "I wanted to pull that civic infront of you over, but since you moved out the way first I came for you"

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? Aren't I suppose to move out the way if I see flashing lights behind me? I was following the flow of traffic once again, and I think he radared the car infront of me (the civic), and instead saw a lexus with tints and exhaust and decided to pull the "flash'er" car over...

I even showed him the ticket I got a week before (which started this whole thread), he didn't even cut me a break, instead he said I have speeding issues, and this isn't the end of the world... and I asked how do I know he didn't clock the person infront of me and jus went with me instead, he stated "well you will have to take us to court and find out"....

Valley is full of douche bag CHP officers, I can promise once I mount a camera in my car, which I am more than motivated to do now, I would get all my tickets dismissed!
79 mph. Don't speed and you won't get speeding tickets. Case closed.
Old 04-05-11, 03:06 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Get yourself a good radar detector
Old 04-05-11, 04:42 AM
MoeIS350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
79 mph. Don't speed and you won't get speeding tickets. Case closed.
I agree, but it does not make sense if he was going for a different car and decided to pull me over because of my car.... That's racism against my car lol... I will fight this one too.... If I was doing 79mph then the car he first was going after must have been doing 85+!
Old 04-05-11, 06:09 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You really are a special person, never let anyone tell you differently.

If you agree, accept the ticket and pay it and slow down. What else is there to discuss?
Old 04-05-11, 06:40 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im 20, i rock limo tint, first ticket given in 12-2010, only other ticket was 60 in a 45 in 12-2008, went to traffic school at 18 got it cleared. **** happens. you pay it and its the end of it. after 2 years of limo tint and 1 ticket and dozens, and dozens of times getting pulled over for it, and being pulled over for being to low, im going to keep on keepin on. i even got pulled over for not having mud flaps covering the outter edge of my tires in the rear because the stuck out at the bottom w/ the -5* camber i had. if you choose to modify your car you have to pay for it when it draws the wrong kind of attention. will all that stop me from tinting my cars or slamming the hell out of them. NO, but i do drive right next to people on the freeway, and when its daylight out side my windows are always down, to avoid getting noticed. Just pay the fines and pay closer attention to inside ambers, push bumpers, and light bars. as soon as you can spot a cop just the way the headlights look your ready for em
Old 04-05-11, 08:53 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, twice you were admittedly speeding, and twice you complain about getting a speeding ticket?

You can complain all day about cops or ricer Civics or bad luck or whatever: the fact is you were speeding.
Old 04-05-11, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you just don't learn huh? cop caught you speeding and he's a DB. wow... when i got my speeding ticket i wasn't happy but for sure i didn't call him a DB for doing this job.
Old 04-05-11, 09:25 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeIS350

camera is a great idea. when you present it in court, it will show that you were speeding.

same driver, different officer. my conclusion is it isn't the officer.
Old 04-05-11, 10:20 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Sllooowww down. I always get crap from my friends about driving 'slow' (speed limit), but I'm not the one to get speeding tickets . Going 15mph faster doesn't make that much of a difference in the time it takes to get to your destination.
Old 04-05-11, 10:35 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Some other things to think about... If you are going with the flow of traffic but still speeding, the cop has the right and opportunity to pick out anyone he wants from the crowd. The cars that will catch his eye first are the ones that are thrashed or falling apart, the higher-end expensive ones, sports cars, or the modded ones. A stock, gold Camry isn't likely going to catch his interest as much. Your car is one that falls into the standout catagory.
Old 04-05-11, 11:07 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by onihc
camera is a great idea. when you present it in court, it will show that you were speeding.

same driver, different officer. my conclusion is it isn't the officer.
qft.

OP, it's a sign to change driving habits.

Quick Reply: I got a 4 violation ticket!