CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-06, 02:08 PM
GReddySetG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in SoCal? I took my car to California Tint in Rosemead.
Old 09-11-06, 09:53 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

im in the long beach area and I need to redo my front tints due to stupid ticket.... anybody got a place around long beach for a good price just for the front sides... i think this was like 15-25%?? I dont know what kind of film they used but it came with the car like this when i bought it. I miss my front side tints, it feels so bare and naked like the whole world is watching me.

Old 09-12-06, 08:50 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

We need to know WHERE you are at. No sence in reccomending a shop in the IE or San Diego if your in Santa Monica, ya know.......

But if your in Temecula area, Mr. Tint Murrieta has done all my cars for the past 5 years and I'm very happy. Only had one redo on a window that had some minor lint right at eye level.
Old 09-12-06, 12:53 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I vote for one big superthread to consolidate the weekly tint recommendation threads that pop up in here. "Tell him blabla bla with the blabla sent you"
Old 09-12-06, 11:49 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ill second greddysetgo... CALIFORNIA TINT in rosemead has done all of my cars, BEST JOB.
Old 09-13-06, 07:59 AM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Tint in Stanton.
Old 09-13-06, 11:51 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Best Tint in Stanton is one of our authorized dealers and does quite a bit of quality work. They service many of the local car dealerships for their tinting needs, if that is any indication of the quality to be expected.
Old 09-13-06, 12:49 PM
BLKGX470
Driver

How much do they usually run for? I don't want to walk in there and look like they can take advantage of...know what I mean. I know it depends on the type of tint and how dark but ball park figure?

By the way, what is the legal % on the front sides here in Cali? I have a Black GX470 and was thinking of getting somewhat of a silver tint. Of course, not that dark. I don't want to be a COP magnet and get tickets every turn I make.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-13-06, 11:18 PM
flyfl1pguy

ULTiMaX99 can you post pics of your car? I wan t to see the tint on your car.
Old 09-14-06, 12:10 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
ULTiMaX99 can you post pics of your car? I wan t to see the tint on your car.
navigate to the 2nd page of this thread.
Old 09-14-06, 12:13 AM
flyfl1pguy

I really want to get tints like DAVE's. I wonder how much it would cost?
Old 09-14-06, 01:30 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

How about a good tinter in the Fountain Valley area that can come to your work? If not, some place local and good in Fountain Valley?
Old 09-14-06, 10:30 AM
hsk73
Lead Lap

I'm thinking about doing my GX, too.
But, GX comes with dark/tinted(?) glass already??
Just wondering if silver or metalic will show through....

I have guy from 714 area code!!
I'm getting mine done this weekend. I'll post his contact if my cars come out nice!!

Originally Posted by BLKGX470
By the way, what is the legal % on the front sides here in Cali? I have a Black GX470 and was thinking of getting somewhat of a silver tint. Of course, not that dark. I don't want to be a COP magnet and get tickets every turn I make.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-14-06, 10:37 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hsk73
I'm thinking about doing my GX, too.
But, GX comes with dark/tinted(?) glass already??
Just wondering if silver or metalic will show through....

I have guy from 714 area code!!
I'm getting mine done this weekend. I'll post his contact if my cars come out nice!!

We look forward to your feedback and what you ended up getting. I am looking for a minor tinting, somewhere in the middle and not too dark.
Old 09-18-06, 11:33 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
Best Tint in Stanton is one of our authorized dealers and does quite a bit of quality work. They service many of the local car dealerships for their tinting needs, if that is any indication of the quality to be expected.
I will vouch for Best Tint also. I got mine done with 35% up front and 20% rear windows & windshield. For those that are wondering, in CA, 35% up front is legal. Any darker and you will be ticketed.

I was originally gonna go 35% all around because I didn't want a 2-shade look. I wanted all the windows to match but after seeing another 2IS with 35% up front and 20% in back, I really liked what I saw so I did the same.

Best Tint overall did a good job and the price was decent. I paid about $130 for 5 windows. I'm not 100% sure on the price since I don't remember now but it's in that range. I've also forgotten what type of film they use. I'm old...my memory is failing me. LOL. They have 2 types of film: metallic and regular. Metallic is a bit more expensive since it blocks out the sun more and there's a lifetime guarantee on them. The reg film only has a 3 yr guarantee. I had to go w/the reg because I have NAV and I didn't want the metallic to interfere w/my NAV.

One HUGE suggestion if you do decide to go to Best:

Get there EARLY! Find out what time they open and get there about 15 mins before they open so that you'll be the first car they tint. They only do cars on a first come first served basis and they're super busy so if you don't wanna wait 4-5 hrs, get there first and you'll be out in a jiffy.

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread