CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 06:01 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just went to Cali tint yesterday, Peter is a great guy very helpful. Well i've been there before and he treated me the same way as back then very clear. I went on tuesday around 9:10 AM and there were a few cars probably 3 cars he pulled in my car right away i actually overheard him say that i had a nice SC to his co-workers

Peter mention that it would take an hour instead it took 2 hours ridiculous because there was a lady with a civic that came after an hour i came in to get her civic done and she was almost done when my car was done as well.

I also wanted to go check out how they were working on a my car since it was a open garage i went in and one of the workers told me that i couldn't be watch them do it. Wonder why, but anyways before i got kicked out i was watching them spray some fluid all over my leather, seatbelts, door handles while trying to get the glass i was concerned that they might screw something up. When i checked my stock sub there was a mini puddle in there as well.

Car was finished after 2 hours Peter charged me $120 instead of $125, tint had lifetime warranty too so thats good. I ask him if i got a ticket and come back have them strip it and retint it would it be free, he said it you got warranty dont you? So i assume it was a yes.

As i left i tried to put on my seatbelt the belt wouldn't retract so i touched the seatbelt and it was sticky it actually stuck to my fingers..

i would rate this place around 8/10 would of gave it a 6/7 if Peter wasn't so nice
Old 10-14-10, 12:05 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

peter's definitely a great guy to deal with. but i'm not sure if its really free to have a re-tint. the lifetime warranty is just in the event something happens to the tint itself and not law-related. i remember i had to go back to peter to have one of my windows re-done because of slight bubbling, even after three months. peter happily re-did it himself with no questions asked. what i like was that he didn't try to get out of this lifetime warranty by trying to blame it on something else. great guy, and definitely sticks by his word.
Old 10-16-10, 12:11 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah Peter is nice unfortunately his co-workers are bad. i just notice yesterday that they cut up my leather, there are multiply cuts on my leather in the back seat.
Old 10-27-10, 09:44 AM
bestint
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Yeah Peter is nice unfortunately his co-workers are bad. i just notice yesterday that they cut up my leather, there are multiply cuts on my leather in the back seat.
i dont understand why or how they could have cut up your leather. installing a rear window doesn't take a knife from the inside. the cut is made on the outside, even if you had to remove the tint in the rear window, it's steamed off so no razors are needed unless the guy doesn't know what he's doing and it sounds like your going to a reputable shop.

i think the most common thing is when the customer doesn't know he already has damages and only discovers them while inspecting a new job that was done to the car. that's why we have to point out every little detail at our shop when we discover stuff. even the smallest scratch on the window because after we tint the window, you can see the scratches since its not a clear background anymore.
Old 10-27-10, 09:51 AM
bestint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vmirjamali
What do you guy's think of solarguard vs the other types of tint? Like ceramic for instance or something close to that?
i like solar gard cause they're the only company that'll give you an actual demo box to show how well thier ceramic tint works. i've tried it with other company's "ceramic" or like tints and they dont have the WOW factor like the solar gard ultra performance series. i haven't tried huper optik but i heard its great stuff but i dont know why anyone would pay that much when you can get solar gard for cheaper and it does the job. solar gard is also the only automotive film recommended by the national skin cancer foundation because they fully tested to block 99% of UV A&B rays. other companies can say anything but who really tests them?
Old 11-03-10, 06:24 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huper has one of those boxes too iirc
Old 11-09-10, 01:04 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

those boxes can be misleading. every company uses a specific light that highlights their own tint. like 3M uses a specific wavelength IR bulb that makes their film smoke everybody elses. and like 3M every other company uses similar tactics. the only boxes i know of are Llumar, 3M, Huper, and solargard
Old 12-01-10, 07:28 PM
exempt
Driver School Candidate

+1 California Tint

They did leave stains somehow but I easily cleaned them off. There was a riffle in the one of the rear seats though. The reason I knew it was them was because my car was brand new and I had brought it there only a couple weeks after I had purchased my car and the fact that no one had ever sat in the rear seat.

And when I got home with the car, I spent only (lying) a couple hours sitting inside and everything was good.

I noticed that when they do the rears, the worker does sit in the backseat.

iirc $130 is what I paid for fronts, rears, and back window.
Old 12-02-10, 07:56 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

50% Green Madico Tint
Done by Norman @ VIP Tint&Glass!

Name:  me5.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  43.3 KB
Name:  me6.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  36.4 KB

Dara
Old 12-02-10, 04:01 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DPromGS
50% Green Madico Tint
Done by Norman @ VIP Tint&Glass!

Dara
how much was it if you don't mind me asking
Old 12-05-10, 05:34 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I got my car done at Pro Tint in Temple City. $200 3M 35% all around. They did a very good and clean job. You can watch them tint your whole car too.
Old 02-01-11, 10:57 PM
momo23
Driver School Candidate

Default Sd tint

Just got my tint done at SD Tint by far the best job ive seen! I highly recommend them! theyve got two locations one in la mesa and off of vista sorrento valley rd. Anyone lookin for a tint go see them.
Attached Thumbnails Official SoCal tint thread-bb-tint.jpg  

Last edited by momo23; 02-01-11 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-02-11, 12:40 AM
ximd
Pole Position

^ thats dark! bad for socal laws but perfect for SD sun
Old 02-02-11, 04:45 AM
momo23
Driver School Candidate

Thats only a 20%! but ur right perfect for SD Sun!
Old 02-10-11, 12:22 AM
Drone619
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took my F to Alvin O's Window tinting. Cleanest job ive seen. pulled the door panels off and tinted the complete window. Cant tell where the tint starts and ends. He also did the detail on the car. Car looks better than when it came off the lot now. 33% all around

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread