CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SPOCOM 2009.... Kind of a Joke... SPOCOM 2010 Why BOTHER??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 01:08 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPOCOM 2009.... Kind of a Joke... SPOCOM 2010 Why BOTHER??

OK,... so i have been EXTRAORDINARILY patient and understanding but this shizz is Freekin' RIDICULOUS.

Background:
..as the SPOCOM awards ceremonyended,...I realized that there was NO LEXUS class winners announced....?

I went up to the "Main Man" Michael Morita and asked him what was up... he explained that they screwed it up and that they would need to send our trophys out to us due to the problem, but he knew the winners and could tell me who placed etc.... he then told me who won and I took 3rd place.

GREAT so i thought!!

He asked me to contact him next week and he would get it straightened out and get me my trophy and $ prize.... and he apologized for the hassle...

No Sweat.

I contacted him the following week reminded him of the situation and asked how they would be handling it....

Michael Morita told me in an email response a week or so later that he would get right on it.

That was Mid June,.... it is now mid-OCTOBER, and i have emailed Michael Morita 2-3 more times asking about my trophy and prize with NO RESPONSE.....

While my inbox is flooded with SEMA SPOCOM AFTER PARTY invitations and other BS....?

So WTF?? I guess they are just blowing me off long enough so eventually I will just go away.....

Right now I am EXTREMELY dissappointed in the experience of SHOWING AND PLACING top 3 in my class at the SPOCOM 2009 car show

1. NOT ONLY were we almost begged to register when they were short cars, 2 weeks out, but then when we DID register...we were told they only had OUTDOOR spots avail. Vs inside. & i specifically was told we would be placed right at the entrance to the show and everyone would see the cars etc..

2. We were among the 1st 6-7 cars in the waiting area Sunday morning for Roll-in, but when we were led up to the display area OUR cars were held off to the side, while 7-9 cars behind us were pulled forward right past us in line and were parked RIGHT in front of the main entrance..while WE were made to park at the VERY END of the lineup, basically as far away from the main entrance as you could possibly get & with cars that showed up at the last minute Vs waiting for an hour for the promotions crew to get it together and set us up that morning..... Nice. We weren't happy about it but hey, we try to keep good attitudes & we rolled with it....

3. Then we get INSIDE the show and there were LITERALLY, WIDE open areas inside where a semi-truck or two could have been parked with NOTHING around. Space that would have EASILY accomodated our 3 team cars.....plus 15 more at least... but they had "NO MORE ROOM for cars inside" ??? I can only assume that they have a fire code limit to the # of vehicles that can be inside for any event...

4. THEN,...no recognition for the Lexus Class winners. Total FUBAR awards ceremony from that respect.

5. FINALLY, No responses to promises they would fix the award issue/THEIR mistake MONTHS ago. [/b]

And so... I have to ask my self.. .WHY BOTHER with Crappy show organization like this any more....??

At this point, for all who might consider entering this show next year, think again... it is not cheap to attend shows regularly, and as it appears SPOCOM and PROMOTION PRODUCTIONS/PROMOTION DISTRIBUTING is apparently unable to manage this event for their SHOW WINNERS and 'Placers', much less attendees properly, ya gotta wonder....

WHY BOTHER with the commitment, expense and time involved to potentially get screwed when you WIN ?

Rant Over..... for now.

Last edited by edgy; 10-26-09 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 02:37 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to admit. I never even looked at the cars outside.

Only when the show was over and half were already gone.

Would have been much better exposure, if they had let you park inside, oh well someone will still sign up again, no matter how much bs goes on, just like H.I.N...
Old 10-26-09, 06:10 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t0e

Would have been much better exposure, if they had let you park inside, oh well someone will still sign up again, no matter how much bs goes on, just like H.I.N...
And same with Nisei and the other meets
Old 10-31-09, 10:05 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e

gotta give me some slack.... w/ HIN I was always trying to cram in 700 cars in the LA Convention Center... no joke.... we hardly had space to walk between cars outside of the 10ft required walk ways. I was always able to cut off registration with about 300 cars on the waiting list. For all the BS and discrepancies with HIN events I think we did a good job of trying to accommodate everyone. It's alot of work and I admit sometimes things fell though the cracks but w/ all the ppl and managing over 100 trophy awards per event you gotta expect a few disgruntled competitors. I kinda miss the work... It's almost been almost 2 years removed.

With events things always come up.... its' part of the business, sometimes things are out of their control. Mike's not a bad guy.... he does try to handle things and is probably wearing multiple hats.