CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus of Westminster, Great!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 11:21 AM
gfm4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad service experience at Westminster for me as well...I went for my 15K mile service and left the car at 9:00 am, and planned to return at 3:00 pm (which is when they promised the car would be finished). Arrived at 3:00 pm, and was told that they were "2 hours behind schedule" and the car would be ready at 5:00. In other words, my car sat at the dealer for 6 hours without them even touching it. No one bothered to call to tell me that they were running behind - my guess is that they totally forgot all about the car.
Old 12-21-07, 11:27 AM
chubby
Lead Lap

^^ maybe so, or maybe they were behind schedule. **** happens. go tell them what they did wrong, not us and maybe youd get compensated for your time
Old 12-21-07, 03:09 PM
gfm4me
Driver School Candidate

Chubby –
I thought this was a thread about Westminster Lexus since others wrote about their experiences (both good and bad). I didn’t state any conclusions, like “don’t go to Westminster”; I just merely wrote about an incident I had using that dealership. I actually thought that it’s beneficial to post both the positives as well as the negatives and let people and make their own decisions whether to use the dealer.

I’m not sure what you were expecting to read about in this thread, but hey thanks for your great reply though. I’ll try to remember all the intelligent advice that you’ve provided me.
Old 12-22-07, 06:34 PM
Ai1080
Driver School Candidate

first of all. I HATE LEXUS OF WESTMINSTER. The employees there are great but the place SUCK. I only go there because my aunt hooks me up. Just because I quit, don't mean I can't get a good deal with parts Shon.
Old 12-22-07, 11:43 PM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gfm4me
Chubby –
I thought this was a thread about Westminster Lexus since others wrote about their experiences (both good and bad). I didn’t state any conclusions, like “don’t go to Westminster”; I just merely wrote about an incident I had using that dealership. I actually thought that it’s beneficial to post both the positives as well as the negatives and let people and make their own decisions whether to use the dealer.

I’m not sure what you were expecting to read about in this thread, but hey thanks for your great reply though. I’ll try to remember all the intelligent advice that you’ve provided me.
i concur. its beneficial to state both positive and negative experiences i dont think gfm4me was trying to complain to us... but just providing an explanation of his experience...
Old 12-25-07, 05:11 PM
dmod07
Driver School Candidate

Westminster lexus sucks.. Try Newport lexus they have the best service and it 3x bigger
Old 12-25-07, 08:33 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dmod07
Westminster lexus sucks.. Try Newport lexus they have the best service and it 3x bigger
last time i checked they charged about 15-20% more for parts than any other dealer in the area
Old 12-25-07, 10:39 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Westminster Lexus wanted $12 per quart of toyota ATF Type IV fluid..I would hate to know how much Newport charges I heard their oil change prices are outrageous too.
Old 01-17-08, 08:23 AM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

I decided to try Westminster over Longo for my 10k mile service based on all the negative reviews about Longo, as well as the positive reviews for Westminster, on this board.

For the 10k mile service, I declined the premium services they offered (such as synthetic oil and other pricey but unnecessary options that a car being serviced every 5k miles doesn't need) which would have been over $200! The basic minimum Lexus-recommended services include replacing oil and filter, re-torquing some bolts, lubricating bushings and shafts, and inspecting various systems and parts. The total cost for this was 142.78!

Did I get ripped off, or is this normal? Or am I paying a premium for better service? Can anyone recommend a better dealer to go to that has impeccable service and won't scratch your car, but won't charge an arm and a leg? I thought I read somewhere on here about taking it to a Toyota dealer; any recommendations on that? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-17-08, 02:19 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

I'm at Longo right now and the service still sucks, Westminster is more expensive but way better service, next time I'll take it to LMS!!!
Old 01-17-08, 02:38 PM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

i like tustin they are super nice but a lot of people say westminster has the cheapest service
Old 01-17-08, 04:23 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VAL678
I'm at Longo right now and the service still sucks, Westminster is more expensive but way better service, next time I'll take it to LMS!!!
Val are you sure you want to go to LMS?
Old 01-18-08, 01:11 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Originally Posted by Sir Topas
I decided to try Westminster over Longo for my 10k mile service based on all the negative reviews about Longo, as well as the positive reviews for Westminster, on this board.

For the 10k mile service, I declined the premium services they offered (such as synthetic oil and other pricey but unnecessary options that a car being serviced every 5k miles doesn't need) which would have been over $200! The basic minimum Lexus-recommended services include replacing oil and filter, re-torquing some bolts, lubricating bushings and shafts, and inspecting various systems and parts. The total cost for this was 142.78!

Did I get ripped off, or is this normal? Or am I paying a premium for better service? Can anyone recommend a better dealer to go to that has impeccable service and won't scratch your car, but won't charge an arm and a leg? I thought I read somewhere on here about taking it to a Toyota dealer; any recommendations on that? Thanks in advance!
that seems high in theory all they did was change your oil and your filter.... lube suspension parts i would like to see which parts they lubed..... anyways i think that should of been a $60.00 job they didnt even use synthetic....

give dynamic auto in midway city a call son is very professional
Old 01-18-08, 09:56 AM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Val are you sure you want to go to LMS?
Yeah, are you sure?
Old 02-11-08, 03:40 PM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
that seems high in theory all they did was change your oil and your filter.... lube suspension parts i would like to see which parts they lubed..... anyways i think that should of been a $60.00 job they didnt even use synthetic....

give dynamic auto in midway city a call son is very professional
Thanks for the input; i think I might start using Dynamic Auto since everyone on this board raves about them. My only reservation is that it's not an official Lexus Dealership.

Incidentally, why specifically does everyone say Longo sucks? Everyone keeps trashing Longo but nobody ever states specifically why? Was it price? Service? Damage to the car? Didn't fix the issue? I'd like to know since I've taken my car to Longo for a service.