CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

oil change in SD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-06, 10:50 AM
jewel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil change in SD?

Where do you guys go to get your oil changes in san diego?
What do you usually pay?

Could we just go to an ez lube and have it done there?
Old 11-03-06, 11:23 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jewel
Where do you guys go to get your oil changes in san diego?
What do you usually pay?

Could we just go to an ez lube and have it done there?
i used to take my car to econo lube in national city, till i found out my friend works at lexus. theres nothing wrong with taking it somewhere else. just take it to a reputable shop.
Old 11-03-06, 12:00 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're asking for trouble taking it to places like ez lube, jiffy lube, etc.

I take it to the dealer and supply my own Mobil 1 oil. Comes out to about $40. It's a reasonable price for me. If I had a convenient way to dispose of old oil, I'd do it myself.
Old 11-03-06, 12:20 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

i bought the car at kearny but they don't seem too smart about stuff. i had to tell 4 different people and it took three calls for them to realize the hks exhaust was out. also, they decided to wash my car and the windows after i took it there a day or so after i got the windows tinted after i specifically told them not to wash at all.

my friend works at bob baker and they've taken care of a lot of the aftermarket stuff i've done. and i've gotten to know the parts manager and one of the service guys. the only problem with bob baker is the location... i live in mira mesa.

hey antbo, maybe we know the same guy?
Old 11-03-06, 03:08 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsquared
i bought the car at kearny but they don't seem too smart about stuff. i had to tell 4 different people and it took three calls for them to realize the hks exhaust was out. also, they decided to wash my car and the windows after i took it there a day or so after i got the windows tinted after i specifically told them not to wash at all.

my friend works at bob baker and they've taken care of a lot of the aftermarket stuff i've done. and i've gotten to know the parts manager and one of the service guys. the only problem with bob baker is the location... i live in mira mesa.

hey antbo, maybe we know the same guy?
is his name david?? wait bob baker is in el cajon right?? well, i my friend is at kearny mesa lexus. is that the same one??
Old 11-03-06, 05:19 PM
jinetix
Pole Position

I got my oil changed at Kearny Mesa Toyota.. the Lexus dealer doesn't seem to care much about anything. I got the oil changed for $29. When I went, they had free chicken, nachos, and hot dogs in the front.. and a free tool kit offer for signing up on their mailing list.
Old 11-03-06, 05:51 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

I usually do mine myself but when I'm lazy I take it to Toyota Lexus Care (TLC) in Clairmont and supply my own oil (Mobil 1 Synthetic). I haven't been there in a while but I think they charge $30 if you supply your own oil and $45 with their oil. Just shoot me a PM nad I can give you their address and phone number.

Jinetix Free food, free drinks and a free tool kit? Looks like you got your moneys worth out of that oil change!
Old 11-03-06, 06:15 PM
mvallido
Pole Position

I went to Toyota of Chula vista and told them that I've got the synthetic oil and filter in the trunk. Got charged $16.00. While I waited, there was free coffee and pastries. Free bottled water and Internet in the customer lounge. When they got done, they washed the car and there was another bottled water in the cup holder. They also did the 21 point safety inspection. The best thing is the glass window in the customer waiting area where you can see all the things they are doing to your car. I think for $16.00, it's worth it. I'll be back for sure.
Old 11-03-06, 06:17 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mvallido
I went to Toyota of Chula vista and told them that I've got the synthetic oil and filter in the trunk. Got charged $16.00. While I waited, there was free coffee and pastries. Free bottled water and Internet in the customer lounge. When they got done, they washed the car and there was another bottled water in the cup holder. They also did the 21 point safety inspection. The best thing is the glass window in the customer waiting area where you can see all the things they are doing to your car. I think for $16.00, it's worth it. I'll be back for sure.

Are you serious! I gotta get my next oil change there and check it out!
Old 11-03-06, 11:32 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

damn... i called kearny and its $200 for the 10K and bob baker is $115. that's crazy. i think i'll take it to kearny toyota right next to lexus. anything special i need? i'm gonna switch to synthetic... and recommendations on what to buy? i'm not much of a DIY for maintenance... no experience.

antbo, never mind, my friend works at bob baker.
Old 11-04-06, 07:48 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

alright guys i drift my car everyday hard for at least 15 min i change all my fluids every month only place i recomend DRIFT TECH in Vista Cali. Ed is the owner and the driver for megan racing skyline very nice guy and they know what they are doing. Tell em paul With the Blue Soarer Sent ya ask for their carbon fiber hoods as well mention me and dont be rude thanks guys.

here is the details
drift tech

760-945-0348
631 S Santa Fe Ave
Vista, CA 92083
Old 11-20-06, 02:41 PM
JonCAGS300
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Toyota Lexus Care (TLC) in Kearny Mesa. Not fancy, no free hot dogs, but they know the cars.