CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 12:07 AM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question for everyone. How far ahead should I call ahead to schedule a service?
Old 04-16-06, 02:33 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was at Glendale, it seemed like people were just taking it in without an appointment and getting rentals. I used to schedule service at Longo a month ahead so I was assured a rental although I don't know about the rest of the dealerships.
Old 04-16-06, 10:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm, i am not 100% sure, peter might chime in, but i think you probably need an appointment for loaner? i think it would be hard for them to guage how many walk-in every day and able to provide loaners?
Old 04-16-06, 10:39 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The one good thing from my service visit with Glendale of Lexus was the fact that you do not need an appointment for a loaner. They have plenty of loaners available which is a far cry from other dealersships.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-16-06 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-16-06, 03:56 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
The one good thing from my service visit with Glendale of Lexus was the fact that you do not see an appointment for a loaner. They have plenty of loaners available which is a far cry from other dealersships.
That's good to hear. Yeah with Longo they told me to make an appointment a month ahead of time...
Old 04-16-06, 04:13 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thing I forgot to mention above is that Glendale will give you a loaner car if the work will take more than four hours. Otherwise, I suppose one would just have to wait for it.
Old 04-16-06, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
The one good thing from my service visit with Glendale of Lexus was the fact that you do not need an appointment for a loaner. They have plenty of loaners available which is a far cry from other dealersships.
wow indeed that's good to know!!
Old 04-17-06, 11:02 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Its the same at Lexus of Westminster. Although I'm sure they appreciate an appointment, I have always been made to feel welcome, aand given a loaner anytime I've come in. The service dept there is top notch, and my guy in service John Vowal, has been great with whatever small concerns and questions Ive had.

Old 04-18-06, 01:37 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is either Glendale or Westminster mod friendly?
Old 04-18-06, 08:33 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Update on Lexus of Glendale. If you do require a loaner car and they happen to be out of their loaner vehicles, they will rent you a car from a nearby hertz. Granted it may not be a Lexus loaner car, but they are still more than willing to accomadate your needs.
Old 04-18-06, 06:04 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ichigo
Update on Lexus of Glendale. If you do require a loaner car and they happen to be out of their loaner vehicles, they will rent you a car from a nearby hertz. Granted it may not be a Lexus loaner car, but they are still more than willing to accomadate your needs.
Wow! That's great to know.
Old 04-19-06, 03:03 PM
bing0916
Rookie

for longo i called a week ahead and they are gonna give me a loaner car this weekend
Old 04-20-06, 11:11 AM
jinetix
Pole Position

oh crap, i'm actually at longo right now posting from the cmoputers in the service building. i hope they dont give me crap about the leather cracking being my fault.
Old 04-20-06, 12:03 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jinetix
oh crap, i'm actually at longo right now posting from the cmoputers in the service building. i hope they dont give me crap about the leather cracking being my fault.
That's funny that you're at Longo right now. I dropped off my ES 300 at Crown Lexus this morning because my battery is on the fritz. I had called yesterday and inquired about the warranty on the battery I purchased July 2004 and the warranty is good for 24 months and I was like yes!!! I get a free battery and it will be good for another 24 months so I'm good until 2008. Hope you enjoy your time there at Longo.
Old 04-20-06, 01:53 PM
jinetix
Pole Position

WOW.. I AM HAVING THE WORST TIME EVER HERE AT LONGO. I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 10:30am.. so its been over three hours already.. and I'm still waiting.

The first service went well, they didn't give me any **** about my LMS intake.. but they put a scratch on my rear door. They used rubbing compound and it didn't work, so I told them to do what they can. They brought their professional detail team and they color sanded it and it's still there. Then they say that they cant do anything or else they'll polish off the paint. They offered to repaint the door but they said it'll probably not match 100%.

I spotted some more slight scratches on the trunk lid when they put it in the sunlight as well.

F*CAKAGAD I should've told them not to wash the car after servicing. I brought the car in clean, clayed, and waxed.. and they still washed it. What the feezy..

Should I tell them to repaint my door? My car is Black Onyx.

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.