Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > CL of Southern California
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Old 02-25-07, 10:39 AM   #61
marcmindte
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default I just need the hood repainted

Its got to many chips and scratches (not deep ones) for me to touch it up myself. I got a quotes from $450 to $900 to paint the hood and both side panels (above the wheels).
All I want is the hood repainted. Isnt that alot of money for the hood? Like I said Im in Orange County (near Irvine) so if you know anyone around here, PM me. Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
marcmindte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 07:22 PM   #62
mole
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

hhhmmmmm ....

Last edited by mole; 02-27-07 at 03:49 PM..
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 03:00 PM   #63
RA40
Trader Score: (6)

Any recco's for a shop that will do a factory bumper replacement and paint?

Mike
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 04:15 PM   #64
AristoPra
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownGS View Post
I'm doing some work at Riteway Autobody right now.... i'll let you know how the car turns out. So far they've been on top of everything and called me countless times to check up on me so 2 thumbs up for customer service.

plsu this shop does alot of hot rods..... hot rod painters are usually the best and msot detailed so Yay for Riteawy..... this is my 3rd version of Black i'm on now. Nutts!!!
So any word on how the paint job is going? I plan to get my GS painted in the near future. Stock black Onyx 202.
AristoPra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 04:32 PM   #65
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob
Trader Score: (9)

brianlin87 blin87
Send a message via AIM to brianlin87

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmindte View Post
Its got to many chips and scratches (not deep ones) for me to touch it up myself. I got a quotes from $450 to $900 to paint the hood and both side panels (above the wheels).
All I want is the hood repainted. Isnt that alot of money for the hood? Like I said Im in Orange County (near Irvine) so if you know anyone around here, PM me. Thanks
did you check out autobody usa in lake forest?

http://www.autobodyusa.net/
brianlin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 05:19 PM   #66
HybrdArsto
Driver

Send a message via AIM to HybrdArsto

Quote:
Originally Posted by since5oh View Post
+1 for MOB.

had my quarter panel and rear bumper repainted on my old 350Z. color matched perfectly and car was delivered on time as promised.
+1 for M.O.B. as well. Miguel does great things with paint.
HybrdArsto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 07:45 PM   #67
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

[QUOTE=UptownGS;2442695]I'm doing some work at Riteway Autobody right now.... i'll let you know how the car turns out. So far they've been on top of everything and called me countless times to check up on me so 2 thumbs up for customer service.

plsu this shop does alot of hot rods..... hot rod painters are usually the best and msot detailed so Yay for Riteawy..... this is my 3rd version of Black i'm on now. Hot rod shops leave zero orange peel.

-Restored JZS147 Bentley Black Wald GS -

-2006 BMW E90 Jet Black Premium/Sports Package w/mods-
Wald GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 12:33 AM   #68
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to UptownGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkn4aGS View Post
So any word on how the paint job is going? I plan to get my GS painted in the near future. Stock black Onyx 202.
went to go check it out yesterday.... i'm loving the new paint job.... its a Black Pearl w/ a gold shimmer. There were a few spots i asked them to look into to smoothen out but can't complain really. Overall the car looked really cool in the sunlight. I can see the gold really gloss out at hard angles.... I dotn know if i'm explaining it right. I guess u'll have to see.

As far as pricing I got into a minor fender bender w/ my front bumper and fender so insurance settled the bill. While at the shop I was' BS'n w/ the shop owner but told him i wanted to make sure they used Bentley Black to match up the paint. They called me a few hrs later and asked if I wanted to repaint my entire my car and I agreed. Simple as that, but they wanted to paint using something a bit more flashy. So i agreed to their black w/ slight gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Are you repainting the whole car? If so, how much? PM me if you want.
see above!
Old 03-15-07, 02:55 PM   #69
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

update: i'm not too happy w/ the outcome of the paint job from Riteway. A few bubbles here and there and then choppy work around the corners. They said they would fix everything, so atleast the customer service is on par. I will update as soon as they fix everything.
Old 03-15-07, 03:53 PM   #70
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know why these dumb *** body shops just don't do it right the first time.

"ya let's rush and do a *****ty job and hope the customer won't notice, and if they notice we'll do it again".

the fuked up thing is they rush the 2nd time around and it's not too different from the first time they botched up on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownGS View Post
update: i'm not too happy w/ the outcome of the paint job from Riteway. A few bubbles here and there and then choppy work around the corners. They said they would fix everything, so atleast the customer service is on par. I will update as soon as they fix everything.
mikemareen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-07, 04:19 PM   #71
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

shoot you're tellin me!
Old 03-15-07, 04:49 PM   #72
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

i go to VIP autobody in Midway city.
there small and take alittle longer but there job is very good
alot of show cars come out of there,, even mine

boosting hurts my pocket......
HKS F-CON...thats all u need to know
tommyGS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 01:36 PM   #73
dboyz85
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

Default Body shop

Hey guys i need ur help with body shop that can fix a crack in my walds kit. My dad reparked my car as i was sleeping and cracked my rear lip. I need a shop that can fix it. I asked my local shop and they said it can't me done. thanks for all ur help.
dboyz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 01:59 PM   #74
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

whats up?
you can ask the guy, who detailed my car. i dont have my number here but i think you know him. (Jackson and Bolsa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyz85 View Post
Hey guys i need ur help with body shop that can fix a crack in my walds kit. My dad reparked my car as i was sleeping and cracked my rear lip. I need a shop that can fix it. I asked my local shop and they said it can't me done. thanks for all ur help.
dung0981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 11:05 PM   #75
dboyz85
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

Default body shop

cool thanks ill make sure to check them out.
dboyz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 11:05 PM