Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by daily400
good question passnu2 i would also like to know
finally going to buy some rims
Old 01-26-13, 11:16 PM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No videos yet. Its actually something we have been working on. Have you got videos from other wheel manufacturers?

Originally Posted by passnu2
maybe I wasn't clear, do you have any videos you can show us?
Old 01-27-13, 06:29 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by concavo
Have you got videos from other wheel manufacturers?
why did you want something else to copy
Old 01-27-13, 06:44 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

So since you decided to come post in the Chicago Region, not the vendor or vendor announcement section....

How does a company give a way a "free" product, but yet tells them how they have to use them? So if I was to raffle off something and your the lucky winner and I tell you how to use it....how would you take this? Some times this is a big mistake with new business owners. You forget to put yourself in the shoes of the customer and only think of what is going to benefit your company.
Old 01-27-13, 09:45 AM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Since you asked us for a video and we have seen you in threads in support of other wheel companies, I would like to know if you have got a video from any other wheel manufacturer in decision to purchase your new wheels? It would only be fair to know if you are targeting us or this is something you ask from every wheel company before pulling the trigger?

Old 01-27-13, 09:54 AM
concavo
Former Sponsor

So what you are saying is another wheel company is allowed to post in this section on this topic but we are not? Other members wanted more opinions and we posted. We are not allowed to give our opinion in the Chicago section and this is owned by another wheel company? This is a public forum and we are a sponsor.

In regards to the free raffle, everyone appreciated the fact that we gave a free set of wheels away to a member on the forum. Its our raffle and we are the ones giving a free set of wheels away so we can make the rules and its up to anyone to participate. No one is forcing any one to participate and every member appreciated the fact that we even gave a free set of wheels away. So I do not understand how you can bash us on giving a free set of wheels away. Its a free set of wheels..... But out of curiosity, what rules did you think were so unjust that you had to make this comment?

So since you decided to come post in the Chicago Region, not the vendor or vendor announcement section....

How does a company give a way a "free" product, but yet tells them how they have to use them? So if I was to raffle off something and your the lucky winner and I tell you how to use it....how would you take this? Some times this is a big mistake with new business owners. You forget to put yourself in the shoes of the customer and only think of what is going to benefit your company.

Last edited by concavo; 01-27-13 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-27-13, 10:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Mike, this is pretty rude. To my knowledge you have never owned their products but I know you don't like Concavo; you've made that clear in many posts and other issues that we have discussed previously. Targeting their responses simply answering general product questions so you can call them out on an ongoing basis is not appropriate and I'll ask that it ends now both in this thread and elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if its in the vendor marketplace, model or regional forums and It doesn't matter who the vendor is, we'd make the same request.... We are absolutely fine with members sharing their opinions and experiences both positive and negative, but when it turns into borderline stalking just because you don't like a company we are going to ask you to stop.

Please PM me if you want to discuss further.
Old 01-27-13, 10:42 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Since you asked us for a video and we have seen you in threads in support of other wheel companies, I would like to know if you have got a video from any other wheel manufacturer in decision to purchase your new wheels? It would only be fair to know if you are targeting us or this is something you ask from every wheel company before pulling the trigger?
Why are you so worried about what I ask of other wheel companies? Shouldn't you focus on your company? Your BRAND NEW, have nothing to back up your warranty on a new product. I can make up any kind of warranty...will you make it 7 years? Too many factors with your being new. It would be in your best interest to have information to support your products, and not some marketing flyer.

I would have asked Mike the same question but another member already did.

So what you are saying is another wheel company is allowed to post in this section on this topic but we are not? Other members wanted more opinions and we posted. We are not allowed to give our opinion in the Chicago section and this is owned by another wheel company? This is a public forum and we are a sponsor.
Glad you bring this up

Your welcome to join any discussion (sponsor or not)

Since you want to share advice to the Chicago section, I have asked before, if you sell cheap knock-off products, and if not to prove me wrong? So I will give you a fair opportunity to prove me wrong and educate the Chicago section about your products.

This brings up another in regards to Vendors and where the promote:

while we have vendors posting over here, we have two sections for VENDORS!!! It would be great if we could post VIDEOS, PICS, WHATEVER, in these sections. I don't care that your doing a video shoot! If we want to look at these we know where to look I don't care about your #TEAM. Newer vendors are KILLING this site. I wonder why this is not controlled on CL like it is on other IB forums. Before you get all upset notice I said "vendors"...

In regards to the free raffle, everyone appreciated the fact that we gave a free set of wheels away to a member on the forum. Its our raffle and we are the ones giving a free set of wheels away so we can make the rules and its up to anyone to participate. No one is forcing any one to participate and every member appreciated the fact that we even gave a free set of wheels away. So I do not understand how you can bash us on giving a free set of wheels away. Its a free set of wheels..... But out of curiosity, what rules did you think were so unjust that you had to make this comment?

you answered my question right here. sounds like you should have said sponsorship. I was just asking since its not your vendor thread and thought it was odd to offer something for Free but yet be told how to use it.

This is Free:
Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
Old 01-27-13, 10:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Mike, this is pretty rude. To my knowledge you have never owned their products but I know you don't like Concavo; you've made that clear in many posts and other issues that we have discussed previously. Targeting their responses simply answering general product questions so you can call them out on an ongoing basis is not appropriate and I'll ask that it ends now both in this thread and elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if its in the vendor marketplace, model or regional forums and It doesn't matter who the vendor is, we'd make the same request.... We are absolutely fine with members sharing their opinions and experiences both positive and negative, but when it turns into borderline stalking just because you don't like a company we are going to ask you to stop.

Please PM me if you want to discuss further.

I will PM you to discuss this and a few other things later today
Old 01-28-13, 07:08 PM
daily400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no not buying rims just yet still trying to find the right set up for my project.. and well we now know where certian people stand on the topic of this but at the same time i feel that this thread was taken away from the point.

the point of this thread is knock offs..
[ATTACH]271084[/ATTACH

^like this..
Attached Thumbnails knocked off-knock-offs.jpg  
Old 01-29-13, 09:02 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that is crazy. Sadly I've been getting messages of a competitor who has pretty blatantly copied our design for their new wheel. I saw it and couldn't believe it. So I am going to work OVERTIME to make this industry a better one, where innovation and originality are celebrated and if they are emulated, credit is given.

Saw this video that A C schnitzer posted in 2010 showing their copy problem and what they are doing about it. I think I will call them tomorrow