Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

lock your doors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 06:40 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation lock your doors!!!

well this weekend, not in Chicago or a bad area, had stuff stolen out of the mini-van in our driveway

no damage to anything and nothing too expensive was taken but the fact they did this in my driveway and "could" have entered the house by pushing the homelink button had me a little concerned. Reported to locals an was told I wasn't the first to report this weekend
Old 09-24-12, 07:40 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

That sucks to hear.

I remember years ago, the one time my dad didn't lock his car in the driveway, it was entered in to and had a bunch of stuff stolen. And this is in a new subdivision where nothing ever happens.

It's just the thought that some deuches are walking around at night and checking for open cars that makes you feel uneasy.
Old 09-24-12, 09:25 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My buddy just told me he had some things stolen out of his car in Clarendon Hills last night. Remember to lock your doors everyone...

-Joe
Old 09-24-12, 12:03 PM
neilr11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crimes of opportunity, you need to lock your doors of your car the same you would your house.
Old 09-24-12, 05:17 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

It's just the thought that some deuches are walking around at night and checking for open cars that makes you feel uneasy.
Yea that bothered me the most to think someone was all over the inside of my family hauler and GOD knows what was on those filthy hands. The other major concern is the Homelink stays active when the car is off so what is to stop them from entering my home

Originally Posted by jamodeo
My buddy just told me he had some things stolen out of his car in Clarendon Hills last night. Remember to lock your doors everyone...

-Joe
Yea this area is nice what a surprise. I know there is money in these areas but I would think car theft or even breaking into houses would be more of a target then checking for doors that are not locked.

Originally Posted by neilr11
Crimes of opportunity, you need to lock your doors of your car the same you would your house.
Yea normally they are parked in a garage and last nite was the start of my new walk around to double check everything.
Old 09-24-12, 05:31 PM
birador
Lead Lap

here in aurora naperville area lots of police signage reminding all to lock your cars not only at night but whole day, people should double check their cars before they sleep.
Old 09-24-12, 05:45 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Yeah, my whole car vandalized(keyed) all over and F$&k wrote on my trunk. Locked or unlocked, there will always be haters!
Old 09-25-12, 11:20 AM
MnM24
Intermediate

That sucks, hope you find out who did it. Did they take a lot of valuable things?
Old 09-25-12, 11:45 AM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

I've been scoping out the house window and checking for kids walking around at night. Nothing stolen during this incident. About 3 weeks ago my laptop got stolen at the dealership. I thought I liked the door but found out my battery on the key was dead. So it did not lock. I took a demo home on a Saturday and when I went to work on the following Monday, my doors were propped open. I knew then my something was up. Doors are so heavy they didn't even close all the way.
Old 09-25-12, 12:16 PM
MnM24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlphaMotor
I've been scoping out the house window and checking for kids walking around at night. Nothing stolen during this incident. About 3 weeks ago my laptop got stolen at the dealership. I thought I liked the door but found out my battery on the key was dead. So it did not lock. I took a demo home on a Saturday and when I went to work on the following Monday, my doors were propped open. I knew then my something was up. Doors are so heavy they didn't even close all the way.
What town do you live in? Does it have a lot of crime?
Old 09-25-12, 01:04 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

My buddy had his car at an Audi dealer on the Northshore (I forget which one). When he picked the car up they told him it was broken into while in their back lot. They stole his ipod, V-One, glasses, and random other stuff. The dealer said a bunch of cars had missing items, even a steering wheel from an RS4 was taken. They would leave the cars unlocked in their back lot since it was "secured". After it happened it was like pulling teeth for him to get reimbursed. They originally said he'd have to go through his own insurance!! He finally got reimbursed from their insurance company after months of fighting. He never went back to that dealer..

I try to never leave anything in my car when its not in my possession, and always keep it locked!
Old 09-26-12, 06:47 AM
daily400
Pole Position

time to buy a 12g shot gun..
Old 09-26-12, 07:23 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daily400
time to buy a 12g shot gun..
Thats how Ed Norton went to prison in American History X.. some hoodrats breaking into his car in his driveway and he caught them. Criminals have all the rights, even when they are trampling on yours.

Last edited by CaptAwsm; 09-28-12 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-26-12, 01:24 PM
daily400
Pole Position

all i gotta say is i would feel really bad for the person if i ever cought them if something happen...
Old 09-30-12, 07:01 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MnM24
What town do you live in? Does it have a lot of crime?
I'm in Darien and this ish never happens, but our whole block has been for some reason.

Quick Reply: lock your doors!!!