Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lease Transfering

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-16, 04:10 PM
kstorey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease Transfering

Hey everyone my name is Kyle. I just recently joined this forum and I am excited to speak with some like minded people. I am also interested in the lease transfering process. Would be great if anyone could give me some insight. Please let me know if there is a better sub topic to post under.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 10-11-16, 06:56 PM
lindsayc
Driver School Candidate

I have actually gone through a lease transfer process. Much of the process depends on the speed of the two people involved and the financial institution. A credit check must be done and the person assuming the lease must qualify in order to take it over successfully. If you are in different states you must arrange for a means of transportation for the vehicle (or get it yourself) as well as an inspection for your current residing state. Stipulation differ from each lease.
Old 01-17-17, 10:36 AM
jasont
Driver School Candidate

Default Free Lease Transfer App -- Lease SwApp

Originally Posted by lindsayc
I have actually gone through a lease transfer process. Much of the process depends on the speed of the two people involved and the financial institution. A credit check must be done and the person assuming the lease must qualify in order to take it over successfully. If you are in different states you must arrange for a means of transportation for the vehicle (or get it yourself) as well as an inspection for your current residing state. Stipulation differ from each lease.
Hey,

Lindsay is correct about the process, however some require you be a legal resident of the state like Michigan in order to take over the lease. If you have iPhone you can to download Lease SwApp from App Store. It's a free mobile app for lease takeover it does not require a credit check or any money to post/message. Good luck! and please don't waste your time with lease trader they swindled me out of a lot of money for membership fees and I couldn't even check a single car without a credit check. beware of sites that make you pay & offer no refunds. hope this helps.