Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dealer troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-15, 06:35 PM
evopat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer troubles

Well the good news, I purchased a 2008 is350 and it's a great car.

The dealer bay ridge Lexus in New York. BE CAREFUL. They promised to provide the best service. Here is how I was treated to date

Delivery day. They made me sit for three hours to complete paperwork despite having an appointment and I traveled 2.5 hours by train to get there. I had to threaten to walk out to get service

Tomorrow is 30 days and I am still waiting for my plates. My temp plate expires. The dealers response. you are lucky guy just drive it's ok.

My change oil light came on. I asked what services were performed prior to me purchasing the car. They told me they could not tell me. Go to another le us dealer and ask them. I ended up calling Lexus customer service they told me this should have taken the dealer 5 minutes to do. Thankfully they performed the pre sale services. The dealer forgot to reset the monitors (really a high end dealer?) I questioned 3 tires that were not replaced. I was told not to worry if they do not pass inspection they will be replaced. Well they passed, they are dry rotted and now I have to buy new ones

Every attempt to speak to the sales manager, service manager or the owner I was forwarded to voicemail Not a single call was returned by anyone other than the salesman who's cell phone number I have. I text him daily looking for updates, he never reaches out to me.

What would you do ? All I want is my plates so I can drive my car. I feel like I have been taken now what

reminder the dealer is bay ridge Lexus in New York. Be careful.
Old 08-10-15, 07:46 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I work two block from the,.....they are absolutely the worst.......and my friend work there. He told me to stay away.
Old 08-10-15, 09:24 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonder if a Lexus dealership has ever been yanked from an owner. I know a Cadillac dealership here locally did after the state did an undercover sting which found them charging old ladies for unneeded repairs. They got hammered. Owner tried to transfer to wife or daughter and that didn't last. Dealership is now demolished. Lol.
Old 08-11-15, 06:23 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by evopat
Well the good news, I purchased a 2008 is350 and it's a great car.

The dealer bay ridge Lexus in New York. BE CAREFUL. They promised to provide the best service. Here is how I was treated to date

Delivery day. They made me sit for three hours to complete paperwork despite having an appointment and I traveled 2.5 hours by train to get there. I had to threaten to walk out to get service

Tomorrow is 30 days and I am still waiting for my plates. My temp plate expires. The dealers response. you are lucky guy just drive it's ok.

My change oil light came on. I asked what services were performed prior to me purchasing the car. They told me they could not tell me. Go to another le us dealer and ask them. I ended up calling Lexus customer service they told me this should have taken the dealer 5 minutes to do. Thankfully they performed the pre sale services. The dealer forgot to reset the monitors (really a high end dealer?) I questioned 3 tires that were not replaced. I was told not to worry if they do not pass inspection they will be replaced. Well they passed, they are dry rotted and now I have to buy new ones

Every attempt to speak to the sales manager, service manager or the owner I was forwarded to voicemail Not a single call was returned by anyone other than the salesman who's cell phone number I have. I text him daily looking for updates, he never reaches out to me.

What would you do ? All I want is my plates so I can drive my car. I feel like I have been taken now what

reminder the dealer is bay ridge Lexus in New York. Be careful.
Have you slammed them on dealerrater.com?
Old 08-11-15, 06:35 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

this is yet another example of what you would expect from a dealer 20 years ago.thankfully most dealers changed there tune about how they handle business.i worked at jerrys toyota in baltimore md many years ago and they were the worst.
i would call it a day and dont bother with them.it isnt worth it.these guys are not going to do anything to help you.just tell everyone about your dealing with those idiots in print and voice.
best of luck and enjoy your new ride.
Old 08-11-15, 07:48 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Just checked Bay Ridge's rating on Yelp and it doesn't look good for them. I wouldn't trust them with a beat up 1985 Dodge Caravan.
Old 08-11-15, 09:06 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

They have a few 2013 GS's for a decent price, but I'm wary of going over there to see them. Their reputation has never been good.