GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-15, 10:05 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 Lexus GS F is a .22 in a .357 world, and that might not be a bad thing

Click here to view more photos

In Max Brooks' zombie epic World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, the author envisions an apocalypse where the living dead necessitate a rethinking of societal behavior. One such change, among many, was the replacement of large-caliber, automatic weapons with smaller .22-caliber rounds and semi-automatic firearms that promise better accuracy when battling the undead. We're hoping Lexus used this as its inspiration when finalizing the numbers for its 467-horsepower, 4,000-pound GS F sedan. Lexus may not have brought a knife to a gun fight, but it's fair to say the firepower of its new GS F is lagging behind that of its German rivals.

While BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi and most recently, Cadillac, are playing with force-induced V8s and power figures that are well north of 550 ponies, Lexus' kiddy table approach belies a significant weight savings against some of its rivals.

At just 4,034 pounds, the Lexus is some 350 pounds lighter than the BMW M5 and nearly 400 pounds lighter than the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S 4Matic (that said, the Lexus is only about 100 pounds lighter than the 640-horsepower Cadillac CTS-V). We won't know if this weight advantage is enough for the 2016 GS F to outrun its competitors until we're able to drive it, though.

Beyond that, Lexus has fitted the sort of tinsel typical of its high-performance models, with an even more wildly gaped fascia and vertically staggered rear exhausts. Meaty wheels and tires hide under flared wheel arches, while the cabin features far more aggressive sport seats and stylish upholstery.

Take a look at our live images of the new GS F, fresh off is debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/13/2...-detroit-2015/
Old 01-14-15, 10:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Wrong info by MT, confirmed 1600 units globally the first year at least USA their largest market, especially for a V8 like this only 200 ?
didn't see the 1600 number globally, but that's good. but even if half come to the u.s. i don't think lexus will have much trouble selling them.
Old 01-14-15, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
didn't see the 1600 number globally, but that's good. but even if half come to the u.s. i don't think lexus will have much trouble selling them.
that's basically the isf numbers on avg over the life span of isf. just read up joe z's post in the gs forum. since this car effective takes place of the isf, i think it makes sense and possible. isf had great numbers the first year and then declined after that
Old 01-14-15, 10:39 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no turbos

but damn i think it looks really good! way better than BMW and MB.
Old 01-14-15, 11:40 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Lexus will only manufacture a certain number of units per year of this variant (similar to the RC-F)

Thankfully though, total overall production throughout its product life cycle is NOT LIMITED (unlike the LFA and its exclusive 500 unit production run)
Old 01-14-15, 12:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gymratter
no turbos

but damn i think it looks really good! way better than BMW and MB.
good

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ke-turbos.html
Old 01-14-15, 01:55 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

While I am put off by its performance figure, it's not over yet for GSF. If GSF starts at $66~68k its going to really blow the competition away with its driving dynamic.

The price will determine the rise or fall of GSF. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 01-14-15, 02:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gsintensive
While I am put off by its performance figure, it's not over yet for GSF. If GSF starts at $66~68k its going to really blow the competition away with its driving dynamic.

The price will determine the rise or fall of GSF. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
its not going to be same price as RC-F which has less equipment and is $7k cheaper to start with.
Old 01-14-15, 02:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
I think Lexus will only manufacture a certain number of units per year of this variant (similar to the RC-F)

Thankfully though, total overall production throughout its product life cycle is NOT LIMITED (unlike the LFA and its exclusive 500 unit production run)
just like with any car they have, it is not limited production car... if you want it, you will be able to buy it. They expect 1600 units sold per year, probably more first year (they said 1600 when they announced it at show).
Old 01-14-15, 02:36 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

this pic from Lexus Enthusiast is the best one IMHO... shows how aggressive the car looks in real life.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/01/1...-stories-2015/
Old 01-14-15, 02:48 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish Lexus reps would stop making awkward comments about calipers - it makes it seem as though these guys cant appreciate or don't understand true performance attributes.

I remember at the IS F reveal years ago, Bob Carter said, "We liked the brakes so much, we put our name on them!" talking about the Lexus-embossed calipers.

Now, Jeff Bracken goes, "Orange brake calipers - now how frigging cool is that?" Well, I don't know, Jeff. I wouldn't give a flying flip if they were pink. They're "frigging cool" because they're Brembo six piston calipers which is a lot more important than being orange.

These are such trivial and odd remarks to make in front of the entire industry - makes my skin crawl.
Old 01-14-15, 03:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I wish Lexus reps would stop making awkward comments about calipers - it makes it seem as though these guys cant appreciate or don't understand true performance attributes.

I remember at the IS F reveal years ago, Bob Carter said, "We liked the brakes so much, we put our name on them!" talking about the Lexus-embossed calipers.

Now, Jeff Bracken goes, "Orange brake calipers - now how frigging cool is that?" Well, I don't know, Jeff. I wouldn't give a flying flip if they were pink. They're "frigging cool" because they're Brembo six piston calipers which is a lot more important than being orange.

These are such trivial and odd remarks to make in front of the entire industry - makes my skin crawl.
he was joking... i wish they keep them orange tho for production cars.
Old 01-14-15, 04:24 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
he was joking... i wish they keep them orange tho for production cars.
Lexus is a very conservative company. I would be very surprised if they remain orange. Orange may not look good with other car colors.
Old 01-14-15, 04:35 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
its not going to be same price as RC-F which has less equipment and is $7k cheaper to start with.
RCF is starting at 62k, I can see GSF around 68k mark starting as well.
Old 01-14-15, 04:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by gsintensive
RCF is starting at 62k, I can see GSF around 68k mark starting as well.
But TVD will be standard for the GSF, not the RCF ......

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F