GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 11:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
we all know that when comparo are done between s6 and m5 and e63 (and yup ppl don't need to remind me that s6 won)
Don't remember exactly, but they took price difference into consideration too ?
Old 01-06-15, 11:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by venom21
Underwhelmed , but still looks decent and will drive well. I still don't understand why they can't throw more resources at these projects, biggest car company in the world for god's sake. They didn't even bother to update the remote touch either lol.
money talks, period. truth is these cars will sell in very low volume. it's for brand image and a lot of times you don't get much return from it, or at least not in short term. mb and bmw build on decades of heritage and experience and loyalty to support these programs on amg and m. lexus is still very very new and it's much bigger money for them by comparison.

just look at the sales of c63 and m3 vs isf and you can already see from business sense, mb and bmw are more "sustainable" to support the programs
Old 01-06-15, 11:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Don't remember exactly, but they took price difference into consideration too ?
i think they did, but we all know people just take final conclusion and throw it at bmw and mb.

i am just saying, m5 and e63 owners, i see them cross shopping between the two all the time. i don't see s6 being in their talk very often. i do know some s6 owners looking to "upgrade" to m5, that's their exact words.

i am not saying that's how the gsf is going to be viewed yet, but to me it seems to be quite a discrepancy looking at isf/m3/c63 and rcf/m4/c63, and now the gsf
Old 01-06-15, 11:53 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guesses what this will run loaded?
Old 01-06-15, 12:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
Most people (except those that can actually afford one) probably won't want to know.
Old 01-06-15, 12:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

And with 200 potentially charming GS Fs pegged for sale in the U.S....
200 what? Per month? Per year?

U.S.-spec interiors will be roller-brushed red, black, or gray, not in the two-tone scheme pictured
Lame that the awesome 2toned interior will not be available stateside.
Old 01-06-15, 12:19 PM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can understand some of the frustration in the posts as it isn't 500 hp +, but given what a fabulous car the GS 350 F sport is with only 306 hp, I have to believe the GS F with 467 hp is going to be nothing short of outstanding. If horsepower alone was the major condiderationl I never would have bought a GS in the first place!
Old 01-06-15, 12:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by J.P.
so far i am thinking 85k?

Originally Posted by GSCT
I can understand some of the frustration in the posts as it isn't 500 hp +, but given what a fabulous car the GS 350 F sport is with only 306 hp, I have to believe the GS F with 467 hp is going to be nothing short of outstanding. If horsepower alone was the major condiderationl I never would have bought a GS in the first place!
if the 4gs chassis is so outstanding (which i truly believe!!), that means the car should be able to handle even more power and be able to excel even more?
Old 01-06-15, 12:24 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Like most here, I am very underwhelmed and fear that this will be forgotten about quickly due to the TOUGH competition.

However, without breaking out old magazines and checking stats, what if this car handled and performed more like the RC F it shares part of its platform and engine with and less like the more powerful, heavy straight line beasts such as the M5, E63 etc? Would that make it any more appealing to anyone?
Old 01-06-15, 12:28 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like they had to make the front end stick out further to accommodate the spindle.
Really throws off the balance of the look, and kinda doesn't look well integrated.
It's one of those "can't quite put my finger on it" deals

Old 01-06-15, 12:30 PM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in no financial shape to purchase a GS-F (or any new car for that matter still in college) but as a true enthusiast I have to say I was still expecting more. At least more hp.

HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure that since this will only weigh 4,034 lbs it will handle circles around the M5, E63, XFR-S "pigs."

BUT, there is still the CTS-V which is only 100 lbs more, with nearly 200 extra hp and torque.
Old 01-06-15, 12:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GFerg
Like most here, I am very underwhelmed and fear that this will be forgotten about quickly due to the TOUGH competition.

However, without breaking out old magazines and checking stats, what if this car handled and performed more like the RC F it shares part of its platform and engine with and less like the more powerful, heavy straight line beasts such as the M5, E63 etc? Would that make it any more appealing to anyone?
here's my thought. the f10 m5 is already known for being on the heavy side and the car is softer than before.

i have good faith that the gsf is going to drive pretty nice given the 4gs chassis (i am still a big fan of it).

however when i look at a car, i look at everything including the segment, business sense, target audience and what they are looking for.

buyers in this segment, they want a fast car, they want luxury, and yes they want some status (ie bragging rights). let's face it, a lot of m and amg owners they don't really know how to drive a fast car, i have seen it with my own eyes. hardly any of them could really push these cars to their limit.

given how the segment is shaped, i believe that's why the m5 and e63 still continue to sell with no problems. and with that, it becomes a much harder case for gsf especially now we know the spec.

i am sure some people will come and say but the gsf is going to be a better driver car, we (as in some) know cars and we know what's the best to get, etc... sure, i am sure everything is a bell curve too. there are always exceptions, and there are always a fan of something. i am just putting my prediction on the overall outcome.

like i said many times before. am i a buyer in this segment? yes, been looking at the m5 and e63. am i interested in the gsf? i love the chassis but honestly so far it doesn't appeal much to me. and while i am not a pro driver, i do think i am a better driver in pushing these.

to make it a fair comparison, i think the rcf is a much better fighter in the game against c63 and m4. i do tend to see a lot more pros and cons between them
Old 01-06-15, 12:48 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks nice and has decent specs, but it is no knock-out. I think they should have done something to make it stand out more, but for me it looks like they just added two extra doors to the RC.

Yes, it weighs less than the M5, but has less hp. If it still can do 0-100 kph in 4-4.5 seconds that is ideal. Plus the Tesla P85 (no-insane mode) does 0-100 kph in like 4.4 seconds. So even with the less horsepower and what not, Lexus still found a way to make the car competitive.

Last edited by JessePS; 01-06-15 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-06-15, 01:01 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

They've re-added a ENTER button back to the Remote Touch similar to the MY10-12 set-up
Old 01-06-15, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JessePS
It looks nice and has decent specs, but it is no knock-out. I think they should have done something to make it stand out more, but for me it looks like they just added two extra doors to the RC.

Yes, it weighs less than the M5, but has less hp. If it still can do 0-100 kph in 4-4.5 seconds that is ideal. Plus the Tesla P85 (no-insane mode) does 0-100 kph in like 4.4 seconds. So even with the less horsepower and what not, Lexus still found a way to make the car competitive.
i am pretty sure this car will do 4.5 0-60 just fine. in modern days that's not a very hard number to reach anymore.

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F