Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mazda CX3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-15, 08:01 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I just checked it out at the Dallas Auto Show. Nice!
Old 03-27-15, 08:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi68
I still don't think these new small SUV's are selling that well. I don't see that many compared to hatches.
You, however, are (presumably) in the Czech Republic. Here, in the U.S., small crossover car-based SUVs have (so far) become the success story of the 21st Century.
Old 07-23-15, 05:22 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The 2016 CX-3 represents Mazda’s entrant into the red hot Subcompact Utility segment with the likes of the Honda HR-V, Jeep Renegade, Fiat 500X, Nissan Juke and Mini Countryman.

Design: Not merely a shrunken CX-5, the CX-3 wears a bold extension of the Mazda KODO-Soul of Motion design language. Emphasis was placed on achieving athletic and dynamic proportions, intricate surfacing and premium details. On the inside there is a sense of openness and space beyond what the somewhat diminutive dimensions would otherwise suggest.

Engineering: CX-3 encompasses the entire SKYACTIV suite of features, Body, Engine, Transmission and Chassis. Focus on weight management allows for the 2.0L 146 horsepower engine to feel sporty while also achieving near class leading fuel economy. Mazda’s industry first Predictive i-ACTIV AWD is available on all trim levels. Internal Mazda testing showed that the CX-3 outperformed the Subaru Forester and Honda HR-V.

Content: While pricing starts above the HR-V and Renegade, there’s quite a bit of content available on the CX-3. There is a standard 7” multimedia screen, where others have 5” or none on base vehicles. Available heads-up Active Driving display is one of the only ones in the segment. Lots of safety and convenience technology offered such as radar cruise control, blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive front lighting and auto high beam control. A number of soft touch premium materials and accent pieces liven up the appearance of the cabin.

Driving Impressions: The CX-3 is extremely nimble with a well-damped ride that feels refined, predictable, and is overall very confidence inspiring. Large impacts do not upset the ride and are managed well with minimal harshness entering the cabin. Visibility is good with a balanced seating position that provides a good view of the road, while also feeling sporty. The 6 speed automatic transmission provides crisp upshifts during acceleration and offers rev-matched downshifts. Matched with the 2.0L engine, the CX-3 accelerates relatively briskly, even with two full sized adults in the car. Sport mode logic holds gears smartly during cornering maneuvers. Braking is firm and linear. Wind and road noise is still slightly high, somewhat typical of Mazda products.

Old 07-23-15, 05:30 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

CX-3 seems like a taller Mazda3 Hatch with available AWD. Either way this is a spunky entry by Mazda.

Wanted to know more about this i-ACTIV AWD

From Mazda Press Release:

Mazda’s industry-first predictive i-ACTIV AWD system is available on all trim levels. Using the vehicle’s onboard thermometer to determine ambient temperature, ABS and stability control systems to determine vehicle direction and available traction, and other sensors throughout the vehicle, i-ACTIV AWD routes power to the most surefooted wheels in inclement conditions.
http://www.mazdausamedia.com/2015-05...-CX-3-Overview
Old 07-24-15, 12:10 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's similar to the Mazda2 in interior volume...