Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Drivers voice frustrations at being mistaken for uber

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-14, 04:03 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, I'd suggest turning on your auto-lock feature. Most US-market Lexuses have that turned on from the factory. Most Euro-market cars don't. Note that you can't lock yourself out because it works by locking the doors either when you reach a certain speed or when you put the transmission in gear. Either way, that event is not going to happen while you're outside the car checking something.

On most cars you can configure whether you want the doors to lock at a certain speed or to lock when you put the transmission in gear... or you can turn off auto-locking altogether.

Our app, Carista, can do it for supported Lexus models.
Old 08-22-14, 04:26 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Just reading up on Uber as I was not aware this service until now. Sounds like the issue here is no indication the driver's vehicle is from Uber, unlike a Taxi that can have a roof sign or vinyl wrapped signs on the body.

Understandably, if putting something tacky on the premium car's body is not appropriate on the personally owned vehicle, here's my suggestion to Uber to appease the driver complaints: provide a roll-up sign that the driver can suction cup to the side rear window like a sun shade roll-up. It can be rolled up when not in use or if the passenger prefers to roll it up after pickup. No ambiguities or headaches for both the customer and the driver.
Old 08-22-14, 06:57 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Apparently the sarcasm of my post flew right over your head. Imbecile, moron, dolt, cretin, those were all terms used by early psychologists to label people with various mental and developmental disabilities/ issues. The preferred term retarded came around in the middle 20th century to take the stigma out of those antiquated medical terms, then retarded became non-pc by the 80's/90's.

Yes, in the early 20th century, at mental hospitals, they would label people of less than average IQ a moron or imbecile.

Now what the heck was this thread about????

Yes, it went way over my head.