Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

To sell or not to sell.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-14, 12:59 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To sell or not to sell.

I currently drive a gold 2006 Land Cruiser 1FZ-FE GX-R with around 90 thousand miles.

I feel like i have a special connection with my car, but i found one that is almost brand new 2006 with only 27 thousand miles that is exactly like mine but in white.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? I get attached to things and have formed a special bond with this car and had some very nice memories in it, but common sense would dictate i go with the newer one which is practically brand new and has been driven by a pilot only from his home to the airport. I know if i let this go it will be tough to find another one with so little miles that has never been off road ( something rare because i live in a desert environment )

I will need to sell my Cruiser and would only pay a very small amount in order to get the one that is almost brand new. Also, everything from my current LC can be bolted on to my future rig..

My current rig has no problems and i feel comfortable with it, it is already set up the way i like.

What do you think?
Stay with my beloved vehicle or part ways and move on to something that is almost brand new and possibly have an even better/longer experience ( not that mileage matters for Cruisers, but i mean it is practically brand new.....)

This thread might seem pointless, but i thought i should share my thoughts with my fellow Club Lexus members in Car Chat.

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 04-06-14 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 01:25 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, I wouldnt bother. As long as its maintained itll be good to you. Id stay with it. Ive seen many GS's like mine with a fraction of the mileage but I could never get rid of it.
Old 04-06-14, 01:51 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Land Cruisers run for ever and i I guess the reason i thought of this is because instead of getting a newer vehicle i can get something that is just like i'm used to but with that fresh of the lot feel to it.. It even has factory papers on the window and factory plastic around the speakers. I will take it for a longer test drive and have another thorough inspection done by my trusted mechanic.

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 04-06-14 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 02:49 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Sounds like a true guy problem, the same situation could relate to a wife/girlfriend LOL.
Old 04-06-14, 04:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
I currently drive a gold 2006 Land Cruiser 1FZ-FE GX-R with around 90 thousand miles.

I feel like i have a special connection with my car, but i found one that is almost brand new 2006 with only 27 thousand miles that is exactly like mine but in white.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? I get attached to things and have formed a special bond with this car and had some very nice memories in it, but common sense would dictate i go with the newer one which is practically brand new and has been driven by a pilot only from his home to the airport. I know if i let this go it will be tough to find another one with so little miles that has never been off road ( something rare because i live in a desert environment )

I will need to sell my Cruiser and would only pay a very small amount in order to get the one that is almost brand new. Also, everything from my current LC can be bolted on to my future rig..

My current rig has no problems and i feel comfortable with it, it is already set up the way i like.

What do you think?
Stay with my beloved vehicle or part ways and move on to something that is almost brand new and possibly have an even better/longer experience ( not that mileage matters for Cruisers, but i mean it is practically brand new.....)

This thread might seem pointless, but i thought i should share my thoughts with my fellow Club Lexus members in Car Chat.
Happens to many enthusiasts and people in general. Especially when it's your first car etc..
Old 04-06-14, 04:19 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cars don't take half.

Originally Posted by tecman
Sounds like a true guy problem, the same situation could relate to a wife/girlfriend LOL.
The only difference is the cost of the transaction. You can trade one car for another for a relatively small cost whereas doing the wife trade thing usually costs you at least half your assets and involves mucho drama.

Regarding the OP, I'd have the same dilemma. You've cared for your Gold LC as if you were going to keep it forever, while the lower miles on the White LC are tempting. I'd probably lean toward saving the cash and sticking with the known entity that is your Gold LC.

Best of luck!
Old 04-06-14, 07:04 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I say DO IT - (because I love most vehicles in white!)

this way you can essentially keep your same beloved vehicle while having it refreshed and renewed!
Old 04-06-14, 08:23 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With how new the white LC seems to be, and minimum transaction fee; I would suggest doing it for sure!
Old 04-07-14, 02:53 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

If it had the V8 option, I'd trade it in. Same motor, same options, different color but 60k less miles, screw it.

IMO the Land Cruiser is one of those types of trucks that is meant to have the wheels driven off of it. 90k miles on one of these things is barely broken in. Buddy has an 83 Land Cruiser 60, 300k miles on it, original engine/transmission.