Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cheapest insurance for a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-13, 06:06 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Geico was more expensive than State Farm for my '11 IS F. Also, State Farm gave me huge bundling discounts for including stuff like homeowner's, so if you want other types of insurance, you could look into that possibility.

I used to use Geico a few years back, but I dumped them after the hassles getting a claim paid out. It eventually took 7 months (!) to get my check, which was mostly them dragging their feet, sending me requests via snail mail for more info (which they already had), ignoring my phone calls and e-mails, etc. etc.

As I noted in the LFA forum, Geico did give me a ridiculously low quote for the LFA, but I think the salesperson I spoke to put in the information wrong.
Old 12-15-13, 06:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Also, State Farm gave me huge bundling discounts for including stuff like homeowner's, so if you want other types of insurance, you could look into that possibility.
It's common for insurance companies to offer a multi-car or combination car/home discounts, if you insure multiple things with them. GEICO, Allstate, and others do the same.

Geico was more expensive than State Farm for my '11 IS F.

I used to use Geico a few years back, but I dumped them after the hassles getting a claim paid out. It eventually took 7 months (!) to get my check, which was mostly them dragging their feet, sending me requests via snail mail for more info (which they already had), ignoring my phone calls and e-mails, etc. etc.
Sorry to hear you had trouble with them. GEICO has always treated me like royalty.....and, when I did need a claim for any reason, operated just like clockwork. Like some other companies, they also give first-accident forgiveness and a waiver on the premuim-increase if your record is otherwise clean for five years.

As I noted in the LFA forum, Geico did give me a ridiculously low quote for the LFA, but I think the salesperson I spoke to put in the information wrong.
Did you ever actually own or lease an LF-A? (I don't usually follow that forum). If so, not many people can say that. Perhaps the most famous LF-A in the news was the yellow one that Paris Hilton's boyfriend gave her as a gift....I posted some images of that one here in CAR CHAT.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-15-13 at 07:01 PM.