Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What step next ICBC may write off but they are playing the game....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-13, 08:39 PM
rena
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What step next ICBC may write off but they are playing the game....

So my car was in an accident. Its a GS430 black on black with all the perks including navi. So with the damage (i would be making them pay for the catylic convertor because it was fine before the accident) it would be about 8200. I decided i wanted it written off and told them that. I cannot sell this car with this much damage. I had it on craigs list (which i can prove) for 19,000.

I get a call from ICBC today who said that they value the car at about 12,000. And so since i wanted it written off they would give me salvage and then put the car up for sale? and I would get what they sell it for? Basically sounds like they may give me 10,000.. NOT likely... Makes NO sense to me at all. I then told her that there is NO car in Canada like mine. Its black on black and has EVERY option available so I said i dont know where they got that estimate but that does not work for me as they have to have another car to compare it to and well, they cant.
I said I want pretty much as close to 15000 as possible. I also told her that i have been down this road before where they said they were only going to offer so much on a car i had gotten into an accident with last year so I know how this works and I want to go higher up.
When she saw I would not budge she said she was only an estimator and her hands were tied. I said I know that but I wont accept her offer and I also said either way the catylic convertor would be fixed either way. So anyone else gone through this and can tell me what they did?