Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Maserati Ghibli

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-13, 05:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by trexlexus
Maser may not be as ultra expensive as a Ferrari or Bentley, but it is still out of reach of most of the population that buys into Lexus, MB, and BMW. I mean i find it hard to believe someone will cross shop a 6/SC/Sl with a Maserati GT. The high performance versions of the mainstream luxuries may be cross shopped, but again that is a small group comparatively. Same issue with a 7/S/LS vs. QP.

Thus Maserati's status is at a slightly higher level. Agreed?

And i do not know about you, but other than the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, I do not know of any company that offers a head to head with Maserati in terms of form/price bracket.
Maserati's and Aston Martin's go together like PB&J
Old 04-09-13, 09:38 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UDel
Not digging the interior at all, it looks plain and not really upscale at all, this car will most likely carry a pretty hefty premium over the average mid level luxury sedan. That interior design looks like it could be on a entry level small sedan or mid level SUV. Exterior is nice. I have read the new Quattroporte interior has taken a stop down in quality and is using much more cheap Chrysler parts, I am not a fan of its interior design either but the exterior looks pretty nice.
Is this because the entry or mid level sedans or SUVs have stepped up their game?
Old 04-09-13, 09:52 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Not digging that back end
Old 04-09-13, 10:12 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really liked it until i saw how similar it was to the Bimmer.
Old 04-10-13, 12:11 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Hideous!

Old 04-04-14, 08:09 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Review Bashes Maserati Ghibli, Says it's Not a Recommendable Car

You usually buy a Mercedes E-Class-sized saloon partly to make sure there’s a lot of space inside for people and their luggage, and partly because you want to be seen in it. Most models in the class do a reasonable job of blending the two, with obvious biases towards one side of the argument, or the other.

In the case of the Ghibli, though, Maserati seems to have all but neglected the practical side and made some inexcusable mistakes in the thought process behind the creation of the car, at least according to the latest CarBuyer review.

Host Mat Watson is adamant that the car’s steering is rubbish, the gear selector is confusing, the space in the back and in the trunk is poor, the reliability can’t be as good as the Germans’ and it doesn’t ride very well, whichever suspension setup you go for.

In his view, the only reason to buy the Ghibli is for the badge, the look and the engine note, but that’s hard to justify since it’s noticeably more expensive than its main rivals and it lacks their bewildering variety of engines.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/rev...i-says-it.html
Old 04-04-14, 08:19 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Nevertheless these things are selling like hotcakes in the D.C. area. I've seen a few of them already both at work and in my neighborhood. They do sound good!
Old 04-04-14, 10:34 AM
Hoovey689

Funny I saw two in a day as well in my area. Another alternative to your typical slew of German and British Euro competitors. Instead Maserati sought fit to offer a more affordable and still more exclusive Italian sedan
Old 05-27-14, 10:55 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Quirks Aside, CNET Likes the Maserati Ghibli

If you want to define contrasts, then queue up a half-dozen video reviews of the Maserati Ghibli. The ratings the car will receive in them range from stellar to abysmal all quoting a very wide range of pros and cons to the point where you almost think some reviewed a different car to others.
Brian Cooley’s review for CNET is balanced. It doesn’t bash the car for its faults, doesn’t say it drives badly and praises it for being stylish inside and out, as well as sounding like a proper Maserati.

He also appreciates the response of the gearbox, the surge provided by the engine (once the turbos have spooled up, at over 2,500 rpm) and relative efficiency for the performance it provides (it achieves a claimed 25 mpg US on the highway).

There’s obviously no hiding the fact that it’s not the best at carrying people in the back, and if the driver is really tall, only the leg-less kind will fit right behind…

Whichever way you look at it, though, the Ghibli is a revelation in the Maserati range, and while it’s not perfect now, there’s nothing preventing the manufacturer from fixing all the little niggles and quirks as part of a facelift in 2-3 years’ time, like all self-respecting manufacturers (should) do.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/qui...ti-ghibli.html
Old 05-27-14, 11:15 AM
LexFather

My wife loves it. Yup that red leather again lol.

Very popular around Miami and some pretty aggressive leases going for Maserati. I see quite a few around.

Old 05-27-14, 01:26 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Maserati's latest Ghibli marks a resurgence for the carmaker from being a rather obscure little cousin of Ferrari to a full-blown competitor to BMW, Audi, and Mercedes on the high end.
Old 06-13-14, 06:37 PM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
My wife loves it. Yup that red leather again lol.

Very popular around Miami and some pretty aggressive leases going for Maserati. I see quite a few around.
With their reliability and depreciation leasing is the way to go
Old 09-18-14, 06:16 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default This is What Wald Wants to do to the Maserati Ghibli

Maserati's reawakening has inspired Japanese tuning firm Wald International to give the new Ghibli sport sedan a more forceful appearance.

It's still in the development phase, but Wald has provided us with a set of digitally-made photos to preview the new Black Bison styling program that should become available within the next few months.

Wald gave the Ghibli a more aggressive stance through a lowered suspension, bigger alloy wheels and tires, and a host of aero modifications. The latter include a new front bumper with a more prominent lower grille and LED daytime running lamps, side skirts, a boot lid spoiler and a redesigned rear bumper with a diffuser and quad pipes.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/thi...-to-do-to.html
Old 09-18-14, 02:13 PM
Hoovey689

Kinda odd little fog/LED DRL's but otherwise a nice kit.
Old 10-10-14, 07:05 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Maserati Ghibli Gets Stylish Ermenegildo Zegna Edition in Paris

Following in the footsteps of the Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna limited edition of which just 100 units were made, the Maserati Ghibli has also received the Ermenegildo Zegna touch.

Based on the Ghibli S Q4, the show car unveiled at the Paris Auto Show was designed in collaboration with fashion powerhouse Ermenegildo Zegna features a tri-coated Azzurro Astro paint finish in a new color shade and 20-inch Urano wheels painted in a specially developed Liquid Metal color.

Previewing a limited edition production model, the Ghibli Ermenegildo Zegna Concept features a lot more upgrades in the cabin, where highlights include the dual-color, dual-material composition in leather tones and Zegna anthracite silk.

The natural color leather of Poltrona Frau is matched with Ermenegildo Zegna’s micro-chevron silk weave, in a striking pattern. The seats feature contrasting, light grey stitching matched to a central silk insert with a micro-chevron weave of vertical rolls on the central seat and backrest area.

The door panels feature Zegna silk Jersey and are embellished by a diagonal roll pattern. The same fabric covers the car’s roof lining, top pillars and sunshades, carrying “Ermenegildo Zegna Exclusively for Maserati” brand labels on the inside. The headrests feature an embroidered Trident emblem and contrasting stitching.

Other styling touches are the decorative inserts in glossy carbon fiber applied to the massive central tunnel and door panels. Black mat covers with leather insert and the embroidered Ghibli name, door sill plates with the Maserati logo and an exclusive Ermenegildo Zegna Edition plate on the external central pillar and tunnel between the front seats complete the changes.

The Maserati Ghibli Ermenegildo Zegna Concept is powered by the 410hp V6 Twin-Turbo engine and features the “Q4” four-wheel drive system, 0 to 100 km/h takes just 4.8 seconds, with the top speed rated at 284 km/h (176 mph).
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/mas...s-stylish.html

Quick Reply: 2014 Maserati Ghibli