Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MM Full-Review: 2013 Buick Encore

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 10:16 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Kudos to Buick for leading the way in testing the waters for small luxury vehicles. If it works out they have a foothold, if not the investment hasn't been too great.
Old 03-18-13, 10:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Kudos to Buick for leading the way in testing the waters for small luxury vehicles.

If it works out they have a foothold, if not the investment hasn't been too great.
Many people today want the quietness/refinement of a traditional full-size or American luxury-vehicle, whether sedan or SUV, without the hassles of gas-guzzling or trying to manuver and park it at close quarters, in and out of a lot of today's sometimes insane urban/suburban traffic. It's also no secret that the huge potential Chinese market is a big factor for Buick, where the brand, deserving or not, is considered a true prestige-car.
Old 03-18-13, 11:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
I think the Verano has too much of the "old GM" in it for my liking. The manual seat recline screams "cheap" as does the crude body panel seam finish. Pop open the trunk and look along the quarter panels' seams to see what I'm talking about. All of the best GM models are, at best, still 90-percent efforts, unfortunately.
i don't mind manual seat recline at all and in fact prefer it to power (too slow). about the trunk quarter panels - yeah that's the first thing i worry about in a car (not). i think the verano is VERY nice, esp. for the $. comfortable, quiet, efficient.

Originally Posted by rogers2
I one of my close friends just purchase a Verano. As usual I dismiss the vehicle when he told me about it but after taking a ride in the vehicle and touch/seeing the interior i'm convince it's a very nice vehicle. I especially luv the interior layout with the blue lights.
exactly.

anyway, this thread is about the encore, although in many ways as mentioned it seems like a tall verano.
Old 03-18-13, 12:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
, quiet, efficient.

exactly.

anyway, this thread is about the encore, although in many ways as mentioned it seems like a tall verano.
The Encore has a lot more versatility than the Verano...that almost goes without saying. But it could use the Verano's engine....or, better yet, GM's N/A 2.5L four. I didn't test the Encore fully-loaded, but I have some doubts if that little buzz-mill turbo 1.4 can handle it. (heck, my size alone is the better part of two normal adults) .