2015 Hyundai Genesis Spy Shots

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-12, 05:39 AM   #46
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDFantasy View Post
I'm very curious to hear your humble opinion on why the 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan looks so blatantly like a BMW. Even with the camo, one can visibly see blatant BMW styling cues. Is Hyundai not capable of original design?
it really doesn't bother me if it looks like a bmw. the equus has some similarity to an LS460 too, but when looked closely they're pretty different. in the '14 equus thread though we saw that it has a new shifter that looks very similar to a bmw. personally i think it's a mistake to blatantly copy because just when the copy is launched the original will launch something new and the copy will end up looking dated.

but there's so many similarities among so many models and brands these days, i'm over who appears to be copying whom.

dictates of economy, space, function, prevailing tastes will inevitably produce similarities.

from what i can tell though, this new genesis looks great. long wheelbase, great wheel fitment, short front overhang.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
Old 12-05-12, 07:31 AM   #47
Lexuslvr91
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

I think even if this was the most original car to come out it would still be compared to some other car of some kind simply because of who the head company is. Remember when the GS first came out all you heard was the front looked like Predator, the sides looked just like the 5-series even though it dated back to the 1GS and of course that the rear looked like the Hyundai Sonata. Not only does the GS look better than the 5-Series it is one of the more original cars in the class.

So apparently the main argument made for this version of the Genesis is that the profile resembles BMW, meaning a long dash to axle ratio, short front overhangs and a rakish roofline. An argument could be made that that would also include the E-class. I think that is a welcome change over the current model's upright "classic luxury" profile.

All in all it should be better in nearly every way than the current version.
Old 12-05-12, 07:31 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
2014, 460, dh, genesis, hyundai, lexus, lf, luxury, photos, r-spec, sedan, shots, sonata, spied, spy, spyshots