Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Nissan Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-12, 09:03 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
always liked the newer Z's.. being 6'' with a slight stocky build makes the car less comfortable for me.. the new one will definitely be interesting
Dude, you're 6 inches tall? Cool!
Old 07-13-12, 09:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

fixed lol...
Old 07-13-12, 09:35 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

I hope they go Turbo. I owned a 2003 Z for under a year, the car had no soul so I sold it. Interior was so awful too except my burnt orange seats . I got a Audi TT, its amazing how even though it has less power so much more fun to drive with AWD and a turbo. Personally I think Nissan tried to rip off the Audi TT's styling with the 2002 Z.
Old 07-14-12, 07:33 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with making it lighter is having that cheap and uncomfortable feel for the interior to keep the weight down and price. However, I believe they should have weight reduced items for those who want that to appeal to a larger market.
Old 07-16-12, 07:10 AM
R1cky
Rookie

380 z?????
Old 07-16-12, 08:00 AM
LexFather

I have a soft spot for the Z b/c when Honda/Toyota had their heads up their asses in regards to sports cars, Nissan brought the Z which had a pretty amazing price and power and looks. Sure the interior was cheap or not great (the current one is a step up) but hey its a sports car that shares with many other vehicles. Going to meets/shows its always great to see all the Z's around. Initially I wasn't too in love with them but over time I can only applaud the vehicle(s).

Like many the 1990s Z is my favorite.

In reading about the next Skyline/G they also state its going to be lighter and less wide, smaller so it sounds like this is accurate news about the Z since they share the same platform. I'm sure the next one will be a great vehicle just like the current one.

Old 07-17-12, 08:36 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Nissan Working on Mini-Z to target FR-S/BRZ
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...arget_frs_brz/
All-New Compact Turbo Coupe Promises Affordable Performance

On the heels of Nissan's recent motorsport successes -- a factory-backed GT-R placed first in class at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and the radical DeltaWing stole the show at the 24 Hours of Le Mans -- comes news that executives have finally given the green light for a compact sports car known in house as the "Mini-Z." It's not a new rear-drive Silvia/240SX -- that project was cancelled in late 2008 during the financial crisis. Instead, it's a compact, front-drive-based sports car that will be aimed squarely at the Toyota 86/Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ.

Plans for such a car were first revealed at last year's Shanghai auto show in the form of the Compact Sports Concept. The company spiel called it a unique sports car for drivers in emerging markets leading active lifestyles with an interest in motorsport, but we can expect to see it in established markets as well. As you can see in this rendering that depicts what the car may turn out to be, it has morphed from a sporty hatch into an aggressive coupe. There is also word that there will be an AWD version to go with the base FWD variant, based on the Juke's all-mode 4x4 i-system with torque vectoring.

Though Nissan didn't reveal the concept's powertrain in Shanghai, we've learned it was fitted with the 190-hp, 1.6-liter turbo-four from the Nissan Juke that also served as base for the engine in the DeltaWing. Though the engine gives up some power to the 200-hp flat-four in the Toyobaru, it's said to have a wider torque band with stronger mid-range and top-end response.

China is thought to be the car's main market, but Japan and some European countries are destined to receive small batches as well, with the U.S. still under consideration. Price-wise, the Nissan is expected to undercut the Toyota and Subaru by as much as 10 percent, carrying a sticker price somewhere below $22,000. Nissan will be able to cut production costs and weight by incorporating the current Juke's platform and turbo powertrain. Another major difference will be design. The Mini-Z coupe is expected to follow in the Juke's footsteps and employ some unique lines, eschewing the traditional sports car proportions of the Toyobaru. One insider says the Nissan will be close in size to the Honda CR-Z.

The project was conceived as a joint Japan-China endeavor, with Japan taking the R&D initiative while China worked on design and data assembly, according to a source close to Nissan. It has since been approved by all the relevant departments inside Nissan's HQ, and, according to our source, is well into the development cycle with a debut possible as early as late 2013.

^Not what the next Z is going to look like. It's somebody's guess.
Old 07-17-12, 04:34 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

"it's a compact, front-drive-based sports car" ....so it's basically a velostor competitor? /sigh
Old 07-17-12, 06:01 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So essentially this (mini-Z) will be a model slotted below the Z? Not bad!
Old 07-17-12, 10:17 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

first off that render is disgusting, did someone buy Mitsubishi's failed "Eclipse" molds?

The 90's TT Z will always have a sweet spot in my heart.
Old 01-20-14, 09:31 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Smaller Nissan Z car planned

Nissan officials plan a new Z car, although it will be smaller than the current offering and will use turbo power

Nissan’s next Z car "could be smaller", says design boss Shiro Nakamura, and will be powered by a downsized four-cylinder turbocharged engine, according to product chief Andy Palmer.

It will also be a car of slightly different character to the current model and its predecessor, says Nakamura, because "we can’t do the same thing three times".

But although "a new Z will happen", says Palmer, its design has yet to be decided. Palmer also confirms that there will be "a normal version, and a Nismo", Nissan is keen to develop its performance sub-brand as part of its re-orientation as the sportier manufacturer that it has been in previous eras.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/de...-z-car-planned
Old 01-20-14, 09:34 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I think the next Z will take styling cues from the EsFlow concept.

2015 Nissan Z-tuzwb.jpg
Old 01-20-14, 09:36 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nissan better put her back in the womb, she's not done yet.
Old 01-20-14, 09:40 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Old 01-20-14, 09:47 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they're going to build those crazy retro small coupes like they say they are, then Nissan doesn't really have to make the Z any smaller... .

Quick Reply: 2015 Nissan Z