Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus owners are a unique bunch of ppl

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-12, 04:07 AM
MaxBe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus owners are a unique bunch of ppl

Hey guys so I have been roaming this forum but never joined cos I do not own a Lexus. I must say that you guys seem like great bunch of guys. I get the impression that its a community that is more open to helping others who share a passion for Lexus cars.

I notice that if anyone had a problem there are people who are willing to share what they have done or where they get parts from. I own a MB and go to mb forums and it seems like there are so few who are willing to offer their knowledge on basic DIY jobs that are quite hard if you do not know what to do.

The amount of problems i see people posting on the MB forum is worrying however when I come to this forum seems like you guys have much less problems and if i recall most of the problems with the ISF (when i was reading about it) were all covered by warranty. Having said that I'm sure Lexus do have problems as well but doesn't seem as bad as MB.

I do get the feeling that people on the mb forum are snobs But my ML is quite a cool looking car!!!! its diesel has so much torque!!

Well anyways i hope to own a Lexus one day and hope to see more cool products like the new GS and ES and LFA and can't wait til Lexus produces more exciting products and can differenciate itself from the more bland Toyota products. (I'm so tired of people calling Lexus a dressed up Toyota)

I'm excited for the new IS and RX and hoping that something is done to the GX and LX. Because visually they aren't that much different to Prado and Landcruiser.

I also really like Toyota ( i know their the same company) because we owned and still do a Toyota Estima and its still going at close to 300k and to this day has not had one single problem!!!! Other than a small leak in a pipe and me trying to replace the coolant myself and totally screwing it up. All we have done is change the oil and filter. We use something like 5w-30 oil and it doesn't smoke at all

Thank you to all you Lexus owners for being champs and a good bunch of dudes, hope to one day be able to seek out help from all the friendly people here Hmm i really want a GS F SPORT or LFA hahah!!

Last edited by MaxBe; 06-26-12 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-26-12, 05:18 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome & thanks. When I was shopping for an 83-85 300D a few years ago, I found the following forum to be excellent without the snobbish behavior. Their diesel section is awesome.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/
Old 06-26-12, 10:11 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard! WE also have a 2010 Mercedes ML350 and we love it. Plan to trade it in for a 2013 Ml350 Bluetec diesel for more power and mpg. I have a 2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport that I got after trading in a 2011 BMW 5 series which I hated. I am enjoying my GS F-Sport. Yes, Lexus is bringing its "A" game here and I am excited to see how the newer models will turn out.
Old 06-26-12, 12:07 PM
LexFather

You're Welcome and welcome aboard!

Old 06-26-12, 12:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

these guys are unique,,,, i like the sarcasm and humor on this forum. these guys are also very helpful whether you need it or not. if i have a question about anything Lexus,,, i always get a ton of answers. Yeah,,, these dudes are top notch. if you have a problem i.e. someone hit your car etc. you receive a ton of support. Yeah,,, these dudes are the truth.
Old 06-26-12, 07:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,502 Likes on 1,645 Posts

(moved to car chat - not 4gs specific)
Old 06-26-12, 07:44 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

welcome to the forums!

clublexus has wealths of knowledge if you do proper searching and the members are always here to help!

IMHO, the lexus forums (because of the toyota/lexus cars) are just naturally easier cars to work on.

Mercedes, BMW cars are harder to do DIY's and everything is covered through warranties so people dont really worry about.
Old 06-26-12, 08:02 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome! Yup were one big family. Part of what makes us different is local chapters of CL actually get together. So there's actually faces behind the SN's

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-thread-6.html
Old 06-26-12, 08:04 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

welcome to da club!!...and yes i also agree with 1sWt2GS comments
Old 06-26-12, 08:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Welcome to CL. Glad to have you.

In this particular forum (CAR CHAT), we discuss, around-the-clock 24/7, any vehicle on four wheels (sometimes two or three wheels) and their manufacturers, not just Lexus products. But, of course, if desired, we also have separate forums/threads for Lexus-specific vehicles.
Old 06-26-12, 09:07 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, I, too find that Lexus people, especially CL members are the most friendly and helpful people of all car forums.
Old 06-26-12, 09:28 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the club man. I'm on MBWorld because i almost bought a E550 and some of the members on there are snobs and have no knowledge on their cars. I'm on Bimmerforums because i ended up getting a 535i and the BMW guys are a little bit better but still are similar.
Old 06-26-12, 10:45 PM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Welcome aboard.

We are a multi brand owners so don't think we just own lexus only.

I still hung around when I didn't have any lexus (briefly) at one time..........I can never leave this place.

MBworld is great info for the repairs
I find that as long as you don't mention toyota or lexus, you should be fine.

Like MMarshall said, Car chat is where it's at when you don't have a lexus-specific car.
Clubhouse is great also.
Old 06-27-12, 12:31 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Welcome! Your observations are pretty accurate. The people here at CL are very cool, friendly, and helpful. I've also been a part of some German car forums and found them to be decent too, just not quite as friendly. One thing I noticed is CL people seem to be a bit younger, so perhaps that explains the less stuffy attitude. Or at least with the IS forum.
Old 06-27-12, 01:15 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Welcome! Your observations are pretty accurate. The people here at CL are very cool, friendly, and helpful. I've also been a part of some German car forums and found them to be decent too, just not quite as friendly. One thing I noticed is CL people seem to be a bit younger, so perhaps that explains the less stuffy attitude. Or at least with the IS forum.
Right. I'm 23, and I'm an IS owner. However, I rarely visit IS forum, but i'm like 24/7 here at the car chat. LOL

Quick Reply: Lexus owners are a unique bunch of ppl