5th-gen LS spied on the road - Page 5 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

5th-gen LS spied on the road

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-12, 12:06 AM   #61
cino
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
I am excited to see the next gen LS. I have a feeling I will end up with another LS in the future.
I will end up with the latest LS when I'm 45+. LOL I'm 23 now.
cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 01:34 AM   #62
mordecai
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 572
Default

The new LS looks more "muscular" already, unless those are just camouflage padding I'm seeing.

Also, if the rumors of this being a refresh is true I guess Lexus is beginning to do more dramatic refreshes of their cars, not unlike BMW's "Life Cycle Impulse" where they introduce glimpses of their next generation vehicles on their current generation. Lexus has already done this on the RX and LX, and soon on the CT F-sport.
mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 02:41 AM   #63
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladi View Post
I just want that GS300h with 230-250hp and 35 MPG combined in F-Sport trim
That would be nice wouldn't it. Somehow the product planners here in the United States don't seem to grasp the F Sport and Hybrid idea unlike the rest of the world (example, US Spec CT F Sport...bumpers). I understand there is a cost factor associated with those decisions but if you don't built it, they will never come. People will pay the money for premium products. People will look elsewhere if the offerings are just mediocre.
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 06:40 AM   #64
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,017
Default

^^^ amen! ....
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 06:44 AM   #65
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk1 View Post
What does that really have to do with anything? I only registered here two months ago to provide the teaser images, so I have no idea how I'm "new" really affects or detracts from longtime knowledge that I've had of Lexus products. Am I not to be trusted? I do not work for Lexus, so like everyone else I am not going to know whether they are extensively facelifting or redesigning it with evolutionary styling, from information based on a heavily disguised and until recently, a very secretly kept vehicle. A lot of people have already stated that the idea of them facelifting it twice is unlikely and is only going help competitors like Mercedes-Benz. Lexus NEVER tests facelifts this extensively, they simply unveil them when the time comes. Only their next generation models see this type of testing. My verdict has always been that it is evolutionary, as is the upcoming IS(XE30).
You took that way personal All I'm saying is I stated this quite sometime ago and "newbs" like to spout their opinion and not listen to those that might know a thing or two. Its not like I argued with them or anyone that said the LS was going to be completely new. So welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
cmk, your posts are very welcome here, just keep it up
I know it is, b/c I said so

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside909 View Post
That would be nice wouldn't it. Somehow the product planners here in the United States don't seem to grasp the F Sport and Hybrid idea unlike the rest of the world (example, US Spec CT F Sport...bumpers). I understand there is a cost factor associated with those decisions but if you don't built it, they will never come. People will pay the money for premium products. People will look elsewhere if the offerings are just mediocre.
Its ridiculous. Can't get F-sport hybrids here outside the CT. Lexus has completely boxed hybrid owners here as only green hippies who only care about bamboo wood and not taking showers and living in tree houses to save the environment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 02:49 PM   #66
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Slvr surfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: dc
Posts: 1,281
Default

Actually a two hybrid setups would be nice. A performance hybrid topping the range(LS600h), the regular V8 for traditional buyers (LS460/500), and a mpg hybrid geared towards fuel economy(LS400h). Not sure Lexus would like that idea because pricing the V8 and the mpg hybrid may prove difficult.
Slvr surfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 03:48 PM   #67
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 21,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cino View Post
I will end up with the latest LS when I'm 45+. LOL I'm 23 now.
LOL. Stay in school bro. Put your head in the books and do not look around you will achieve what you want in life just make sure to NEVER take your eyes off the prize. I have many friends who got side tracked because they were dating a girl they didn't want to leave behind to go to grad school. I always say [B]" you can always lose money chasing women, but you will never lose women chasing money".

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-05-12 at 03:52 PM.
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 04:02 PM   #68
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr surfr View Post
Actually a two hybrid setups would be nice. A performance hybrid topping the range(LS600h), the regular V8 for traditional buyers (LS460/500), and a mpg hybrid geared towards fuel economy(LS400h). Not sure Lexus would like that idea because pricing the V8 and the mpg hybrid may prove difficult.
well there will probably be 450h and 600h...
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 04:48 PM   #69
cino
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
LOL. Stay in school bro. Put your head in the books and do not look around you will achieve what you want in life just make sure to NEVER take your eyes off the prize. I have many friends who got side tracked because they were dating a girl they didn't want to leave behind to go to grad school. I always say [B]" you can always lose money chasing women, but you will never lose women chasing money".
QFT. LOL
Well, I will be on my second degree next year, so don't you worry.
cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:29 AM   #70
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
YLexus has completely boxed hybrid owners here as only green hippies who only care about bamboo wood and not taking showers and living in tree houses to save the environment.
ROFL thanks for the laughs.
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:37 AM   #71
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 9,021
Default

I wonder what it would take for Lexus to give is GS 450h F-Sport, RX 450h F-Sport, etc.
MPLexus301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 11:13 AM   #72
Blackraven
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 3,459
Default

I still can't help thinking and daydreaming of an LS-F hahaha

Anyways, what can we expect in terms of features? Here's what I'm guessing:
-Upgrades to an already amazing Mark Levinson reference sound system (20 speakers at bare minimum and probably increase in output plus Greenedge speakers)
-completely digital instrument panel display (this will probably be an extension of what we see in the current LS Hybrid and so forth)
-paddle shifters as standard equipment (even for non Sport models)
-Rear entertainment system will now have two screens (we've seen this in the latest LX570 facelift)

Hehe I can't think of the rest

Blackraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 11:28 AM   #73
ydooby
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
I still can't help thinking and daydreaming of an LS-F hahaha

Anyways, what can we expect in terms of features? Here's what I'm guessing:
-Upgrades to an already amazing Mark Levinson reference sound system (20 speakers at bare minimum and probably increase in output plus Greenedge speakers)
-completely digital instrument panel display (this will probably be an extension of what we see in the current LS Hybrid and so forth)
-paddle shifters as standard equipment (even for non Sport models)
-Rear entertainment system will now have two screens (we've seen this in the latest LX570 facelift)

Hehe I can't think of the rest

If the RSES can be moved to the two headrests then the LS can finally have a panoramic sunroof...
ydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 12:02 PM   #74
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydooby View Post
If the RSES can be moved to the two headrests then the LS can finally have a panoramic sunroof...
I personally been in a LS 460 swb with the SAME EXACT setup of the dual screens like in the LX & RX. was shocked to see it like that but it was in there, not mounted in the headrest but a screen like the the SUVs
AJL0365 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread flipside909 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 425 Yesterday 07:22 AM
New Chapter, New Journey 2013 #GSFsport Nebula Gray w/Cabernet flipside909 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 74 07-24-12 10:24 AM
Toyotafest 2012 - Aftermath flipside909 CL of Southern California 51 05-29-12 12:56 AM
LFA #P014 Pearl Yellow & Friends @ Toyotafest 2012 flipside909 LFA Model (2012) 6 05-15-12 09:00 AM
A little San Diego Supra meet action. DasBach SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 19 07-31-08 10:31 AM


Tags
2013, 2014, 460, 5th, club, gen, generation, lexus, ls, ls600h, lsf, redesign, sc, spied, xf50

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved