Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New pics show 2013 Nissan Altima from all the angles

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-12, 10:31 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
fixed for accuracy. I hope you are praying hard the new Accord isn't a hot mess like every new release outside the CR-V. its already getting ousold by cars not the Camry some months. At least the Camry still sells #1

I hate to say it but with every new release from the competition the Camry seems so slab-sided and utterly dull that I am quite astounded at how well it sells. The SE does pick up things.

This new Altima on paper is my favorite in class now. On paper, I honestly think its utterly superb.
Honda needs to step up its game obviously. The world knows that. But you're looking at sales in the wrong way. If Honda wants to sell Accords, it can with ease. It increased its incentives like Nissan has done and it sold 35k last month. Honda is known for its low incentives and fleet sales, unlike its competitors.

If Nissan wants to prove it is one of the top sellers in its segment, do so without very high incentives, which is what it had been doing since the natural disasters to become #2 in the segment (I mean REALLY HIGH INCENTIVES).

Look for the Accords to sell another 30-35k+ plus this month b/c they're clearing out inventory.

Originally Posted by speedflex
Good points. Doesn't it seem out of character for Toyota to let so many competitors one-up them with this generation. I see so many points where it seems Toyota went loose on the details which is an area where Toyota usually get's almost everything right.
This is the FIRST year of the new generation for Camry.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Honestly and I can't believe I am saying this but it seems the Camry/Civic are selling on past laurels and name and to loyal buyers. At least in the Camry's case its not a bad car, it is as well built as anything in class, surely super reliable, drives better, tons of space etc. However it seems that is no longer enough when the competition continues to seemingly improve by leaps and bounds. Was the Camry that much better in the past? .
And that's the unfortunate thing. Honda has been doing this for over a decade now knowing its "name" will sell b/c "Honda means reliability." But a lot of cars are becoming more reliable, so you need to step your game up. Toyota obviously did it with the Camry, although the interior was much improved. But you show your effort when you see the exterior redesign. Both cars basically was putting on different "makeup" rather completely changing its character exterior-wise. Pretty disappointing.

Although I don't like the new Altima's exterior, at least it tries. And more people like it than not.

Last edited by doublehh03; 05-22-12 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-22-12, 10:52 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doublehh03

This is the FIRST year of the new generation for Camry.

As it will be for the others. Not sure what your point is.
Old 05-22-12, 01:29 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doublehh03
Honda is known for its low incentives and fleet sales, unlike its competitors.
Are you kidding? Where did you get this info from? Honda is definitely NOT known for selling fleet cars. They hardly sell any.