Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Range Rover Evoque Special Edition with Victoria Beckham Makes its Global Debut

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-12, 03:04 PM
modernx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover Evoque Special Edition with Victoria Beckham Makes its Global Debut

A collaboration between British fashion designer Victoria Beckham and the Land Rover Design team, led by Gerry McGovern

Range Rover Evoque Special Edition four-seat coupé featuring bespoke luxury and sporting details

Finest quality materials and craftsmanship

First ever Land Rover to feature exclusive hand-finished matt paint

Santorini gloss black detailing contrasts with stealth-like paintwork

Unique 20" gloss black forged alloy wheels with rose-gold accents
Rose-gold plated grille surround and badging

Soft vintage inspired tan semi-aniline leather interior seats with hand-finished feature stitch, semi-aniline leather door inserts, armrests and cubby lid.

Exclusive rose-gold plated interior accents

Unique and ultra-luxurious mohair floor mats and microsuede headlining

New interior trim materials include Grand black lacquers veneers, textured aluminium and soft-feel black paint

Bespoke four-piece leather luggage set

Hand-sewn leather wallet for owner's manual signed by Victoria Beckham

Powered by the lightweight, all-aluminium 240PS 2.0-litre petrol engine

Four-wheel drive and Land Rover's award-winning Terrain Response® system.

Limited to a maximum of 200 vehicles worldwide with first vehicles allocated to Chinese customers

Range Rover Evoque Special Edition will be hand-finished by Land Rover's Engineering to Order division (ETO)

Indicative pricing is from £79,995 (GBP)

The Range Rover Evoque created the premium compact SUV segment since going on sale in September 2011. Recipient of more than 100 international awards, the Evoque has been an unprecedented global success attracting a whole new group of customers to Land Rover.
Thanks to its unique combination of dramatic design underpinned by the brand's core credentials of capability and luxury, 70% of customers are new to the SUV segment and the Land Rover brand.

Personalisation has formed a key part of the Range Rover Evoque's appeal. Each of the three standard trim levels - Pure, Prestige and Dynamic - can be further individualised with a huge range of options from alloy wheel designs and contrasting roof colours to 16 'Designer Choice' interiors.

Now, Land Rover has extended the principle by offering an exclusively designed Range Rover Evoque Special Edition created as a result of a collaboration between Land Rover Design, led by Gerry McGovern with Victoria Beckham, winner of the coveted Designer Brand of the Year award at the 2011 British Fashion Awards.

Gerry McGovern, Director of Design, Land Rover explains: "The design of Evoque has truly captured the hearts of customers worldwide. Working with Victoria the intention was not to change the fundamental architecture and award winning design of the Range Rover Evoque.

We wanted to create a Special Edition that extends its character in a new direction through understated, restrained colour and detail changes.

"Both Land Rover and Victoria Beckham are British luxury brands with credibility and global appeal, this dual 'Britishness' makes the collaboration even more exciting especially when considering the huge audience for bespoke products around the world, particularly in China, Russia and Brazil where Land Rover is growing".

Victoria Beckham said: "I was very excited to be working with Land Rover as I have an enormous amount of respect for the brand. I've always driven a Range Rover, for me they are the epitome of quality and luxury.

"For me you should feel luxury. My brand is known for quality and workmanship and so is Land Rover. So for me it felt like the perfect collaboration."

/
Old 04-22-12, 03:08 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they really did a great job on this

the market loves suv's, give them a small suv that looks hot, gets reasonable mpg and in this case, give it a price worth paying luxo feel compared to others in the market, winner!

reliability may be another question........
Old 04-22-12, 03:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

nice little campaign
Old 04-22-12, 03:27 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the seats.
Old 04-22-12, 04:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

that is one seriously hawt looking vehicle. just realized it's 2 door
Old 04-22-12, 04:34 PM
JessePS

I saw the normal 4-door version today. Nice touch on the special edition though.
Old 04-22-12, 08:08 PM
LexFather

This vehicle is absolutely stunning in person. RR knows how to design a damn SUV.

Old 04-22-12, 09:15 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

They did a great job on the special edition! man i'm absolutely in love with the evoque.
Old 04-22-12, 10:09 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking car, but I just don't understand people's fascination with Victoria Beckham.

I don't understand celebrity perfume and colognes either........
Old 04-23-12, 06:11 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
Great looking car, but I just don't understand people's fascination with Victoria Beckham.
Undeniably beautiful, Posh, assumed breeding, plastic parts, high maintenance costs?
Old 04-23-12, 08:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Undeniably beautiful, Posh, assumed breeding, plastic parts, high maintenance costs?
I lol'd.....

Old 04-24-12, 08:28 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
She definitely needs to eat some food or something. The car is nice but not for £79,995! Geez.