Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Pre-order a fully loaded 2013 Infiniti JX for 50% off though Gilt.com TODAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-12, 08:15 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pre-order a fully loaded 2013 Infiniti JX for 50% off though Gilt.com TODAY!!!

Got this message though Gilt.com.

Infiniti crafts luxury that refuses to be anything less than extraordinary. With signature Infiniti design, spacious accommodation for 7, and world’s finest innovative technologies, the Infiniti JX redefines versatility for the modern family. In celebration of the 2012 NCAA® Men’s Basketball Tournament, and the launch of the all-new Infiniti JX, Gilt is proud to offer the fully-loaded Infiniti JX at half price to you. Gilt will donate the full retail price of the Infiniti JX to Coaches vs Cancer®.

Gotta order it at Noon, March 12th, EST.

Most likely will sell out in a minute or two.

So, you can probably get this $60,000+ SUV for $30,000. Interesting...
Old 03-11-12, 08:23 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow. Got to love Gilt. it doesnt say, but I would assume only one JX will be available at half price. They also have a deal on tickets to the games.
Old 03-11-12, 08:28 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by GFerg
It doesnt say, but I would assume only one JX will be available at half price.
I'm guesstimating that ten cars will be for sale.

Just a pure guess...
Old 03-11-12, 09:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

gilt site gave no specs at all for the vehicle and infiniti's website took some digging to find anything. looks like a nice vehicle, but 19mpg combined rating? not so great.

but thanks for sharing! half price would make that one sweet deal.
Old 03-11-12, 10:02 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I wonder how they got a promo like that??
Old 03-12-12, 07:25 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw the car in person the other day. It looks like the OLD M35 on the inside....no me gusta....
Old 03-12-12, 07:38 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice find Phil, thanks!
Old 03-12-12, 07:43 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Info from MotorTrend.com:

2013 Infiniti JX Crossover Specs Revealed, Starts at $41,400

When we reported on the Infiniti JX crossover at Pebble Beach back in August, we told you we would have more info on the unwrapped concept at the 2011 Los Angeles auto show. Well, the time has finally arrived, and we have all the vital stats on the luxury crossover.

Powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 that’s paired with a sport-tuned (CVT) continuously variable transmission, the JX produces 265 hp and 248 lb ft of torque. As for fuel economy, Inifinti claims it will achieve EPA ratings of 17 mpg for the city, and 23 mpg for the highway.

The design language on the JX combines styling cues from a trio of Infiniti vehicles. Sitting atop a longer wheelbase, the JX’s long, muscular front end and elongated headlamps resemble the FX, while the roofline and double-arch front grille take from the QX. Aerodynamics play a major role in its design, incorporating a front underbody spoiler, rear spoiler, and rear tire deflectors. Another standout feature includes the sigma-shaped D-pillar, borrowed from the 2009 Essence concept car.

Moving inside, three spacious rows accommodate up to seven passengers, and access to the third row is easy , thanks to a new middle seat design that lets you move the second row forward, even with a child seat latched on. Chrome trim offsets wood accents, and leather seats are standard, as is a seven-inch color display.

New premium features include Backup Collision Intervention (BCI), which helps the driver detect crossing vehicles and objects behind the JX, and even engages the brakes to help avoid a collision if needed. Infiniti Connection is also new, and syncs the owner’s schedule through Google calendar to provide navigation to appointments. Taking it a step further is a telematics-based concierge service, aptly named Infiniti Personal Assistant.

The big announcement? Infiniti has officially priced the 2013 JX, which slots right between the sporty FX crossover and the large QX56 sport-utility. Available in two models, the front-wheel drive model starts at $41,400 (including $950 destination fee), while the all-wheel drive bumps it up to $42,500.Want one? The JX35 is scheduled to arrive in showrooms in spring 2012, but if you want to secure one ahead of time, reservations are being taken now. If you act fast enough, Infiniti will even throw in a pair of Bose noise canceling headphones, or a Bose wireless mobile speaker.
Old 03-12-12, 08:46 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by GFerg
Wow. Got to love Gilt. it doesnt say, but I would assume only one JX will be available at half price. They also have a deal on tickets to the games.
You were right!

Gilt.com support answered back:

There will be one car, so make sure to log on quick! After a $5,000 deposit with Gilt, you will be able to visit your local retailer and select your color for a price of $27,425. Once you purchase the vehicle, the deposit will be returned. Very exciting day with the March Madness packages as well, with all proceeds from these sales going to charity.
Old 03-12-12, 09:04 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

27k and there is a waitlist... Basically people without special accounts that let them shop earlier had no chance
Old 03-12-12, 10:16 AM
Shake1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was signed on and added it to my car literally 5 seconds after noon but took me to the wait list. They must have only had 1?
Old 03-13-12, 09:37 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In any case, looks like Infiniti is finally bringing a regular crossover to the market. FX was a bit to sport minded and the EX was just too small for most people.

I think the JX, with its 3 rows/7 seats will put some pressure on Lexus to bring an extended length RX to market.