Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lexus LX 570

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-12, 05:41 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The responses here so far are interesting because there is a huge division between those who are wowed buy this new MMC FACELIFT design as against those who feel that this new design is either a step back and thus feel that the original model/ (or pre-facelift) unit was better.

Granted, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion of course

Anyways, here's mine.

Personally, I'm more of a 'newer is better' kinda guy so it will be obvious that I will like this one. It matches well with the LC 200 facelift and I know that I will be happy with the MMC facelift of the more premium LX sibling.

@1SICK

Interesting that you mentioned "POWER PLENUM" (aka Acura's grille beak).

Personally, the effect varies on what vehicle it's in. It ranges from atrocious (Acura ZDX and Acura RL) to the point that it makes it look like the bastard child of any Honda group vehicle.

Then of course, some cases where it looks a little bit neutral (not good but not bad) like in the Acura TSX an in some cases the Acura TL

But surprisingly, I found the beak to be quite good-looking on the Canadian Acura CSX. It seems to blend in the most with the FD body style. I'm surprised.

Anyways, just sharing some insights
Old 01-08-12, 09:32 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

modernx , can you please tell me were you got these pictures from ? because i would like to see some more .
Old 01-08-12, 09:32 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Some nice MMC updates here, looks better in my opinion like the new grill, still better looking than that QX56. Is there an HID option now?
Old 01-08-12, 09:44 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lovin these new pics !!!!
Old 01-08-12, 09:53 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
CT doesn't have it, neither did the LF-GH concept:

The use of chrome there is fine (it ends where it's supposed to). This is not fine:

Either cut it off like it was on the concept and on the CT or extend it all the way to surround the entire grill. Just the fact that they changed it from the concept shows to me that they lack direction and are indecisive about this new design direction.
The CT has it, the pic you posted shows it. The LF-GH had it, the car is silver so its harder to see. Again you can dislike it and I am not a huge fan of it. That said it shows direction and detail b/c THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE.

How the hell can moving to a new direction show lack of direction? All the vehicles are going this route. Now if you don't like the direction, thats fine.

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Lovin these new pics !!!!
Not bad!

Originally Posted by Blackraven
The responses here so far are interesting because there is a huge division between those who are wowed buy this new MMC FACELIFT design as against those who feel that this new design is either a step back and thus feel that the original model/ (or pre-facelift) unit was better.

Granted, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion of course

Anyways, here's mine.

Personally, I'm more of a 'newer is better' kinda guy so it will be obvious that I will like this one. It matches well with the LC 200 facelift and I know that I will be happy with the MMC facelift of the more premium LX sibling.

@1SICK

Interesting that you mentioned "POWER PLENUM" (aka Acura's grille beak).

Personally, the effect varies on what vehicle it's in. It ranges from atrocious (Acura ZDX and Acura RL) to the point that it makes it look like the bastard child of any Honda group vehicle.

Then of course, some cases where it looks a little bit neutral (not good but not bad) like in the Acura TSX an in some cases the Acura TL

But surprisingly, I found the beak to be quite good-looking on the Canadian Acura CSX. It seems to blend in the most with the FD body style. I'm surprised.

Anyways, just sharing some insights
It seems its not really split so far, most like the change, a couple don't like it.

Old 01-08-12, 09:57 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you cannot share the source of the pics it may not be the best idea to be posting. Posts removed for right now.
Old 01-08-12, 10:10 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The CT has it, the pic you posted shows it. The LF-GH had it, the car is silver so its harder to see. Again you can dislike it and I am not a huge fan of it. That said it shows direction and detail b/c THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE.
CT and LFGH did not have the awkward extended bit.

Originally Posted by J.P.
If you cannot share the source of the pics it may not be the best idea to be posting. Posts removed for right now.
Source of the pics is an obscure private photobucket album.
Old 01-08-12, 10:31 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^damn removed RIGHT as I was about to show a friend lol.

Put em back!
Old 01-08-12, 11:32 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
CT doesn't have it, neither did the LF-GH concept:

Either cut it off like it was on the concept and on the CT or extend it all the way to surround the entire grill. Just the fact that they changed it from the concept shows to me that they lack direction and are indecisive about this new design direction.
in complete agreement with you there
Old 01-08-12, 11:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
in complete agreement with you there
it is rather obvious that this new grille will be on every lexus out there. people can hate it... but it shows that they have direction, not lack of one.

i think it makes stale LX look more aggressive... a lot. is it prettier? probably not... but it does look more interesting.

also we are looking at blown up pics of one small part of the car... nobody that saw GS on car show mentioned this looking bad.
Old 01-08-12, 12:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

i think that looks pretty good... from vwvortex.com.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...led&p=75273306
Old 01-08-12, 12:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

everytime I get into an LX the brushed metal trim on the center console (temp area) has me at wow. Some of then nicest materials I've seen
Old 01-08-12, 12:58 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question on everybody's mind is: Does it have HIDs this time?
Old 01-08-12, 01:36 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

they didnt do much to the interior...looks like a new tach, removed some radio buttons, and maybe increased the size of the nav screen by an inch. still a great looking interior though
Old 01-08-12, 01:47 PM
scgt652
Pole Position

One of the advantages of the new spindle grill is that it helps to further differentiate Lexus' exterior styling from that of Toyota. For instance, the new LX now looks much more unique and different than the Land Cruiser.

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus LX 570