Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Discovery's new Velocity channel launching October 4 [w/video]

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-11, 11:31 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Discovery's new Velocity channel launching October 4 [w/video]

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/22/d...ber-4-w-video/

Thankfully, there's plenty of programming on television for automotive gearheads: Top Gear shows and motor racing broadcast from locations around the world, car chase scenes in movies, the always-dysfunctional crew from American Chopper... heck, there's even a whole channel called Speed. But it's about to get some competition on the octane-drenched airwaves.

As we reported back in July, Discovery is gearing up to launch the Velocity channel, jam-packed with car-related programming, all broadcast in high-definition. Discovery has now announced that the channel will begin airing in place of the existing HD Theater on October 4 at 7 pm (Eastern Standard Time). But just what can we expect when it does?

Fortunately, the producers have hit us with details on network's new lineup. Velocity wont be entirely about cars, targeting as it will "upscale men" in general. So there will be some NFL coverage, gadget shows, finishing programs and such. But what about the cars?

For starters, MotorWeek – the staple car magazine show that's been on the air for over 30 years now – will be calling the network home. The initial line-up also includes American Icon with Chip Foose, Chasing Classic Cars, What's My Car Worth, Inside West Coast Customs and the motorcycle show Cafe Racer – many of which were previously shown on HD Theater but which will debut their new seasons on Velocity.
Attached Thumbnails Discovery's new Velocity channel launching October 4 [w/video]-velocity-tv.jpg  
Old 09-23-11, 09:28 PM
LexFather

Thanks for the heads up!