Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Hybrid vehicles: Now in the Philippines

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 01:34 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^Lol you just need to bribe them and pay them kickback and 'lagay' and your illegal vehicle imports will be cleared.

Anyways

@1SICK

Interesting

However:
-Since Hong Kong does not get Mark Levinson audio for their CT, then it is most likely that we won't get it either

Probably max for our CT Philippine-spec will be either 6 speakers or 10 speakers.

Also:
If you check the video, you can see that our RX450 h DOES NOT have Remote touch.

So yeah, I'm expecting that our CT200 will not have Remote touch either.

It sucks but oh well, at least have the car

One last thing
This Lexus CT 200h will eat local Prius sales for breakfast.

Case in point. TMPI only sold 23 units of Prius for the WHOLE OF YEAR 2010. I expect the CT to sell at least double of that

And here is an outlook of local luxury/premium car sales for the month of January 2011:

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/luxur...ell-in-january

Even before the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines could officially release the sales figures for the opening month of the year, we already knew how well (or bad) the luxury brands fared in January. According to an industry source with very special connections, Mercedes-Benz (distributed by CATS Motors) was the best-performing upscale brand last month, moving 57 new units in our market.

In second place was BMW (distributed by Asian Carmakers Corporation) with 49 units, followed by Lexus with 27 units and Volvo (distributed by Viking Cars) with 20 units. Meanwhile, according to our source, the two brands handled by PGA Cars had a rather lukewarm first month, with Audi managing just 17 units and Porsche selling 11 units.

With new models set to arrive in the coming months for all the abovementioned brands, expect the luxury segment to be even more vibrant by the second half of the year. For a detailed list of what's in store from these posh brands, check out our 2011 Roll-Out Issue, due out in the second week of February.

For Lexus Manila, this is good because they are at least in the top three for the month of January 2011. Will things bode well for Lexus Manila for the remainder of the year? Well, let's wait-and-see.

Old 02-04-11, 08:31 PM
LexFather

Good info, thanks!

Old 03-11-11, 11:33 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Default Lexus CT now in Manila: First market in South East Asia

It's here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyrRoBPtKYA[/youtube]

First market in South East Asia to launch the Lexus CT!!!

"If I will describe the CT200 in one sentence, it's a fusion of luxury, performance and social contribution" - Danny Isla, President of Lexus Manila

Last edited by Blackraven; 03-11-11 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-12-11, 06:28 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

It's amazing how expensive lexus and other luxury cars are in the philippines. Because of this my uncle has imported all his cars from somewhere else except for his town car. But his ls430, lx470, and x5 came from different countries because he said it was just cheaper that way, and because the ls and lx werent offered there new. He also said to get these cars serviced at the dealerships is a complete ripoff as they were originally not from their. It's pretty nice how well off we are here in the states when it comes to the price of our cars
Old 03-12-11, 10:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
"If I will describe the CT200 in one sentence, it's a fusion of luxury, performance and social contribution" - Danny Isla, President of Lexus Manila
because nothing says those things like noisy, cramped, and a 0-60 of 10 seconds.

but luxury is certainly INCREDIBLE EXPENSIVE there, but that's not lexus' fault, but your awful govt's instead.
Old 03-14-11, 12:29 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
because nothing says those things like noisy, cramped, and a 0-60 of 10 seconds.

but luxury is certainly INCREDIBLE EXPENSIVE there, but that's not lexus' fault, but your awful govt's instead.
hehe we get that a lot :P

But sadly
can't do anything about it now. tariff reduction for Japan-made cars coming here only applies to 3000cc cars and above (for those below, incentives only come in by year 2013). That's the best that can be done here for now.

Still, it's the cheapest priced Lexus atm (both regular and F-sport package versions) so we should see some units on the road starting next month........and yes, Lexus Manila can easily sell ALL 40 UNITS of the CT200h (for this year's local allocation :P)
Old 03-14-11, 12:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
But sadly can't do anything about it now. tariff reduction for Japan-made cars coming here only applies to 3000cc cars and above (for those below, incentives only come in by year 2013). That's the best that can be done here for now.
what's the logic for this? i don't know if there's any car production there (sorry, my bad), but is it because most of it is smaller cars and they want to price protect local production?

and yes, Lexus Manila can easily sell ALL 40 UNITS of the CT200h (for this year's local allocation :P)
hehe, 40 is hardly a whole bunch.
Old 03-15-11, 08:02 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
what's the logic for this? i don't know if there's any car production there (sorry, my bad), but is it because most of it is smaller cars and they want to price protect local production?
Hehe the incentives thingy is caused by JPEPA
http://www.acronymfinder.com/Japan_P...t-(JPEPA).html

Yeah it's a bilateral economic agreement between the Philippines and Japan.

Anyway
I've seen the positive effects of JPEPA first-hand (i.e. prices of Murano, Subaru Legacy Outback, Land Cruiser, majority of Lexus vehicles, etc.) have dropped prices. Heck, the Toyota Alphard V6 has kept its price below 3 million pesos and that's why there are more V6 Alphard than the 2.4 liter model (as the difference is only a mere 200k pesos)

And this was possible only because of JPEPA.

Unfortunately, there are those communists, militants, extremists and those anti-globalization protesters who wanted to prevent JPEPA from being passed.

Fortunately, their attempts ALL FAILED

hehe, 40 is hardly a whole bunch.
Hehe but from what I heard, TMPI only sold 18 Toyota Prius (when the first year allocation was 22 units)

Hence why I said that
The 40 unit allocation of Lexus CT for the country will run out before the year ends.