Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 01:06 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh shet that looks SEXY.

and for you folks. the Insignia VXR was on Top Gear for the season finale (with the LFA)

here's the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95WrcLJseE
Old 01-09-10, 03:04 PM
YEH
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
might as well call it a Buick Regal GS350.

they shape it like a GS, and now they call it a GS.

just go all the way and call it a Buixus GS350.
Yeah, like the GS was so "original" in the 1st place.
Old 01-09-10, 03:59 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
All these new Buicks are starting to look the same
tell that to BMW...the front end on all their cars looks the same....and has for years.

I think the exterior and interior are HUGE improvements. Even using the Regal name is a smart move -- its recongnized by the older crowd and the new hot design will attract new buyers
Old 01-09-10, 04:13 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YEH
Yeah, like the GS was so "original" in the 1st place.
Hi, Giugiaro called, they would like to have a few words with you.
Old 01-09-10, 09:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They nailed the styling by borrowing it. What ever works
Old 01-09-10, 10:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I like the Insignia VXR version..
Old 01-09-10, 11:37 PM
YEH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Hi, Giugiaro called, they would like to have a few words with you.
Uhh, I'm talking about the current GS, which, if I'm not mistaken, Giugiaro had nothing to do with.

The new Regal doesn't really look much like the 1st gen Giugiaro designed GS, however the original GS does have some family resemblance to a Giugiaro designed Daewoo (doh!) which was penned around the same time.
Old 01-10-10, 11:57 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by YEH
Uhh, I'm talking about the current GS, which, if I'm not mistaken, Giugiaro had nothing to do with.

The new Regal doesn't really look much like the 1st gen Giugiaro designed GS, however the original GS does have some family resemblance to a Giugiaro designed Daewoo (doh!) which was penned around the same time.
For the record it was a design proposed to Jaguar that they declined and Lexus bought it. Daewoo as you have stated has bought some of his designs as well.

Old 01-10-10, 02:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I was just reading in the latest Road and Track magazine that a version of the Regal was supposed to also be the next Saturn Aura until Saturn got cancelled. They liked its firm, Euro-chassis compared to previous Buicks.

I don't have any specific Regal review requests, but plan to take a look at the car myself just out of curiosity. I may or may not do a write-up, depending on the interest level.
Old 01-10-10, 02:46 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think that looks fantastic.....
I think so too. For the first time ever, I am excited about Buick! I think it looks fantastic. I was afraid that they were going to ruin the look while converting to Buick but they got it almost perfect!

Good job GM!
Old 01-10-10, 02:58 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YEH

The GS design has always been a derivative of previous versions. It is Lexus' most consistent design theme apart from the LS, so yeah, I'd say it is original. Gen 2 GS with "L-finesse". Further more, if you are thinking that it looks like a Jag XF (what else looks like a GS ), I'd suggest that you check which came out first.
Old 01-11-10, 07:32 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Hopefully it has a "GNX" trim or something with the Insignia VXR engine. It's just a turbocharged Ecotec.
Old 01-12-10, 09:14 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

I just hope the Regal GS doesn't sticker for much more than $31K...once you cross that barrier it's into 3-Series/G37 territory, and Buick isn't quite there yet, even if the Regal GS has good acceleration (doubt it will be as dynamically competent or overwell "nicely balanced" as the 3 or G37).
Old 01-12-10, 10:32 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

i wonder why we dont get the 320hp turbo v6
Old 01-21-10, 04:53 AM
LexFather

Buick Announces Pricing For 2011 Regal

Detroit – Buick today announced pricing for the all-new 2011 Regal. Prices start at $26,995 for the premium CXL model, including a $750 destination charge.

Regal's CXL turbo model will start at $29,495, including a $750 destination charge.

Regal will initially be offered in premium CXL trim only, with additional trim levels to be offered in the 2012 model year. The well-equipped Regal CXL includes the following as standard or available equipment:

* Standard 2.4L Ecotec direct injected engine rated at an estimated 182 horsepower (136 kW)
* Available 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and direct injected engine rated at an estimated 220 horsepower (164 kW) – available late-summer 2010
* Both engines have six-speed automatic transmission standard with Driver Shift Control (DSC)
* Estimated 30 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L and 29 mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo engine
* MacPherson strut front suspension and four-link independent rear suspension
* Class-exclusive Interactive Drive Control System is available with the 2.0L turbo,

offering enhanced vehicle stability and greater driving safety, while also adapting the driving characteristics of the car to the driver's preferences. The driver selects among three operating modes that adjust suspension, steering, throttle, transmission, and stability systems to personalize the driving experience

* Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic parking brake
* Standard StabiliTrak stability control system and full-function traction control
* Standard dual-stage frontal air bags, side-curtain air bags and pedal-release system; and available rear-seat thorax air bags
* Available navigation system, Harman Kardon sound system, and internal flash drive (1GB)
* Standard 18-inch aluminum wheels (19-inch aluminum wheels come with available Interactive Drive Control on the 2.0L turbo)
* Standard 12-way power, leather and heated driver seat; leather and heated passenger front seat; Bluetooth for phone capability; i-Pod auxiliary jack and USB port; XM Satellite Radio and OnStar

"The Regal is the next chapter in Buick's transformation and we're excited to bring this Buick sport sedan to market," said Craig Bierley, Buick Marketing Director. "The dynamic driving experience and intuitive, personal technologies offer customers a premium sport sedan for great value." 2011 Regal pricing compares to the 2010 LaCrosse as follows:

Buick Trim Level

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Buick LaCrosse

(CX)

Available 2012MY

$26,995

(CXL)

$26,995

$30,395

(CXL) with turbo

$29,495

N/A

CXS

N/A

$33,765

Regal production for sale in the U.S. and Canada begins late Q1 2010 in Russelsheim, Germany, with vehicles expected to start arriving at dealerships in Q2 2010. North American production will begin at the Oshawa Car Assembly plant beginning in Q1 2011 .

About Buick

Buick is in the midst of a transformation that started with the Enclave luxury crossover and continues with the completely redesigned LaCrosse luxury sedan and Regal sport sedan. Buick is emerging as a modern, premium brand with vehicles characterized by sculpted designs, personal technologies, luxurious interiors and responsive performance. Future new sedans and crossovers are planned and will continue to expand Buick's portfolio both in North America and China. More information can be found at http://www.buick.com.

Quick Reply: Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base